Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Very impressed with the Cambodian Sok Thy. I see he fights out of Cambodian top team. Seem to have some good fighters coming out of that gym. Both kickfighters and mma.

Look how clean his combo is at 5:22:

Not necessarily, see Thai Fight. Although I remember Saiyok and Sudsakorn fought in Thai Fight way back when because they were in a tournament, its generally beating up foreigners until retirement. We dont really know how ONE is going to go about things, how many more stadium guys they will sign, etc, but my theory is they will want to build up their names this way and tease MMA transitions that may or may not happen for maximum attention to their product.
Thai fight is Thai - it's in their MO to showcase Thais beating up foreigners.
The difference is that ONE is an international company based in Singapore, so why not let the best fight the best, if they're willing to? (Although ONE owner 'Yod Chatri Sityodtong' might have another vision)

I hope they do anyway, I don't want to just see another show of just Thais beating up foreigners.
What I would love is to have the best fighters possible fighting each other on the biggest international stage...which we've never really seen, even in K1 with the limited # of Thai that could enter.

what a disappoint decision, and petchmorrakot match too, they didnt show the cut or the replay.
what going on here.

3 kickboxing fights on the next card, coming up on THIS FRIDAY:

How good are the kickboxers on this card ?

Sagetdao is also fighting, but in MMA.

3 kickboxing fights on the next card, coming up on THIS FRIDAY:

How good are the kickboxers on this card ?

Sagetdao is also fighting, but in MMA.

Samy SANA have pretty good ''knee'' is also tall but he is not very productive in KB rules, he always search the hard punch. And when he arrived to touched is opponent, the result is regulary for a knockdown.

For Sorgraw i only know him in muay thai rules, i think he will make is debut on KB.For this fight he will go up at 72 Kg habitually he fight at maximum of 70Kg.

Mehdi ZATOUT come back on the ring this friday after more than two years of retirement, he is a technical fighter with good skills on western boxing. Didnt have lot of experience in KB rules, i think few fight but not more.

TUKKATATONG he's also come back from retirement, works actually at evolve in Singapour, dont know his skills on KB rules but let's see.

Dont understand the choice to match up four nakmuay in KB rules but i think we will see good fight.

Sorgraw vs Sana and Sagetdao in MMA will both be fun fights.

Really looking forward to seeing Sagetdao in MMA. Wonder if this event is ring or cage? Maybe they'll roll out the YAMMA Pit for this one or do it in an empty pool. Who the fuck knows with ONE.

I didn't realise it but ONE is actually in the middle of 4 events in 4 weeks.

23/6 Macau SAR, China
29/6 Yangon, Myanmar
7/7 Guangzhou, China
13/7 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guangzhou card:

Again I'm not really familiar with the MT or kickboxing fighters here

Probably their least good kickfighting showing so far.

rooting for kritsada & sagetdao tonight !
<Moves>

Good fights.

Sagetdao won a decision over a Chinese wrestler who won a silver medal at nationals. It was a close fight unlike his previous demolitions. Sana and Sorgraw had a good battle.

had a hard time scoring the Sagetdao fight. looked really one dimensional in his striking, but every kick he threw landed.

Thats bullshit. The fight could have gone either way, decisions should only be reversed when there was a clear winner who didn't get their hand raised.

Damn the Chinese guy looked good but I thought the fight could of gone either way. It wasn't that much of a bad decision that they had to overturn it.

So why didn't they overturn Lerdsila vs Sok Thy? Is it because Sok Thy is Cambodian?

I scored it for the chinese, but weird to just overturn that one fight specifically.

Back