WNBA trying to shame folks into watching?

I've never met a dude in real life that openly admits to watching the WNBA. I've asked several friends this over time and I always get the "WTF look".

Really ? I know a few, i'm not murican, so have no real interest in the sport, so I just go out when my wife has her friends over to watch it, and they're all guys.

rgp2e2y.jpg

The country is half women. They need to watch it. Plenty of sports that are watched by 90% guys that are doing fine.

We have a women’s Aussie rules Comp here now, I feel bad for them cause they’re on TV and they suck. Some of them it’s literally their first season at any level. They bought the league into being far too early, driven mainly by corporate responsibility etc

if say, my niece was in the WNBA I'd watch it.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I've never met a dude in real life that openly admits to watching the WNBA. I've asked several friends this over time and I always get the "WTF look".

Ill be that guy. I do watch it on occasion and can honestly say its not very fun to watch, even by basketball standards. But I still support the local team, because fun to watch or not its good for womans sports outside of Tennis to get recognition.

Really ? I know a few, i'm not murican, so have no real interest in the sport, so I just go out when my wife has her friends over to watch it, and they're all guys.

rgp2e2y.jpg

Normally it would be uncomfortable when a bunch of guys come over to watch sports with your wife when you're not home....but if they actually enjoy watching womens' basketball, something tells me they aren't attracted to women hahahahaha

Ironically I was watching womens cricket the other day and my wife wanted the TV, her argument was basically "fuck off it's not even men playing".

You clearly haven't watched women's hockey.

"We're equal. We can do anything the men can do!"

Rule #1 - No body checking because your delicate female bodies can't withstand it.

As sexist as it may sound, it really appears their bodies literally can't withstand it. Seriously look up the concussion statistics for women's hockey. And that's without hitting being "allowed".

I'm shocked the league still exists. The NBA should just pull the plug on it.
If they pull the plug, Minnesota loses all chances of winning a professional sports title.

Ironically I was watching womens cricket the other day and my wife wanted the TV, her argument was basically "fuck off it's not even men playing".
To be fair I'd rather watch WNBA than even mens cricket

I'd rather watch the Women's College Softball tournament than watch most of the WNBA. Although, I'll admit me and my roommate got pretty hype watching the LA Sparks win the title a few years ago. It was a good game. No more, no less.

People are either going to support something or they won't. You can't shame them into liking the WNBA.
Let's be honest though, you watch the college softball tourney cause of the pants and the girls from like FSU and shit.

so
Let's be honest though, you watch the college softball tourney cause of the pants and the girls from like FSU and shit.
ok, here is the difference. you can watch the wnba which is a bunch of incredibly unattractive women playing a sport at a much lower level than you are used to watching (nba). or you can watch softball which has a lot of very attractive college girls being pretty good at a sport we never watch men play.

Women's basketball is like watching basketball in slow motion. I refuse to watch it.

i had a little wager on the new york liberty vs connecticut sun game today so i caught the end of it. this isnt just the women that do it, its all players, but it drives me crazy. the cun player had about an 18 foot jumper for the win. game was tied. but rather than go up a step or two which she easily could have. she steps back to take the three. bitch why do you care if its a 3? game is tied! she missed and they lost

Back