Alaskan Survival Rifle - What do you pick & Why?

Yeah that would work, I’m not sure anybody makes one though, the closest I’ve seen is the high point carbine in 10mm which would actually be pretty cool because they are cheap, it wouldn’t matter if you smashed it up a bit.

I was at a shop the other day and the clerk told me that the CAA micro RONI adapter was going to be released for the g20/21 pistols at some point, that might be sort of cool. I think for now just a Glock 20 or a Glock 40 would are the best choices.

I think there’s talk of Vector making a 10mm

Kriss Vector 10mm is made. (Glock Mags)
High Point 10mm.
TNW Aero Survival 10mm (Glock Mags)
Mech Tech Carbine Upper (Use a Glock 20 lower and mags)

Kriss Vector 10mm is made. (Glock Mags)
High Point 10mm.
TNW Aero Survival 10mm (Glock Mags)
Mech Tech Carbine Upper (Use a Glock 20 lower and mags)

Damn, shows how much I know about carbines.

Damn, shows how much I know about carbines.

All good. Pistol caliber carbines only recently came back into popularity. Many people hope Ruger listens and sells a version of their new PCC rifle in 10mm. Then you would have a 10mm take down rifle you can store in a back pack that also takes Glock mags.
85BE00DF-82CC-4A31-89F9-73D0E5320C89.jpeg

All good. Pistol caliber carbines only recently came back into popularity. Many people hope Ruger listens and sells a version of their new PCC rifle in 10mm. Then you would have a 10mm take down rifle you can store in a back pack that also takes Glock mags.
View attachment 394905

Ruger seems to be better about listening to customers than pretty much any other big company out there, while Remington loses touch with what people want, ruger actually makes what people want so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 10mm carbine at some point.

@bushman505 @VitorReem

Any guys up there alternating between 12g slugs and shot for their hunting/defense needs? Or is it too heavy?

I was wondering how the various tactical semiautomatic 12’s would fare in the wilds if they can get everything within 100yds.
upload_2018-6-23_13-9-34.jpeg

@bushman505 @VitorReem

Any guys up there alternating between 12g slugs and shot for their hunting/defense needs? Or is it too heavy?

I was wondering how the various tactical semiautomatic 12’s would fare in the wilds if they can get everything within 100yds.
View attachment 397093

Yeah it’s pretty common and probably the best choice for bear protection. I take a shotgun when I’m out camping and fishing.

I’ll take the SCAR17, because I consider a semi-auto in 308 to be about the minimum rifle for bear defense.

Why not just a shotgun, and carry some birdshot, and a few slugs? Now you can kill small and big game.

Holy fuck....

Shooting a small moose with a 9mm, and leaving it to slowly die?

That guy's a legit asshole.

Should have fired the gun in the air to scare it off, or at the very fucking least put a few rounds in his skull to stop its suffering.

Legit asshole.

Back