LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
1 armed, nonpowered woman beating the shit out of 4 men
<36>
These Jamaicans are hard to understand

Starting episode 3 right now.. it’s been alright so far.

But then again I’m one of the few that liked Iron Fist..
The biggest problem with Iron Fist is that the worst part of the show is Iron Fist, and they knew it so they made him a secondary character.

Last edited:
Just watched the first episode. Bushmaster is pretty cool, even though he's only in it for about ten minutes. Coalter is very good in the title role. The rest of the cast is meh.

I totally forgot Reg E. Cathy does shortly after filiming this . RIP defiently one of the highlights of the season.

On episode 3 and it's bad...I walk away for 10 or 15 minutes at a time because it just isn't interesting and I've missed nothing of substance.

I'm so far behind on these Marvel series (haven't even finished Iron Fist or watched The Defenders yet) and I'm starting to realize I'm probably not going to catch up. I'm just not overly excited about any of them. I know it's going to be the same template first couple of episodes are compelling and keep you watching, it slows, it meanders, it goes on too long, and ultimately wraps up on episode 13 when it could have been condensed to 10.

Soundtrack is good. It should have used a lot more of Esperanza Spalding.

Soundtrack is definitely great. Surprisingly so. I hate the fact they use SO MANY SONGS as filler, but at least the songs are good.

I hated the first series, but I'm enjoying this one.

Bushmaster is fantastic.

I kind of liked Iron Fist in this.

The choreography is still pretty terrible but has flashes of "not the worst thing I have ever seen", which is an admittedly tiny improvement.

Some of the story elements are better than I had expected, although there is still FAR TOO MUCH FILLER.

The directing is pretty bad, and the camera work is primitive and clumsy. CLOSEUP ON PRINCIPLE MAKING DECISION -- CLOSEUP ON SECONDARY CHARACTER PUSHING FOR ONE CHOICE -- CLOSEUP ON PRINCIPLE WITH INDECISIVE EXPRESSION -- CLOSEUP ON SECONDARY CHARACTER PUSHING FOR DIFFERENT DECISION -- CLOSEUP ON PRINCIPLE WITH DETERMINED EXPRESSION

I hated season one, a lot, and I think it's fair to say I hate season two less. As mentioned, Bushmaster was great.

I'm actually about to watch the last episode now.

Why do people still watch these shows? I gave up on all these Marvel shows after the first episode of season 1 of Luke Cage. Daredevil was great and Punisher was good, the rest suck

Why do people still watch these shows? I gave up on all these Marvel shows after the first episode of season 1 of Luke Cage. Daredevil was great and Punisher was good, the rest suck

....Because you have to actually watch them in order to determine whether or not they're good or not?

With the exception of Iron Fist, there's been things ive enjoyed about the other shows that made them worth watching.
Killgrave was excellent in Jessica Jones, and for the most part, i liked season 2. It doesn't hold a candle to Daredevil, but it wasn't horrible. Luke Cage also has positive aspects that make the show watchable. Despite some of the dumb stories or story themes, i enjoy watching the actor that plays Cage--and season 1, as well as this season have a great villain.

I'd never get through a full season of practically any show if i only gave it 1 episode.
Most of my favorite shows didn't hook me in on the 1st episode...sometimes not even in the 1st SEASON. Stories and characters can take time to build. Actors can take time to get into their roles. Making a judgement on a show based off of just the first episode makes no sense. That's like saying a book sucks after only getting through the first chapter.

Last edited:
Im on episode 8 now .
It has picked up. It's not great, but im not.falling asleep anymore.
The soundtrack really is great though. But they rely on music WAY too much.

....Because you have to actually watch them in order to determine whether or not they're good or not?

With the exception of Iron Fist, there's been things ive enjoyed about the other shows that made them worth watching.
Killgrave was excellent in Jessica Jones, and for the most part, i liked season 2. It doesn't hold a candle to Daredevil, but it wasn't horrible. Luke Cage also has positive aspects that make the show watchable. Despite some of the dumb stories or story themes, i enjoy watching the actor that plays Cage--and season 1, as well as this season have a great villain.

I'd never get through a full season of practically any show if i only gave it 1 episode.
Most of my favorite shows didn't hook me in on the 1st episode...sometimes not even in the 1st SEASON. Stories and characters can take time to build. Actors can take time to get into their roles

I enjoyed season 2 of Luke Cage but it is still over all trying to catch up to the Quality of the 1st half of Season 1 when Cottonmouth was still the main villain, when he no longer appeared the Show suffered greatly Season 1s second half look so much worse that it actually was because of the contrast in Villains.

I enjoyed season 2 of Luke Cage but it is still over all trying to catch up to the Quality of the 1st half of Season 1 when Cottonmouth was still the main villain, when he no longer appeared the Show suffered greatly Season 1s second half look so much worse that it actually was because of the contrast in Villains.
Yeah, it was a huge misstep for them to change villains like that in Season 1. Cottonmouth was so good.
I think this show needs to invest more in interesting side stories/characters. I dont give a shit about thos guy at the barber shop. And the Misty police drama is just not interesting. Shades is just...i don't even know. He just comes across as a weirdo with an erectile dysfunction.

The key thing that made Daredevil great, besides the action, was it had a strong cast and other stories. Kingpin, Stick, and Punisher were excellent. Murdock wouldnt of been able to carry that show on his own. And Cage doesn't have any interesting side characters or stories to play off of, and the show suffers for it
Claire is a good support character, but i would never want episodes that are going into her backstory

Last edited:
Soundtrack is definitely great. Surprisingly so. I hate the fact they use SO MANY SONGS as filler, but at least the songs are good.

I hated the first series, but I'm enjoying this one.

Bushmaster is fantastic.

I kind of liked Iron Fist in this.

The choreography is still pretty terrible but has flashes of "not the worst thing I have ever seen", which is an admittedly tiny improvement.

Some of the story elements are better than I had expected, although there is still FAR TOO MUCH FILLER.

The directing is pretty bad, and the camera work is primitive and clumsy. CLOSEUP ON PRINCIPLE MAKING DECISION -- CLOSEUP ON SECONDARY CHARACTER PUSHING FOR ONE CHOICE -- CLOSEUP ON PRINCIPLE WITH INDECISIVE EXPRESSION -- CLOSEUP ON SECONDARY CHARACTER PUSHING FOR DIFFERENT DECISION -- CLOSEUP ON PRINCIPLE WITH DETERMINED EXPRESSION

I hated season one, a lot, and I think it's fair to say I hate season two less. As mentioned, Bushmaster was great.

I'm actually about to watch the last episode now.
You are much more patient than I am.
I did think Bushmaster was a good villain, but he wasn't written into the plot well enough to hold my interest.
Incredibly boring series, imo. I was hoping Thanos killed them all at the end.

I liked that they brought IF into the story, but I'll never like that guy as Danny, or the way they've written his character. NEVER!

You are much more patient than I am.
I did think Bushmaster was a good villain, but he wasn't written into the plot well enough to hold my interest.
Incredibly boring series, imo. I was hoping Thanos killed them all at the end.

I liked that they brought IF into the story, but I'll never like that guy as Danny, or the way they've written his character. NEVER!

I thought it was really a interesting show

while I posted on Sherdog, cleaned my apartment, messed around with PhotoShop, and cooked my meals for the week.

I haven’t seen this season yet and will catch it when the future inlaws aren’t staying with us anymore. But I feel like all of these series (except for maybe Defenders) should be ten episodes max

I haven't finished the show but I'm on Episode 10 and there doesn't even up being a Power Man and Iron First show, I'm going to be pissed off.

I liked this. The villain was good. Iron Fist made an appearance and didn't suck*. Pacing seemed to be better than in season 1. Bad guys had their backgrounds explored building character to them. Season ended in an interesting situation.

*This is probably the right way to fix Iron Fist, have him make appearances in other shows while tuning his character.

Calling it out now for the next season:
Since Luke is now apparently running things then when the power gets into his head we get appearance by Jessica to knock some sense into him.

I liked the series, but the seasons need to be cut back to 10 episodes max. 8 might be the sweet spot. The villains should only get away one time per season and only if it's necessary for the plot.

The music was the favorite thing from season 1 and I'm glad they focused on this strength for season 2. Made the padding more enjoyable.

Bushmaster and his brethren were awesome. I enjoyed the shit out of all of them. Bushmaster's swagger and move set were a welcomed change to Luke's plodding state of being.

Mariah improved from season 1. Shades was meh until his one shining episode later in season 2. It was Iron Fist's best showing so far. By far.

I'm looking forward to Kingpin Luke Cage possibly going against a Serpent Society with Diamondback suped up after season 1, Bushmaster alive after season 2 and Tilda going all venomous ala Black Mamba/Cooperhead/whatever at the start of season 3

Back