Running best cardio rebuilder?

I think jumping rope burns more calories than running.

Is it true that swimming build fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers
At the same time?

Calisthenics - great for endurance training

Powerlifting/strength training - great for getting strong

Bodybuilding - great for looking like you're strong as a powerlifter actually is

My personal opinion is that a blend of the three is best for your average person. You should be doing be barbell training in a strength/powerlifting style as a base with some calisthenics and bodybuilding added in as necessary for your goals. But everyone should be doing a basic strength training program to increase limit strength. You don't need to go crazy with it, but you should be at a certain level that's reasonable.

Like I think every average man should be able to do the following....

* Do 30 pushups without rest
* Do 30 body squats without rest
* Do 10 pullups
* Run 1 mile in under 8 minutes
* Do a plank for 2 minutes.
* Bench press your bodyweight
* Deadlift your bodyweight
* Squat your bodyweight

That's what I would consider a good baseline of health for everyone. From there, whatever goals you have are your own but if you can't do one of those then I think you're fundamentally weak somewhere.

no .. not at all it doesnt even build slow twitch .. it primarily works the smooth muscles .. the better endurance runner you are the slower swimmer you are .. they are so totally different excersizes

no .. not at all it doesnt even build slow twitch .. it primarily works the smooth muscles .. the better endurance runner you are the slower swimmer you are .. they are so totally different excersizes

I think Alex Viada said something to the effect that Swimming has the lowest carryover of any cardio exercise. So it will improve your cardiovascular fitness, but that won't translate well to Running, Biking etc.

I think Alex Viada said something to the effect that Swimming has the lowest carryover of any cardio exercise. So it will improve your cardiovascular fitness, but that won't translate well to Running, Biking etc.
thank you for being open minded i thought you were going to say some really mean choice words at me .. can you send me the link of alex vida saying that ?

as far as improving your cardio fitness when i took a personal trainer class the guy muscle heads said they would rather sleep in a barn than swim in a pool .i pulled my **ing knee the because this gay guy tried to get close to me i hate swimming i hate it i got to pass a lifeguard test . most poeple on sherdog they know that it it just helps your muscles soothen lat flare got mad at me and said its a good warm up before weighting lifting .. its horrible before lifting or even calestinetics .. its not even a good cool down because by the time you get to the pool deck your heart is pumping so fast that you could slip and fall
its good to cool down for like 5 minutes or 10 min then swim and release muscle tissue .. dude just talking about swimming for cardio is making my typing flunky .. DONT DO IT FOR CARDIO do it for 1) rehab 2) stretching 3) and smooth muscle .. like someone said you could be a horrible rope-skipper and get better cardio out of that

Last edited:
thank you for being open minded i thought you were going to say some really mean choice words at me .. can you send me the link of alex vida saying that ?

as far as improving your cardio fitness when i took a personal trainer class the guy muscle heads said they would rather sleep in a barn than swim in a pool .i pulled my **ing knee the because this gay guy tried to get close to me i hate swimming i hate it i got to pass a lifeguard test . most poeple on sherdog they know that it it just helps your muscles soothen lat flare got mad at me and said its a good warm up before weighting lifting .. its horrible before lifting or even calestinetics .. its not even a good cool down because by the time you get to the pool deck your heart is pumping so fast that you could slip and fall
its good to cool down for like 5 minutes or 10 min then swim and release muscle tissue .. dude just talking about swimming for cardio is making my typing flunky .. DONT DO IT FOR CARDIO do it for 1) rehab 2) stretching 3) and smooth muscle .. like someone said you could be a horrible rope-skipper and get better cardio out of that

Sorry, I can't remember exactly where I read it. I think it was an interview Viada did with Juggernaut Fitness, but I'm not sure.

Sorry, I can't remember exactly where I read it. I think it was an interview Viada did with Juggernaut Fitness, but I'm not sure.
I just have to say, your avatar is amazing dude. Hard pressed to find anything more badass than that!

I just have to say, your avatar is amazing dude. Hard pressed to find anything more badass than that!

My Wakandan!:D

Thanks, bro. One of the best scenes in the entire movie, IMHO. There wasn't a weak link in the cast. Everyone brought their A Game. But Thor and Thanos were joint MVP's:cool:

My Wakandan!:D

Thanks, bro. One of the best scenes in the entire movie, IMHO. There wasn't a weak link in the cast. Everyone brought their A Game. But Thor and Thanos were joint MVP's:cool:
For sure. I liked what they tried to do with Thanos as well, finally give a villan some motive and substance.

As someone that likes Norse Mythology, Thor has always been my favourite. Add to that RPGs and Animes when I was younger and I almost got a nerdgasm in that scene. Spiderman and Venom are up there too for me, I used to read the comics way back.

For sure. I liked what they tried to do with Thanos as well, finally give a villan some motive and substance.

As someone that likes Norse Mythology, Thor has always been my favourite. Add to that RPGs and Animes when I was younger and I almost got a nerdgasm in that scene. Spiderman and Venom are up there too for me, I used to read the comics way back.

Thor Odinson was always one of my favourites. Like you, I've been into Norse Mythology for a long time. Hell, a recent DNA ancestry test concluded that a very small percentage of my DNA came from Norway.

So it was great to see Thor in all his glory. He'd been nerfed a few times in the movies, especially Age of Ultron. We finally got to see what Prime, Motivated Thor with That Look in his eyes could do. I love me some Iron Man, but Tony hit Thanos with everything in his new Armour, and only managed to open a small cut on his face. Thor buried Storm-Breaker's blade in the Mad Titan's chest. And if he'd aimed for the head, Thor would have won the war there and then.

Thor Odinson was always one of my favourites. Like you, I've been into Norse Mythology for a long time. Hell, a recent DNA ancestry test concluded that a very small percentage of my DNA came from Norway.

So it was great to see Thor in all his glory. He'd been nerfed a few times in the movies, especially Age of Ultron. We finally got to see what Prime, Motivated Thor with That Look in his eyes could do. I love me some Iron Man, but Tony hit Thanos with everything in his new Armour, and only managed to open a small cut on his face. Thor buried Storm-Breaker's blade in the Mad Titan's chest. And if he'd aimed for the head, Thor would have won the war there and then.
Iron Man is another good one, if not only for the way Downey Jr has embodied the character. Haha yeah well I am Scandinavian so I grew up with the stuff, although you don't hear much about it anymore unless you seek it out. We are VERY secular.

Thor with that look in his eye + StormBreaker is gonna crush. Will be interesting to see where they go from here, probably some sort of re-welding of the infinity gauntlet and turning back time or something?
I can't imagine they would just kill off characters + half the universe like that. I hadn't heard anything about the ending so I was quite taken aback!

Iron Man is another good one, if not only for the way Downey Jr has embodied the character. Haha yeah well I am Scandinavian so I grew up with the stuff, although you don't hear much about it anymore unless you seek it out. We are VERY secular.

Thor with that look in his eye + StormBreaker is gonna crush. Will be interesting to see where they go from here, probably some sort of re-welding of the infinity gauntlet and turning back time or something?
I can't imagine they would just kill off characters + half the universe like that. I hadn't heard anything about the ending so I was quite taken aback!

Downey is the Godfather. No RDJ, no MCU:cool:

Yeah, although Norse Mythology does have it's own music: Viking Death Metal!:D

I think some of them will be killed off, "for real". I don't see Loki or Heimdale coming back, RDJ and Evan's contracts are up, so they could go out in a blaze of glory defeating Thanos and using the Stones to reverse the Finger Snap. I think all the Guardians will return, Spiderman and Black Panther already have sequels planned, so no way they stay dead.

I really hope Hemsworth makes it, as he absolutely kills it as Thor:cool:

Downey is the Godfather. No RDJ, no MCU:cool:

Yeah, although Norse Mythology does have it's own music: Viking Death Metal!:D

I think some of them will be killed off, "for real". I don't see Loki or Heimdale coming back, RDJ and Evan's contracts are up, so they could go out in a blaze of glory defeating Thanos and using the Stones to reverse the Finger Snap. I think all the Guardians will return, Spiderman and Black Panther already have sequels planned, so no way they stay dead.

I really hope Hemsworth makes it, as he absolutely kills it as Thor:cool:
Spoiler that stuff if someone hasn't seen it my dude.

Yeah I think you're on to something.
Loki and Heimdale I don't think are coming back either, Evans maybe not either, but RDJ that's hard to call.

Anyway looking forward to what's next! Infinity War blew some fresh air into the franchise. Thanks for the chat, and cool avatar! :)

Spoiler that stuff if someone hasn't seen it my dude.

Yeah I think you're on to something.
Loki and Heimdale I don't think are coming back either, Evans maybe not either, but RDJ that's hard to call.

Anyway looking forward to what's next! Infinity War blew some fresh air into the franchise. Thanks for the chat, and cool avatar! :)

Thanks, bro:)

I would be really surprised if anyone who wants to see the movie hasn't done so by now. I saw it on opening day, something I've never done for any other movie.

I think RDJ wants to go out on top. This would be the perfect way to do it. It's not like he needs the money; I think once bonuses etc were factored in, he made nearly $60 Million just from Civil War:eek: But damn, I'm gonna be sorry to see him go. End of a damn era:(

there was a concept 2 rower thread a few days back which impressed me

im considering buying one in the next few months, hoping for a cardio benefit to supplement bjj

what the fuck does that even mean?

there was a thread about the concept 2 rower few days back, lots of people in there said good things about it and how it helped with their cardio

If you're goal is simply to build or maintain a good level of general cardiovascular fitness, LISS running offers the most bang for your buck. The problem is that it can also take a real toll on your joints, especially knees and ankles.

But if you can run without injuring yourself, then by all means do so. There's a good reason that everyone from pro athletes and fighters to Military units include LISS runs as part of their GPP.

Back