Fairtex, twins and top king impressions and size comparison

never enough

Colour my life with the Chaos of trouble
@Orange
Reaction score
Just a quick insight on the differences betwwen the top 3 mauy thai brands
Im 5'7 140lbs with small wrists so i had trouble finding the perfect fit so this may help other smaller guys
Im 8" around the knuckles and 6" wrists

Fairtex BVG1 12oz nation print in red
I loved these straight out of the box, Looked great, perfect stitching. Nice looking smooth leather
Unfortunately the hand compartment is very wide and after a couple of sessions.
I actually didnt use these much after a while until I got the winning knuckle guard to fill out the gloves.

Twins special 10z in green
These were tight!! Straight away these were very tight to wear with wraps on. After a week or so of pad and bag work they loosened up and perfectly fit my hands. Leather seems thicker than Fairtex, good stitching.
Feel a little awkward at times like the padding is in the wrong place but overall great gloves

Fairtex BVG9 12oz in black
These gloves look great! seem sleeker then both other gloves. More of a boxing glove with a longer cuff but great wrist support. Great pop on the bag and mitts.
I still found the hand compartment wide, once again the winning knuckle guard made these perfect.
I didnt find them overly stiff like some other people These are now my favourite bag and mitt gloves.
Ive even sparred in them (not advisable)

Top King 14oz urban camo
I was on the fence about top king because the seemed massive and bulky in photos.
These fit as tight as the twins 10z and are stiff as hell. Ive only used these for a few rounds on the bag so far but im sure theyll break in.
They are tight and while they are actually pretty big gloves the feel quite small and streamlined.
Surprisingly they give a great pop on the bags at the moment, probably because they are still very hard and stiff.
35302407_10156294300160505_5305615157068562432_o_zpsbnau8qow.jpg

As you can see the fairtex BVG9s look the smallest of the 3

@never enough, if you had to pick any training gloves for hitting the pads and sparring, which one would you pick ? I

@never enough, if you had to pick any training gloves for hitting the pads and sparring, which one would you pick ? I
I actually enjoy using the 10oz twins the most purely because they fit better. The bvg9s would be prefect but just too wide without the knuckle guards. But apparently no good for sparring.
I'm still looking for the 'perfect fit' glove for sparring. Considering buying some sabas or cleto reyes hybrids purely for sparring.

my go to is twins...

top king gloves are super tight brand new and my hands hurt/cramped up.
twins are great, feel comfortable and well-padded
fairtex is ok but as long as i have a pair of twins, the fairtex just end up collecting dust
i like boon as well but i feel like they are missing thumb protection

I think the Twins are the best of the pack.
Top King is just a bad copy of King with a stolen graphic of Top Ten.

I think the Twins are the best of the pack.
Top King is just a bad copy of King with a stolen graphic of Top Ten.
I tend to agree as an all purpose glove. The bgv9 is a great glove as well.
I think I like fairtex bvg1s 16oz for sparring though because of the smaller profile. I tried the breathable version and like it more because of the grip bar The top kings are ridiculous my coach actually laughed and asked why I was wearing 18oz gloves! (They are 14oz they just look massive)

my go to is twins...

top king gloves are super tight brand new and my hands hurt/cramped up.
twins are great, feel comfortable and well-padded
fairtex is ok but as long as i have a pair of twins, the fairtex just end up collecting dust
i like boon as well but i feel like they are missing thumb protection

I'd agree that Twins are good all purpose gloves, fit for sparring and bag/padwork, but I can't put them above Fairtex's quality, Topking and Boon never really appealed to me, I've owned plenty of Twins and Fairtex and I feel that Fairtex hold up longer than Twins do, the other difference I've noticed is Fairtex are usually closer to the designated weight than Twins are. But overall they're both well made gloves.

Right now I have a brand new pair of bgv9’s and bgv1’s that are about to enter rotation. I have had a couple pairs of the bgv1’s over the years and I just love how versatile they are. I am a huge fan of Triumph United gloves and prefer to use my T*U Death Stars for pad work as they are a little too soft for the bag. Will be using my Bgv9’s for boxing bag work and the bgv1’s for Kickboxing

Back