CA Weapons and Tactics training meet up

Protectandserve

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Ok anyone in CA area or neighboring areas interested in a meet up at a training event?

I just registered for Battleline Tactical's 2 Day Carbine and Pistol Course. Its hosted at Lytle Creek in the San Bernardino area. Course dates are September 2nd and 3rd. Saturday the 1st there is a meet and greet and fun shoot but I am not signed up for that yet, may or may not depending on work.

Here is the link to the course:
http://www.kristantoparonto.com/battleline_tactical_two_day_combative_tactical_pistol_carbine_course

If you are not familiar with the company it is run by Boon and Tanto. Boon and Tanto are veterans of the Benghazi Incident made famous by the book and movie 13 Hours Benghazi.

So if anyone wants to sign up, I will see you there. If not, I'll post a course review right up and hopefully some pictures.

Ok anyone in CA area or neighboring areas interested in a meet up at a training event?

I just registered for Battleline Tactical's 2 Day Carbine and Pistol Course. Its hosted at Lytle Creek in the San Bernardino area. Course dates are September 2nd and 3rd. Saturday the 1st there is a meet and greet and fun shoot but I am not signed up for that yet, may or may not depending on work.

Here is the link to the course:
http://www.kristantoparonto.com/battleline_tactical_two_day_combative_tactical_pistol_carbine_course

If you are not familiar with the company it is run by Boon and Tanto. Boon and Tanto are veterans of the Benghazi Incident made famous by the book and movie 13 Hours Benghazi.

So if anyone wants to sign up, I will see you there. If not, I'll post a course review right up and hopefully some pictures.

How are carbine classes over there with those laws?

How are carbine classes over there with those laws?
No idea. Was trying to figure that myself. I'm going to bring a department AR from our armory.

That way it's not neutered, I can use 30 rounders and train with the Trijicon that is on our patrol rifles.

sounds like a setup. Gonna be confiscating some freedom eh? lol

sounds like a setup. Gonna be confiscating some freedom eh? lol
I had to register my AR yesterday. Felt unAmerican as fuck doing it. This state sucks.

I sure as shit will not be enforcing that law.

Gonna do the Sheepdog Reaponse course in November in Vegas too but they haven't announced the date or time yet. Just a TBD sometime in Nov.

So we can all meet up in a free state maybe.

That looks really cool; unfortunately, I'd have to invest quite a bit of money just to get the minimum hardware requirements.

I had to register my AR yesterday. Felt unAmerican as fuck doing it. This state sucks.
I sure as shit will not be enforcing that law.
Gonna do the Sheepdog Reaponse course in November in Vegas too but they haven't announced the date or time yet. Just a TBD sometime in Nov.
So we can all meet up in a free state maybe.

Ugh. I'm keeping my upper and lower separate until I decide which way to go. Some of those fixed magazine options mentioned in other threads here look appealing.

Also just signed up for the Sheepdog Response class in January in Las Vegas and the BJJ seminar.

Looking forward to both Battlelone Tactical and the Sheepdog Response class. Gonna get a lot of carbine time in.

Fuck. Just got notified class was canceled due to CA strict gun laws.

I hate this fucking state...

Fuck. Just got notified class was canceled due to CA strict gun laws.

I hate this fucking state...

Lol not surprising. I didn't see how they would have one anyway.

"Ok, we are going to do 5 controlled pairs on these targets, then do a tac reload. To do this, quickly push the rear take down pin..."

Lol not surprising. I didn't see how they would have one anyway.

"Ok, we are going to do 5 controlled pairs on these targets, then do a tac reload. To do this, quickly push the rear take down pin..."
Yeah. Still bummed. Especially cause now I gotta work patrol instead of going to shoot with Boon and Tanto.

Shit part is now I have to go to fucking work instead on Sunday...

May just burn time and take a vacation day, sit home drink a beer and watch 13 hours instead...

Bummer.

I got six more years till retirement. Feel like I'm serving time, counting the days.

At least you nice weather?

Yeah it has mellowed out from the heat wave and it's nice and comfortable now at work.

Sunday here in hell, I mean Texas, was zeroing my 3006 and it was 103. The mirage was so bad that at 100 yards I couldn't see 30cal bullet holes with my scope on 18X. Everything was just a boil, and though I got quarter sized 5 shot groups, nothing touched, and it used the entire quarter. Felt like I had to gasp for air a couple times, shooting prone in the weeds. Ground felt 10 degrees hotter.
I don't know how the bugs keep from exploding round here sometimes!

Back