RDX gloves

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I bought my girlfriend some RDX gloves (She just wants to do the box fit classes at her gym not fight for a world title) and out of curiosity I weighed them. The gloves say 10oz and I bought them because I thought they would be small for her and not to big.

The gloves weighed in at 15oz... 5oz heavier than what I had paid for, It does make me wonder if these "Cheap" glove brands just make 15oz gloves and sell them as 16 through to 10oz...

I guess it would keep the costs down.
Produce one glove and sell it as what ever they want LOL

Back when I started I had a pair of RDX gloves which were labelled 10oz but actually about 16oz each. Not even the dirt cheap ones though, these were a £40 pair.

Funnily enough the pair I had before that were a dirt cheap pair of RDX, and were near enough the right weight.

In my experience, RDX makes durable, but off the chart overweight and uncomfortable gloves, would not recommend for beginners, esp female.

In my experience, RDX makes durable, but off the chart overweight and uncomfortable gloves, would not recommend for beginners, esp female.

Hers are quite comfortable, but far overweight.

Just wanted to point out that very rarely will you get boxing gloves that weigh what they are meant to - especially cheaper brands like RDX.

If you want good quality gloves that are exactly what they weigh - you usually have to pay significantly more for them.

When you pay for a glove - cost wise you're paying for the amount of time spent manufacturing the glove & the raw materials.

Cheaper brands will have quicker production turnover - meaning less time put into the glove your buying - less cost - lower price. More likely glove weights are off.

Expensive brands will have lower production turnover - meaning more time put into the glove your buying - more cost - higher price. Less likely glove weights are off.

In your girlfriends case - rdx is ideal even if they have there issues. It's a decent enough glove for beginners.

Just wanted to point out that very rarely will you get boxing gloves that weigh what they are meant to - especially cheaper brands like RDX.

If you want good quality gloves that are exactly what they weigh - you usually have to pay significantly more for them.

When you pay for a glove - cost wise you're paying for the amount of time spent manufacturing the glove & the raw materials.

Cheaper brands will have quicker production turnover - meaning less time put into the glove your buying - less cost - lower price. More likely glove weights are off.

Expensive brands will have lower production turnover - meaning more time put into the glove your buying - more cost - higher price. Less likely glove weights are off.

In your girlfriends case - rdx is ideal even if they have there issues. It's a decent enough glove for beginners.

I know all about that, I've had Cleto Reyes that were 8oz overweight in one glove. Fairtex have been pretty good, Topboxers are near perfect weight, Never owned Winnings or Grant but I assume they would be spot on.

Rdx gloves have rave reviews on Amazon, but when you read them u see that nobody knows what they're talking about. For boxfit they're would be great though.

I really liked RDX when they first came out as Im a big fan of their neoprene competition shinguards. I also have a pair of their thai pads which are my main thai pads, they are not bad, not great, but good enough, maybe a 7 outta 10. I think the rest of their stuff they make sucks, I had some gloves and gave them away. some of their bags and stuff might be ok, but it seems that they have been going cheaper and cheaper quality and targeting the fitness market more. A few of the products are good quality, but most are cheapy.

Back