Is soccer the greatest sport?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm watching the world cup right now and honestly I've never seen or felt an atmosphere like it is in a world cup soccer game. Do you think it's the greatest sport?

No doubt about it.

The World Cup is great, but you couldn't pay me to watch club soccer every week. Some games go 90 minutes with nothing but passing and missed shots

Last edited:
To be honest, MMA is the greatest combination of extreme skill, physical toughness and endurance, and athleticism...and fighting is a lot more real as an ability than tossing a ball around.

Personally my “greatest” sports are MMA and American Football.

Its a high stakes game,and because you dont need any equipment to play it,just a ball and a field,even poor people,esp poor people follow it.

But I dont give a shit about it myself,other than the stakes involved,as with most team sports.

usa didn't make it the finals unlike iran, saudi arabia, peru etc

"Greatest" is entirely subjective, which makes the question a bit of a non-starter.

If you want to talk about something more objective like popularity, those are better questions.

I enjoy MMA better these days, but Football is the biggest sport in the world for a reason, always gonna enjoy playing and watching football.

Spain versus Portugal was an amazing game to watch
{<redford}

No. Because it's such a low scoring game, penalty kicks loom in importance far more than they should; because penalty kicks are so valuable, it encourages the worst displays of flopping and playacting seen on a playing field.

Nope. No sport than can end 0-0 is the greatest sport on Earth.

It's a tribal thing. Most people don't even care about it but World Cup is an event that pulls people together.
As a spectator sport, it can be boring as hell, so I don't like it but a lot of people seem to enjoy it for some reason.

Back