Why am I so weak

I'm starting to be a proponent of sub maximal training, so never sore and more volume over time.

Also training each lift as an accessory on other main lift days, at lower weight higher volume.

Can't stress working out the right accessory lifts also. Shit makes a life or death difference. Oh and plus one for the calorific surplus.
I am 100% with you on that. Daily FBW or even plain calisthenics feels much better than the common bro split. No DOMS, always fresh, no mental pressure of missing a training day (since I can always do calisthenics at home if I can't hit the gym on a given day). At 31 I am in the best shape of my life - despite the slipped disc and knee issues!

More volume over time is the way to go IMO. Fitness is a marathon, not a sprint - you have to stay disciplined and persevere. Cheers and good health to all of you!

PS. @Pugilistic I weigh the same as you and your lifts are better than mine. They seem pretty good to me. Don't compare yourself to others anyway, I never do since half my of gym is on roids. :p

Last edited:
Most recently, I was doing everything twice as week. But I am going to try madcow. I enjoy squatting so I think I'll like it.

I ran something that worked very well for my squat. Just going to throw this out there. I ran this and it took me from 335 lbs to 485 lbs on squats. The volume and intensity are both there. I was basically hitting 10 lbs PRs anytime that I decided to test my 1RM.

Week 1
Day 1: Volume, Higher rep (something like 5x5 or 3 sets of 8)
Day 2: Top set, low rep (work up to something in the 1-3 rep range)

Week 2
Day 1: Volume, Low Rep (something like 8 singles, 5 sets of 2, etc.)
Day 2: Top set, high rep (work up to something in the 8-20 rep range)

Basically, just either increase weight or volume. For example, if I did something like 405 lbs for 6 singles, the next day that called for singles I'd maybe do something like 395 lbs for 10 singles if I felt like doing a ton of volume or I'd do something like 415 lbs for 6 singles. Every workout had progression based on how I felt - volume or weight.

Okay that makes more sense. because I was like then how are these 52kg women lifting so much weight. I need to look more into the nutrition side of things
well you were a pro fisticuffer so I don’t gutting out a 12 week program will be beyond you but if you get the nutrition right it will make the later phases of the madcow cycle much easier and recovery better.
With madcow I think you have 3-4 weeks loading and the. You are right into the grind of it of adding weights to volume sets which can be hard if you aren’t getting the fuel you need especially when you are in the 7th, 8th week.
Nutrition my friend

Have you tried adding more weight to your sets?
That would require a re-calibration of your food intake as well.
I don't know. More weight+more macros generally = more strength.
I would also try changing up your routine, stress different areas and so on.

Stop doing cable cross anything.

do a dirty bulk, get some 5 inch shoe lifts, a cod piece, and some ole skool gear like deca or bull semen

Watch your confidence, gains, and overall feeling of well being soar.

Pm me my thanks later

Have you tried adding more weight to your sets?
That would require a re-calibration of your food intake as well.
I don't know. More weight+more macros generally = more strength.
I would also try changing up your routine, stress different areas and so on.
I always try to add more weight on each cycle of a program. I was on starting strength for awhile where I tried to add weight every week (or every session if possible) but I just couldn't progress anymore at a certain point, hence my trying out other programs. I was doing more assistance work but I'm still trying to figure out which exercises aid my main lifts more.

Stop doing cable cross anything.

do a dirty bulk, get some 5 inch shoe lifts, a cod piece, and some ole skool gear like deca or bull semen

Watch your confidence, gains, and overall feeling of well being soar.

Pm me my thanks later
Never did cable cross workouts and not into drinking semen.

I always try to add more weight on each cycle of a program. I was on starting strength for awhile where I tried to add weight every week (or every session if possible) but I just couldn't progress anymore at a certain point, hence my trying out other programs. I was doing more assistance work but I'm still trying to figure out which exercises aid my main lifts more.

Sounds like you're doing all the right things, so I'm stumped.
Good luck, man.

There is some good data in this article, I'm not sure how much of it you've tried already, but here it is:

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/expert-guides/strength

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back