With the forum changes, can we increase the amount of conversation participants again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Anyone....?

Bueller?

If people are plotting in chats to take over the website, just ban those people don't punish everyone.

That is stupid.

I don't make moderating decisions here.

There's a widget on the homepage
Staff Online Now
I'm not staff

Lethal, Peteyandjia, BAM are admins who are also staff

No because everyone will end up talking behind my back about how fat I am.
That's dumb
there's no actual reason that makes sense to limit the amount of people in chats, unless its a server issue

Do you know why conversations were limited?

The reason is pretty hilarious

Anyways I agree with OP and think mods should take the limit off convo's
I know the reasons cited, and they're absolutely stupid

There's no good reason to limit conversation size, and the only result is making the site less user friendly

@Peteyandjia should actually seriously listen to the complaint

smh
You could at least give an actual answer

It caused a bunch of problems with people plotting forum raid type stuff. Basically kinda ruined it for everybody

It caused a bunch of problems with people plotting forum raid type stuff. Basically kinda ruined it for everybody
Then why don't you deal with those people.
I'm 100% certain that A) It wasn't the majority of people who participate in conversations and B) There are other ways people could plot forum raids if they wanted to in other ways

Limiting conversation size just seems like a meaningless gesture, that again, only really results in making the site less user friendly

Then why don't you deal with those people.
I'm 100% certain that A) It wasn't the majority of people who participate in conversations and B) There are other ways people could plot forum raids if they wanted to in other ways

Limiting conversation size just seems like a meaningless gesture, that again, only really results in making the site less user friendly

From what I remember when it was discussed, they were thought to be more trouble than they were worth. We had problems with aforementioned forum raidy stuff, and also some poster harassment stuff. And it can be tough to moderate those situations. In the end, we figured if people want to break off into private conversation groups about stuff, they can always share emails via PM.

From what I remember when it was discussed, they were thought to be more trouble than they were worth. We had problems with aforementioned forum raidy stuff, and also some poster harassment stuff. And it can be tough to moderate those situations. In the end, we figured if people want to break off into private conversation groups about stuff, they can always share emails via PM.
That's really silly.

But okay. Thanks for an actual answer.

That's really silly.

But okay. Thanks for an actual answer.

tumblr_myr9fogByz1t6focxo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back