Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Tenshin's body language after the decision showed to me that even he thought he should have lost.

This was at least a very competitive fight so not the worst robbery we've seen but still not the right decision.

K-1 has uploaded all their fights.

And it is getting properly trashed for horrifically reffed Kido VS Glunder fight.
Judge it by yourself.

After that treat yourself to the most well-matched fight on paper Gonnapar VS Rukiya

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching it in full I can see why some may think Tenshin won whether I agree with it or not. He was out pointing Rodtung at certain points of the fight but Rodtung did more damage. Very close fight and I was happy with the extra round. Hopefully we get a rematch soon.

I thought Rodtung won aswell but wouldn't have complained if they gave it a draw

watched the whole K-1 Tournament

Superfights delivered but The tournament had a lot of wrong judging and inexistent knockdowns, apart from this it had good fights

My pick for the tournament winner was the winner of the quarter final fight Haruma Saikyo(favorite to win) vs Asahisa Hirotaka(2nd favorite)

not sure why people were so upset at YT on their fight,it was a competitive fight but for me Saikyo won fair

Too bad the tournament final ended up in a early injury

Judging in K-1 has been inconsistent since 1993. One day it is the number of strikes, another day it is aggression,
another day it is the number of significant strikes, another day it is damages, etc. The sad thing is that you can actually tell which judges are inconsistent, but just like boxing there is no punishment for the judges so you have CJ Ross and Adalaide Byrd in every event.

They knew where to come for that real fight insight. Sorry Twitter...

Didn't see round 1, but I gave 2-5 to Rodthung + the extension that shouldn't have been. Takeru looked defeated and spent at some point -- I think it was round 4, when he received 5 or 6 straight kicks with no answer at all. Rodthung worked him over good with body punches as well.

Takeru wins via crowd roar.

I must've been sleepy when first watching this. Tenshin did his best work in round 2; his round.

Last edited:
Who do you consider the best nak muay at 126? Iv fallen behind on that division a lot. It seems like a lot of its stars from last year are either retired or moved up to 130+

I don't know, man. I too have been a bit out of it (the entire sport).

Sherdog = the only legitimate voice of kickboxing on the whole internet.

Sherdog = the only legitimate voice of kickboxing on the whole internet.
That's because we drop that uncut raw, not that promotion pandering like you'll find from those elitists on Twitter...

Fun fact
Tenshin is now dating his training partner Asakura Kanna, who is fighting Rena next in a highly-anticipated rematch.

Back