Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

How do you like the radian stuff? Solid? Good lock up etc?

Their stuff is probably the highest quality you can buy. Looks, fit, finish, parts, features, feel, etc are all top notch. Lockup is fantastic, they have a built in spring loaded tensioner, SART (self adjusting receiver tensioner). When closing the receiver it actively resists you.

Their stuff is probably the highest quality you can buy. Looks, fit, finish, parts, features, feel, etc are all top notch. Lockup is fantastic, they have a built in spring loaded tensioner, SART (self adjusting receiver tensioner). When closing the receiver it actively resists you.

I like the SART feature for sure. Pretty sure I'll use there stuff on the Grendel. 17 inch set for sure. 18-19 or 20 inch barrel.

I like the SART feature for sure. Pretty sure I'll use there stuff on the Grendel. 17 inch set for sure. 18-19 or 20 inch barrel.

I almost went for 6.5 Grendel but decided against it after messing with some ballistics calculators.

Both 20" velocities. I didn't think the 50-100 yards extra distance was worth it to get into another caliber. The lack of factory ammo options and the price of about $.75 a round is about the cheapest brass I've seen kind of killed it for me.

qVyVOBd.jpg

uU4tOxP.jpg

CkZUvdR.jpg

Then I compared cheaper options, again both 20" velocities. The 75gr hornady black is right around $.50 a round on sale.

KZuoe4b.jpg

icUxi9u.jpg

I may have gone with .224 Valkyrie if it was more of a thing when I built my rifle. It reaches out to 1300, has some reasonably priced 75gr brass ammo ($.45 on sale) and FGMM 90 gr is similar to .223 match ammo price.

I almost went for 6.5 Grendel but decided against it after messing with some ballistics calculators.

Both 20" velocities. I didn't think the 50-100 yards extra distance was worth it to get into another caliber. The lack of factory ammo options and the price of about $.75 a round is about the cheapest brass I've seen kind of killed it for me.

qVyVOBd.jpg

uU4tOxP.jpg

CkZUvdR.jpg

Then I compared cheaper options, again both 20" velocities. The 75gr hornady black is right around $.50 a round on sale.

KZuoe4b.jpg

icUxi9u.jpg

I may have gone with .224 Valkyrie if it was more of a thing when I built my rifle. It reaches out to 1300, has some reasonably priced 75gr brass ammo ($.45 on sale) and FGMM 90 gr is similar to .223 match ammo price.

Grendel is a hell of a round. Valkyrie isn't 100% figured out yet.

So glad I have a second job so I can now not feel guilty buying a gun part or two.

EDIT:
AKA I just bought a complete upper and am going to buy a LPK on Friday then my 14.5" build just needs someone to pin/weld it and then throw it together and my LW AR will be done

WOOWOO

Last edited:
Trying deicde on an optic doe my AR pistol.

MRO or aimpoint pro. Thought about an eotechs 2-2 or 3-4 but battery life sucks

See if you can try out both at a store.

I like the mro, compact and great fov with clear glass. The mro is smaller, less bulky, 3x lighter, larger fov, etc.

Just had to register my AR do Jerry Brown doesn't make me a felon. Fucking CA...

If I wasn't stuck here cause my kiddo is 2 and I have a nasty custody battle, I would be out of this fucking state.

If I had a dime for every time I was told to “just move”, I’d probably be able to move and live comfortably, lol. Bringing my Northeast pension down south when I retire is gonna set me up good.

A Ruger traditional stock rifle will just have to do for now, lol.

If I had a dime for every time I was told to “just move”, I’d probably be able to move and live comfortably, lol. Bringing my Northeast pension down south when I retire is gonna set me up good.

A Ruger traditional stock rifle will just have to do for now, lol.
Yeah I have at least 16 more years here till my kiddo is 18 and I can get out of CA into a free state. Probably closer to 20 so I can hit the magic 30 year mark for retirement.

Yeah I have at least 16 more years here till my kiddo is 18 and I can get out of CA into a free state. Probably closer to 20 so I can hit the magic 30 year mark for retirement.

17th year now. I can actually talk about retirement and not think of it as a long way off. 25 seems to be the magic number. 30 for full retirement. Either one puts my kids in their 20’s and done with school.

What about Primary Arms?

Just had to register my AR do Jerry Brown doesn't make me a felon. Fucking CA...
Why didn't you just put one of these over the pistol grip? It's actually not bad for shooting.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-09-at-12.30.49-PM.png

Why didn't you just put one of these over the pistol grip? It's actually not bad for shooting.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-09-at-12.30.49-PM.png
And you have to have a fixed stock and a muzzle brake not a flash hider.

It's a giant pain in the ass to make it "featureless" and I don't trust DOJ to not change the rules and screw me over.

Only reason I registered was we have some antigun coworkers who would report us if we didn't.

It's a giant pain in the ass to make it "featureless" and I don't trust DOJ to not change the rules and screw me over.

Only reason I registered was we have some antigun coworkers who would report us if we didn't.
You can have a fixed magazine and use these bad boys instead of fixing the stock too.

Holy crap. I thought LEO’s were exempt from AWB’s? Even my shitty state gives them free reign.

Back