Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy Irons to Lead Cast of HBO and Damon Lindelof's WATCHMEN TV Series

DxDHpn4.jpg

HBO has found its leading man for its highly anticipated take on Watchmen. Oscar and Emmy winner Jeremy Irons has been tapped to topline the pilot from Damon Lindelof (The Leftovers).

While HBO has remained mum on character details for Watchmen, Irons will likely play an aging and imperious lord of a British manor.

Lindelof's take on Alan Moore's beloved comic series is set in an alternate history where "superheroes" are treated as outlaws. Watchmen embraces the nostalgia of the original trailblazing graphic novel while attempting to break ground of its own. Lindelof penned the pilot script and executive produces alongside Tom Spezialy and Nicole Kassell (The Leftovers), the latter of whom will direct the pilot. The project hails from Lindelof's White Rabbit banner and Warner Bros. Television.

Irons joins previously announced Watchmen cast members Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Adelaide Clemens and Andrew Howard.

Irons' credits include his Emmy-winning role in HBO's Elizabeth I, Oscar-winning role in 1990's Reversal of Fortune and Showtime's The Borgias.

'Watchmen': Jeremy Irons to Lead Cast of HBO's Damon Lindelof Pilot
This cast looks superb.
Looking forward to this

Started watching Luke Cage season 2. Couldn't finish the season, even though it's better than post cotton mouth s1, it's still fucking horrible. Starts of good, continues better then at around episode 8 they hit a brick wall. They have 13 episodes to film and have to fill that with shitty filler dialog. I just couldn't stomach another minute of pointless exposition.

SAFE Trailer: Michael C. Hall Returns to Television with New Netflix Series

After his teenage daughter goes missing, widowed surgeon Tom Delaney (Michael C. Hall) begins unearthing dark secrets about the people closest to him. Safe arrives May 10th.

Has anyone given this a try? I love Michael C. Hall but I don't want to waste my time. I'm in desperate need of something to watch.

HALO Live-Action TV Series a Go at Showtime with Kyle Killen

gDnvPMv.jpg

After more than four years sitting in development, a Halo TV series based on the video game franchise has officially been given the green light by Showtime.

The premium cable network announced Thursday that it has picked up 10 episodes of the live-action scripted drama series, with Kyle Killen (Awake) set to serve as exec producer, writer and showrunner. Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will direct multiple episodes of the series and serve as an exec producer.

The drama is produced by Showtime and Microsoft/343 Industries and counts Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television among its producers. Production on Halo will begin in early 2019.

Halo will be executive produced by Killen, Wyatt, Scott Pennington and Amblin TV's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. The series will be distributed globally by Showtime corporate sibling CBS Studios International.

The Halo TV series was first unveiled in 2014, with Xbox Entertainment Studios nearing the deal to develop the take on its wildly popular video game. At the time, the plan called for the series to bow first on Showtime before moving to Xbox consoles. It's unclear if that is still in the cards.

To date, the Halo video game franchise has sold more than 77 million copies worldwide and grossed more than $5 billion in sales. The Showtime series will take place in the same universe that launched in 2001 and will dramatize an epic 26th century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Halo will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future, Showtime said.

For his part, Killen's credits include Lone Star, Mind Games and the feature The Beaver. Wyatt's credits include the upcoming sci-fi feature Captive State, Fox's The Exorcist and Turn.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...v-series-a-go-at-showtime-kyle-killen-1123879

HALO Live-Action TV Series a Go at Showtime with Kyle Killen

gDnvPMv.jpg

After more than four years sitting in development, a Halo TV series based on the video game franchise has officially been given the green light by Showtime.

The premium cable network announced Thursday that it has picked up 10 episodes of the live-action scripted drama series, with Kyle Killen (Awake) set to serve as exec producer, writer and showrunner. Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will direct multiple episodes of the series and serve as an exec producer.

The drama is produced by Showtime and Microsoft/343 Industries and counts Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television among its producers. Production on Halo will begin in early 2019.

Halo will be executive produced by Killen, Wyatt, Scott Pennington and Amblin TV's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. The series will be distributed globally by Showtime corporate sibling CBS Studios International.

The Halo TV series was first unveiled in 2014, with Xbox Entertainment Studios nearing the deal to develop the take on its wildly popular video game. At the time, the plan called for the series to bow first on Showtime before moving to Xbox consoles. It's unclear if that is still in the cards.

To date, the Halo video game franchise has sold more than 77 million copies worldwide and grossed more than $5 billion in sales. The Showtime series will take place in the same universe that launched in 2001 and will dramatize an epic 26th century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Halo will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future, Showtime said.

For his part, Killen's credits include Lone Star, Mind Games and the feature The Beaver. Wyatt's credits include the upcoming sci-fi feature Captive State, Fox's The Exorcist and Turn.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...v-series-a-go-at-showtime-kyle-killen-1123879
Dunno how I feel about this....

It probably should have been made 10 years ago.

Has anyone given this a try? I love Michael C. Hall but I don't want to waste my time. I'm in desperate need of something to watch.
Im on episode 5 right now.
I'm enjoying it. I think it's worth a watch, especially if you're just looking for something to watch to pass the time. I wouldnt say it is MUST-SEE TV, but it's better than average so far.

Anyone watch Seven Seconds?

Jesus. You really gotta sit down and watch this show. No casual watching on this one. It's quite an emotional show, and it felt 'real'...not something super hammed up just to pull at the heart strings. It was just a sad story that i could see happening.
Regina King is great as the grieving mother. I think she's a really underrated actress.

I'm curious why a shitty show like Lucifer gets picked up by Netflix, while an awesome show like Hannibal doesn't.

I really enjoy Lucifer?

So new episodes will move to Netflix or just the old ones?

Haven’t found the info in the thread yet.

Jay Hernandez is no Tom Selleck. Beyond the offical 5’9” aka really 5’7” frame and baby face. I don’t remember him ever doing an action scene or being a ladies man in any other role.

Are they planning to use Hawaii 5-0 to back-up door pilot the show or does CBS just have a hard-on for retired SEALs in Hawaii?
he was a ladies man in bad moms but I agree that this is bad casting. if they wanted to go the Latino actor route there are a lot more actors that could have been closer to a tom selleck.

I couldn't even finish this current season of unbreakable kimmy Schmidt I think I watched 3 episodes it dropped off in quality by a lot seems like the writers and tina fey didn't care as much anymore she seems busy with other things. the old lady I forget her characters name was also really annoying this season.

I've yet to watch the 3rd season but wow. Cancelling Dark Matter was one thing but this is next level stupid.

Fuck Syfy.
I don't think syfy is good at supporting it's shows HAPPY! should have been a huge show for them and promoted way more.

Shooter season 3 is out (by 1 episode)

@Dragonlordxxxxx

you watched it yet?

i'm in the middle of a few series so going to wait till it's finished but last season was disappointing
though i loved the first season
they need to take the character and move the series into some of the adventures in the other books

Super butthurt that Taken got cancelled, season 2 was fun and rebooting the team made the show enjoyable. They had some good action scenes for a tv show and Clive Standen did a nice job as Mills.

List of shows I either need to catch up on or plan to start watching

Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Blackish
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Fresh Off The Boat
12 Monkeys
The Expanse
The Affair
Insecure
The Chi
Lucifer
Billions
Into The Badlands
Agents of Shield
Legion
Preacher
Westworld

FUCK MY LIFE!

12 Monkeys series finale tonight.

Lucifer on Netflix now?

Damn boy, Hopefully they go darker and increase the budget

Slowly catching up on the regular shows that I missed.

GLOW season 2 was great. Funny, superb writing and a great cast of characters and performances. Marc Maron is a natural fit to play Stan Lee in a biopic.

LUKE CAGE season 2 - Finished episode one. Draaaaging. Kept on fast forwarding a lot of stuff. I'll probably still watch the rest of the episodes but I'm just going to fast forward and skip a lot of the dull crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back