GSP on Rogan: Nailed it talking on Intermittent fasting

Totally , sadly many have different views on water quantity so I follow my instinct. Also I heard that with water you burn more fat.

Having little social life makes IF easier.
Social life plays a part but doesn’t have to ruin your IF. During my work week I am very strict but if my weekend includes plans with friends then I will loosen things up a bit. I used to be an “all or nothing “ type of person but have worked hard to rid myself of that mindset because it sets you up for failure. There is always wiggle room. IF doesn’t mean you abandon your social life and stop enjoying food and drink. Being strict most of the time makes the times you treat yourself even more enjoyable-at least for me.

Having little social life makes IF easier.

Yes. In fact little social life makes a shit ton of things easier.

But isnt that what life is about?

Honestly, if i get the best physique out of this fasting, what will it net for me? And what it does net, will THAT kill that physique and the discipline?

Yes. In fact little social life makes a shit ton of things easier.

But isnt that what life is about?

Honestly, if i get the best physique out of this fasting, what will it net for me? And what it does net, will THAT kill that physique and the discipline?
Sorry don´t get the meaning of net but sorry if I offended you, I was just getting into IF.

I find that intermittent fasting is very good for keeping the daily calories that you consume per day lower for obvious reasons. But I find that it's very difficult to fit into an athletes lifestyle. Georges is a very high level athlete so he can kind of dictate when his sessions take place and fit them around his diet. So for example, he can go and train from 12oclock-3oclock and then have his eating window from 3oclock-9 o'clock, it fits in pretty easily. However, if Im a 20 year old MMA fighter with 3 fights and I go to college, I can't manage my trainers and sparring partners like Georges can.

I find that intermittent fasting is very good for keeping the daily calories that you consume per day lower for obvious reasons. But I find that it's very difficult to fit into an athletes lifestyle. Georges is a very high level athlete so he can kind of dictate when his sessions take place and fit them around his diet. So for example, he can go and train from 12oclock-3oclock and then have his eating window from 3oclock-9 o'clock, it fits in pretty easily. However, if Im a 20 year old MMA fighter with 3 fights and I go to college, I can't manage my trainers and sparring partners like Georges can.

So true. That makes me wonder: are there other fighters who practice IF? Haven't heard of any so far

Unless I'm heading out for an early morning ride I don't eat until noon, except for my veggie juice (kale, beets, and green apple). Try to eat by 8 to keep it within an 8 or 9hr window - unless I'm traveling fro work.

Agree that IF isn't magic fairy pixie dust, just a pattern of eating.

Here's a quirky thing though. I'm pretty active and do some sort of work out 6 days a week. I got a piriformis injury 14 weeks ago and it totally fucked me up. Not only is it a painful and frustrating injury, I started eating more and higher calorie foods. WTF? That must be some evolutionary biology shit at work ... get injured and don't know when you will be healthy enough to forage/hunt next meal.

In 10wks i think I put on 10 or 11 pounds (the struggle is real 'yo). I'm back to working out now for a couple of weeks and I'm already eating less with fewer portion of carbs.

Unless I'm heading out for an early morning ride I don't eat until noon, except for my veggie juice (kale, beets, and green apple). Try to eat by 8 to keep it within an 8 or 9hr window - unless I'm traveling fro work.

Agree that IF isn't magic fairy pixie dust, just a pattern of eating.

Here's a quirky thing though. I'm pretty active and do some sort of work out 6 days a week. I got a piriformis injury 14 weeks ago and it totally fucked me up. Not only is it a painful and frustrating injury, I started eating more and higher calorie foods. WTF? That must be some evolutionary biology shit at work ... get injured and don't know when you will be healthy enough to forage/hunt next meal.

In 10wks i think I put on 10 or 11 pounds (the struggle is real 'yo). I'm back to working out now for a couple of weeks and I'm already eating less with fewer portion of carbs.

I always eat more when I'm not training. I just do not like to be full or close to full when lifting. Heavy eating days will always be my day off.

IF changed my freaking life!

Just eat dinner at 5:30 pm and don't eat until brekky at 8. Bingo- a 14.5 hour IF window. Old folks been doing it for years.
I do a 24 hour fast., I havent eaten since 2 yesterday, ill eat again at 2 today

Pointed out it makes sense no entity tries to market this method, as the goal is to consume less often.

I came to this conclusion early on after starting to IF: it's a diet, a lifestyle, that avoids the trappings of advertising, marketing, and general corporate greed.....and given how those practices have led the masses to over-consumption and shitty health, the opposite is the truth.

WAR IF

This isn't limited to food.

The Koch brothers actively spend large amounts of money on lobbyists to crush various American cities' attempts to implement or expand public transit.

Public transit can be awesome for the community and to ease traffic congestion, but it means gas is being saved. Can't fucking have that. So they'll lobby and market to kill initiatives and defund potential or existing public transit programs.

The robber barons don't want people consuming less. They want you buying more sugar, more gas, more drugs.

I'm a fan of 16 off and 8 on...basically I don't eat breakfast and instead kind of have a brunch at around noon. Then I'll have a dinner at around 6pm and that's it until my noon "brunch" the next day. I've tried doing 18 off and 6 on but all I could think about was eating so I found myself gorging when I finally hit that 6 hour window of eating and overall it wasn't effective for me.

I also agree that IF seems to be used with a cleaner diet so people get better results indirectly. I've bascially gone Paleo and partially Keto in that I eat almost zero carbs from grains. For me it has absolutely changed my mood and I have 10x the energy I had prior. I've fallen in love with vegetables and since I BBQ/smoke just about all my meat I've found a great balance where I eat a ton of veg with a reasonable amount of meat.

I'm on my third day of 8/16 IF...I'm having migraines. Is this normal? I'm thinking I may not be getting enough calories during my 8 hour window.

Because my 8 hours consists of 1 big meal that's probably around 1000 calories...and then its a shake or two here and there and maybe another small meal.

I've found I'm eating far less if I look at it in daily consumption. This window is in peak work hours too, I might be losing out on eating time.

But yeah...My question...Are migraines normal the first couple days? Is it a transitional thing?

18/6 for me is doable, but not really seeing significant weight loss from not snacking after dinner until lunch.

The Toronto doctor's YouTube interview mentioned the need for salt to stave off dizziness.

I'm doing the 13-hour circadian fast that was mentioned here:
https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/satchin-round-2

I feel decent, but part of it is just simply the fact that it's stopped me from snacking.

My calorie intake has gone down for sure (I skip dinner a lot now), but I feel fine.
I'm not training at the moment (travelling) but I'm wondering how to deal with that.
Normally I'd eat after training (post workout training window and all that).

The problem is that most training happens late at night...I'm thinking that I'd eat late and then have my first meal at maybe 12ish.
I'd normally get home ~10pm, then eat and sleep by ~11ish.

Alternatively I could just skip dinner...and keep everything the same.
I'll have to see how I feel with training without eating beforehand.

I'm a fan of 16 off and 8 on...basically I don't eat breakfast and instead kind of have a brunch at around noon. Then I'll have a dinner at around 6pm and that's it until my noon "brunch" the next day. I've tried doing 18 off and 6 on but all I could think about was eating so I found myself gorging when I finally hit that 6 hour window of eating and overall it wasn't effective for me.

I also agree that IF seems to be used with a cleaner diet so people get better results indirectly. I've bascially gone Paleo and partially Keto in that I eat almost zero carbs from grains.

Up to here in your post, I agree and do the same thing. I don't feel 10x better just from the diet though. I feel good but it's mostly a means to an end. What makes me feel great is regular workouts, sufficient sleep and minimal travel for work.

It’s sounds so easy that most think it’s no problem until they try it and realize they snack constantly. I was never a big overweight guy so I’ve had amazing results with just a 14 hour fast and a 10 hour eating window. I have cut way down on refined sugar and flour too, so I’m sure that has helped.
I think it changes a lot from person to person. Im actually doing 18/6 because I find it more confortable but sometimes it turns into basically 22/2 (basically OMAD right?)

It is really easy for me now at 31 (IDK if age changes something). In fact it is very difficult for me to break my fast. I just dont feel like eating during the day anymore.

Everytime a social event forces me to eat lunch I feel like crap all day.

The other thing that break my fast is bad eating the night before. I just cant fast if I had pizza for dinner.

BTW.. I train everyday and feel better than ever.

Thats why i never bothered trying it. Family dinners, out with friends, dates, etc.

And then you have to couple in certain factora like headaches, working out, caffeine intake if any.

If you have a perfect set schedule then yeah sure, but even if its set, will it always be set?
The good thing is that you dont need to fast 7 days at week. Some say you can get away with most of the benefits doing it 5 times at week. I personally pick 1 day at week when Im not restricted to eat the shit I like and not going crazy. Not that I dont enjoy eating clean but I love some junk food here and there.

Headaches never happened to me. Working out I feel better specially when Im doing Kickboxing and never heard anything about caffeine.... luckly, I fucking love coffee.

Back