Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised motherfuckers. Never watched the show but since Frodo has a huge fetish for British comedies, and this is his take on it, it was bound to fail. That type of humor doesn't really have a place in Murrica.

I read the book as a kid, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, and it's fucking hysterical

Haven't seen the show though.

Last edited:
Everyone pulls their weight and has their moments. It's really refreshing to see a long lasting sit com that didn't become stale over the seasons. I'd argue that the last season was one of their best ones.

Side note: binged 4 seasons of Vikings on Netflix. Holy shit the show is intense! Why was avoiding it all these years, I will never understand. This is like everything Game of Thrones is trying to be, but better. Sons of Ragnar are one of the wildest motherfuckers to ever appear on a tv screen.

Wait till you see Ivar the Boneless get going.

I'm curious why a shitty show like Lucifer gets picked up by Netflix, while an awesome show like Hannibal doesn't.

Wait till you see Ivar the Boneless get going.
Finished season five yesterday. Ivar is a straight up comic book villain. He's like a Norse Lex Luthor. He reminds me a lot off Tooms from X-Files.

I'm curious why a shitty show like Lucifer gets picked up by Netflix, while an awesome show like Hannibal doesn't.
I'm betting Hannibal had a larger budget. It was filled with film actors. Lucifer is filled with tv actors you kinda recognize.

Lucifer is also easier to jump into mid season/series.

Robert Kirkman's INVINCIBLE Animated Series Receives Straight-to-Series Order from Amazon

MUZcKkB.png

Nearly a year after moving his overall deal from AMC to Amazon Studios, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has lined up his first new series under the pact and it's a familiar one.

Amazon Studios has handed out a straight-to-series order for an hourlong animated take on Invincible, based on Kirkman's recently concluded comic book of the same name.

Like the comic, the eight-episode "adult animated" Amazon series, from Kirkman and Cory Walker, revolves around Mark Grayson, a normal teenager except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. Shortly after his 17th birthday, Mark begins to develop powers of his own and enters into his father’s tutelage. The series is suspenseful, action-filled and emotion-packed, yet builds upon poignant and heartwarming moments of love, friendship and humanity.

The series is produced by Kirkman's Skybound, with Simon Racioppa (Teen Titans) set as showrunner. Kirkman, Racioppa, David Alpert (The Walking Dead) and Catherine Winder (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) are attached to executive produce. Justin and Chris Copeland (Ultimate Spider-Man) will serve as supervising directors.

First launched in 2003, the comic published by Kirkman's Image Comics imprint Skybound Entertainment wrapped its run in February after 144 issues. Kirkman and Walker created the title, with Ryan Ottley boarding with the eighth issue as its central artist.

Invincible was developed in April 2017 as a feature film, which sources say is still active. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are set to write, direct and produce the adaptation of the comic, with Kirkman on board via Skybound's first-look deal with Universal Pictures. Skybound topper Alpert and co-presidents of film and TV Bryan Furst and Sean Furst are attached to the feature and will return for the Amazon series.

Invincible is Kirkman's first series under his overall deal with Amazon Studios. The pact reunited him with genre topper Yguado, who helped turn The Walking Dead series into a global phenomenon when the series launched day-and-date across the globe.

The Invincible order gives Kirkman his fourth scripted series on the air, joining AMC's The Walking Dead and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead as well as Cinemax's exorcism drama Outcast. All of them are based on Kirkman's Skybound comics.

For its part, Amazon checks off three boxes with Invincible in that the series is a genre play, animated and a YA-themed entry. Genre and YA are both top priorities for new Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke. The series comes as animation continues to be a top priority for streamers.

'Walking Dead' Creator Sets First Amazon Series: Animated Comic Book Drama 'Invincible'

I hope they reboot it. It such a shitty cookie cutter tv show that insults the actual character.

I didn't see a thread for it so I'm going to post in here

I am currently watching episode 11 of season 1 for Hannibal. This show makes no fucking sense to me. I legit have no idea what is even happening

The show is so nonlinear that it becomes a chore to follow this shit. The viewer is just as confused as Will is.

I'm not surprised that this wasn't a hit with casual audiences

Last edited:
Was Lucifer any good?
Is just like a supernatural type procedural? That's what it felt like it was going to be like from the 1 and only episode i watched. I can't get into a show without strong driving story

I just started watching Colony and it is superb. I just finished season 1 and 2..heading on to season 3 now. Really well done show. The family drama in shows about aliens and supernatural beings is usually what drags these kinds of shows, but it's actually one of the best parts of this show, while having compelling outside factors and characters.
I like the black dude in it, he's like a low budget Denzel.
Lucifer is meh I expected to it be like him using his powers turning in to a devil sometimes having cool cgi it 's ok and the writting is not good I don't ; like how they developed the character of Lucifer a wussyfied devil about Colony it sucked for me the first couple of episodes then I stuck by it and it got better as it went but they need to finally show the aliens who are fighting each other

I think that Lucifer is a hard show to keep pulling off. There is a set narrative and storyline that was pretty much used up.

I am currently watching episode 11 of season 1 for Hannibal. This show makes no fucking sense to me. I legit have no idea what is even happening

The show is so nonlinear that it becomes a chore to follow this shit. The viewer is just as confused as Will is.

This is surprising - I'm currently rewatching the show for the first time since it aired, and I'm around the same point you are.

I'd say watch it until the final episode of the 1st season (13th), to determine if you'd like to continue on with it.

You're right, it absolutely was not a hit with network audiences. It's subject matter is more fit for cable channels like Showtime. I found some episodes hard to watch the first time through.

Speaking of first time through episodes, it was also horrible trying to keep up with the story from week to week. The short prologue at the beginning of each episode wasn't a good reminder of previous events, and it was impossible for new viewers to understand what was going on.

But, upon my second viewing of the first season, all within a few days, I've found it much easier to follow along with the story. Binge watching is practically a requirement.

I initially stopped stopped following the show shortly after watching the beginning of the 3rd season, but now I'm looking forward to seeing how it wraps up. I know it ends abruptly, NBC finally pulling the plug and cancelled it.

There's been hopes Brian Fuller, the show's producer, would be able to continue the show for a 4th season on STARZ, Hulu, or some other network. We'll see if those talks are successful.

There wasn't a lot of action in the latest episode of The Expanse but damn, that was a great episode. I never really cared about the Belters but I'm now rooting for them. David Strathairn is amazing and his character is great. Once again, The Expanse gives us some different realistic sci-fi concepts we don't normally see in movies and TV shows like internal injuries at zero-G.

The Expanse is truly sci-fi's Game of Thrones. Except the pace is faster, the payout is quicker and different characters meet up faster.

Been a while since I saw it, but it I remember it being incredibly pretentious, cheesy and dull. And I usually like most of the 'out there' stuff.

Jeremy Irons to Lead Cast of HBO and Damon Lindelof's WATCHMEN TV Series

DxDHpn4.jpg

HBO has found its leading man for its highly anticipated take on Watchmen. Oscar and Emmy winner Jeremy Irons has been tapped to topline the pilot from Damon Lindelof (The Leftovers).

While HBO has remained mum on character details for Watchmen, Irons will likely play an aging and imperious lord of a British manor.

Lindelof's take on Alan Moore's beloved comic series is set in an alternate history where "superheroes" are treated as outlaws. Watchmen embraces the nostalgia of the original trailblazing graphic novel while attempting to break ground of its own. Lindelof penned the pilot script and executive produces alongside Tom Spezialy and Nicole Kassell (The Leftovers), the latter of whom will direct the pilot. The project hails from Lindelof's White Rabbit banner and Warner Bros. Television.

Irons joins previously announced Watchmen cast members Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Adelaide Clemens and Andrew Howard.

Irons' credits include his Emmy-winning role in HBO's Elizabeth I, Oscar-winning role in 1990's Reversal of Fortune and Showtime's The Borgias.

'Watchmen': Jeremy Irons to Lead Cast of HBO's Damon Lindelof Pilot

Shooter season 3 is out (by 1 episode)

@Dragonlordxxxxx

you watched it yet?

i'm in the middle of a few series so going to wait till it's finished but last season was disappointing
though i loved the first season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back