Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

maxresdefault.jpg

• Soundtrack
  • Comic
  • Setting
While playing this game when it first came out I just felt Noir York city like I was living there for a long time. This is in my opinion a Godfather of thriller shooters with some crazy storyline. Big game in its prime, true Hollywood quality production for a game.
Soundtrack its like from those action movies. MP1 and MP2 my favourite games hands down. I hated MP3 for changing dark Noir York atmosphere, scrapping comic but then again it was done by Rockstar.

I will never forgive Remedy selling MP to Rockstar.

the hype for this was insane. All the magazine covers and what not. Came out during the Matrix days and bullet time was the draw. Good times.

the hype for this was insane. All the magazine covers and what not. Came out during the Matrix days and bullet time was the draw. Good times.

I literally was stunned when I saw a trailer on a demo disk(LOL) in a magazine and you could see the details on the gun and bullets

Max Payne 3 is the best one
I always preferred Max Payne 1 and 2. They told their stories in a much more interesting way with the comic book style and dreary, noire vibe and they also did a better job of keeping the story out of the way of the gameplay (Max Payne 3 had far too many cutscenes, many of which were unskippable).

The first one was a little outdated by the time I got around to playing it. MP2 and 3 are both fantastic though.

Loved Max Payne, still have it on Steam.

Great games... I preferred 1 and 2, but 3 was good as well.

Diving backwards down a flight of stairs in bullet time.. unloading your 50 cal into baddies all the while.. stop, and chew on some painkillers.

Good times.

everytime someone mentions max payne i think of the max payne face

aNzL5r6_700b.jpg

The level where you’re running around following the baby crying nearly drove me insane.

I loved 1 and 2 but the way 3 told its story was awesome.

When Tears by Health came on I knew Rockstar were onto something and were gonna start using licensed music in its games from there on. It just fit so well.

Still love the noise of a Mac 10 coming out of bullet time and hearing the shells clink on the floor. MP 1 was a masterpiece in terms of atmosphere and shooting mechanics. It felt so intuitive to dive in a room in bullet time and unleash a magazine in a room full of bad guys 360 degrees.

I love the series, the only thing I think 3 fucks up on is the change from the comic book style story interludes to non-skip-able cut scenes.

Back