When Did You Start Watching Wrestling?

My earliest memories are mid to late 80s. I vividly remember WrestleMania 3. So I would have been 6 or so. I have a picture when I was a baby sitting on my dad's lap watching WCW.

Early 90s me and my brothers would watch WCW & WWF on tv for dinner.

Saturdays were WCW always.

Cool! What arena did you go to to see the matches? I missed most of that era and my earliest memories of wrestling are of Bruno doing color commentary while Vince did play by play. But I did see Larry Zybyszco attack Bruno with a chair on TV when they were supposed to be having just a friendly match, according to Bruno. He didn't want to hurt his protege, but Larry insisted on the match since he was sick of being in Bruno's shadow. Larry was getting embarrassed in their wrestling match since Bruno was getting the better of him in every exchange, so he got a chair and busted Bruno's head open.

Just watched on TV with my father....he got me into into it for awhile...Superfly Jimmy Snuka was in the next wave...Gotta hand it to Vince , he has been there for as long as I can remember...

Its crazy but as an adult I tend to look more fondly on the villains of my youth. Of course I still like a few babyfaces from back in the day, but I truly appreciate guys like Vader and Rick Rude now a days. It's a shame they don't really get their due until their gone. Nobody worked a guy over in the corner like Vader...nobody.

Sting vs Jack Victory with Mr. Fuji late 80's or early 90's. I snuck out of bed early one saturday morning to watch cartoons and found WCW Power Hour instead. Snuck out of bed every saturday afterwards then went back to bed and faked that I was asleep until my parents said we could get up. Been hooked ever since
Mr Fuji never worked for WCW

giphy.gif

Saturday Night's Main Event when the Mega Powers broke up

late, growing up i never had pay tv in aus to watch it when i was young but i always loved it and watched it at friends houses and stuff. but probs between 15-18 i used to watch it when we got pay tv.

year date wise 2003-2006

late, growing up i never had pay tv in aus to watch it when i was young but i always loved it and watched it at friends houses and stuff. but probs between 15-18 i used to watch it when we got pay tv.

year date wise 2003-2006
Damn... You missed all the good shit.

Born in 1994 and my family used to watch it a lot, so I can't remember. I remember getting put in a lot of sharpshooters, and being chokeslammed and rock bottomed though.

Damn... You missed all the good shit.
Yeah lol. I was happy that I got to see the end of Eddie Guerrero and Benoit’s time. But yeah all the attitude era I was catching bits and pieces when ever I could at friends places.

Around 1982. I was a Hulkamaniac big time. My brothers used to tease me that it was fake but they watched too. Once I discovered NWA and WCCW I was far more into Ric Flair, Larry Zybsko, The Von Erichs. Loved all that shit. Even watched WWF still. Stopped after Ultimate Warrior got big and beat Hogan. Started watching again towards the tail end of the Monday night wars because my younger brothers were way into it. Then got sick of it about a year before Benoit done what he done. Now I'll maybe catch some Japan action at 3AM flipping channels but the American stuff is regurgitated soap opera crap now.

I cant recall

Which comes first ..... earthquake killing damian or shawn throwing marty threw the window ?

Really? It was an little asian guy with a cane. I always assumed it was Fuji.
The only things I can remember Jack Victory doing in WCW was being part of the Original Midnight Express with Paul E Dangerously as the manager, then he was a Russian Assassin but that was under a mask and then he was part of the Royal Family
Is it possible youre mistaking Lord Littlebrook for Mr Fuji? lol
He did carry a cane

wcw.jpg

I cant recall

Which comes first ..... earthquake killing damian or shawn throwing marty threw the window ?
Earthquake squashing Damien was definitely first. That happened late spring of 1991 for sure while Shawn kicking Marty Jannetty was in January of 1992.

PS, the first match I saw was Hogan/Warrior at my cousin's house and it got me hooked. The most memorable Hogan match, to this day, is still Hogan/Slaughter. Hogan has had many more epic matches and even more "memorable" matches but the Hogan/Slaughter match is etched in my brain. When I think of Hogan, I think of Hogan/Slaughter. And by 1992, I was tape trading as an 8 year old lol

Earthquake squashing Damien was definitely first. That happened late spring of 1991 for sure while Shawn kicking Marty Jannetty was in January of 1992.

PS, the first match I saw was Hogan/Warrior at my cousin's house and it got me hooked. The most memorable Hogan match, to this day, is still Hogan/Slaughter. Hogan has had many more epic matches and even more "memorable" matches but the Hogan/Slaughter match is etched in my brain. When I think of Hogan, I think of Hogan/Slaughter. And by 1992, I was tape trading as an 8 year old lol

I remember the match made in heaven and the match made in hell and the mountie going to jail

I wonder if maybe summer slam 91 is where I got hooked. if eq killin the snake is my earliest memory and that was spring 91 I think that lines up

Its like concerts man its been so long and seen so much it all jumbles up

Don't remember when, parents were fans so I just remember it always being on tv.

The only things I can remember Jack Victory doing in WCW was being part of the Original Midnight Express with Paul E Dangerously as the manager, then he was a Russian Assassin but that was under a mask and then he was part of the Royal Family
Is it possible youre mistaking Lord Littlebrook for Mr Fuji? lol
He did carry a cane

wcw.jpg
Cool find. Must have been this. He was Jack O victory in the match I remember so it was 1990. I was 8 years old.

Back