Elon Musk is selling flamethrowers

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone considering getting one of these? I am tempted to add this to my arsenal. I've been wanting something fun and NFA weapons are off the table because of CA law. I could find 500 dollars worth of entertainment our of one and I think it would make for a good conversation piece as well. If you already own one what do you do with it?
Is there a way to modify it to make it shoot further. The 3 foot flame is not enough for me. I might need to clear some brush and I could use it for that if the flame was longer.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/busines...an-sell-flamethrowers-California-12955493.php

SACRAMENTO — California lawmakers added fuel to Elon Musk’s entrepreneurial fire when they cleared the way for sales of the investor’s newest — and probably hottest — product: personal flamethrowers.

In the coming weeks, 20,000 people could be walking around with the devices, which resemble toy guns but are capable of emitting flames at least 2 feet long. In California, there will be little to regulate them because lawmakers quietly quashed a bill to rein in recreational fire spitting.

Let’s back up. In December, one of Musk’s companies began selling hats to raise money for its vision of drilling tunnels under urban areas to beat gridlock. Fired up by a positive public response, Musk promised on Twitterthat if his Boring Co. sold 50,000 hats, it would also begin selling “the Boring Co. flamethrower.”

He explained the logic of this merchandising leap in a later tweet: “I know it’s a little off-brand, but kids love it.”

A month later, the company started a sales page for its flamethrower, and Musk tweeted that the device was a good investment to make in advance of the impending zombie apocalypse. He also posted a video of himself wielding one with the comment, “I want to be clear that a flamethrower is a super terrible idea. Definitely don’t buy one. Unless you like fun.”

Available at the fire-sale price of $500, the stock of 20,000 sold out in just four days.

Anyone considering getting one of these? I am tempted to add this to my arsenal. I've been wanting something fun and NFA weapons are off the table because of CA law. I could find 500 dollars worth of entertainment our of one and I think it would make for a good conversation piece as well. If you already own one what do you do with it?
Is there a way to modify it to make it shoot further. The 3 foot flame is not enough for me. I might need to clear some brush and I could use it for that if the flame was longer.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/busines...an-sell-flamethrowers-California-12955493.php

Have you looked at the XM42

RashUnlinedArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif

This is a far cry from space travel.

XM42 is better. They have 2 versions now, the "Lite" version is $499. The bigger versions is 1k. Those prices are from the manufacturer so probably can find them cheaper from other sources.

Great, now every douchebag is going to run out and start playing with those pieces of shit in the woods and start some more wildfires. Just what we need with our out of control climate change. Fucking idiots.

If I decide to live in the north east I might seriously consider the XM42

Back