Can I throw overhands to the body?

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course I can, is it very effective though? Or is it going to land at too weird of an angle? I got a image in my head of my overhand coming down right on the kidney and dropping them. The liver might be harder to get at with an overhand but maybe that to. Anybody got any good clips of this happening?

Of course I can, is it very effective though? Or is it going to land at too weird of an angle? I got a image in my head of my overhand coming down right on the kidney and dropping them. The liver might be harder to get at with an overhand but maybe that to. Anybody got any good clips of this happening?
it's illegal in boxing these days (because it hits the kidney), but i think you should check out the way ray robinson threw right hands to the body.

I'm not sure the name of the exact technique, maybe one of the karate guys here can help me, but karate has this strike that's kinda like an overhand to the collarbone. Not exactly what you're looking for but it could be useful. I know that Ryu in Street Fighter uses it. :p

@Tayski might be able to tell you more

I'm a bit concerned when I read questions like these. Please be careful.

I'm not sure the name of the exact technique, maybe one of the karate guys here can help me, but karate has this strike that's kinda like an overhand to the collarbone. Not exactly what you're looking for but it could be useful. I know that Ryu in Street Fighter uses it. :p

@Tayski might be able to tell you more

If you're talking about an open hand technique there is Shuto Sakotsu Uchi that can be used to attack the collarbone.

If you're talking about an open hand technique there is Shuto Sakotsu Uchi that can be used to attack the collarbone.

I looked up where I saw it, found an old Jack Slack article, turns out its Satoksu Wari:
AstonishingDampAnnelid.gif

latest

They have very similar names, but I dunno what the words mean

I guess it makes less sense in boxing with those big gloves in the way

I looked up where I saw it, found an old Jack Slack article, turns out its Satoksu Wari:
AstonishingDampAnnelid.gif

latest

They have very similar names, but I dunno what the words mean

I've never heard of "Satoksu Wari". It seems to be what they called that technique in Street Fighter.

In that first gif through that first punch just looks like a gyaku tsuki (straight punch from rear hand), but just slightly angled so that it goes over the guard.

@Azam @shinkyoku Might know better what it's called.

Last edited:
Don't bother, longer trajectory, and it prob won't do deal damage compared to regular straight to the body

If you do pull it off, it is a legit manlet technique

Don't bother, longer trajectory, and it prob won't do deal damage compared to regular straight to the body

If you do pull it off, it is a legit manlet technique
don't know about that. i have seen robinson make people do the worm with that punch. i can guarantee he didn't throw it like that for nothing.

Back