Bellator 201 Macfarlane vs Lara

R2: Williams (it can easily go either way, but I liked what I saw out of Williams just a tad more)

zZzZz

Valerie went with her veteran tactics and got a take down in R3 and is just laying and praying to win the round.

Congrats on your Valerie bets, fellas.

29-28 Val imo.

Val 29-28 at worst, maybe even 30-27 if she got round 2

Triangle was there for Williams but she didn't know it.

Letournau takes it 2-1

Hoping for a robbery

Easy W for Val. She has a way better ground game and even her stand up is better. Williams backers had no chance.

Easy W for Val. She has a way better ground game and even her stand up is better. Williams backers had no chance.
Didnt get to watch but sounds significantly closer than youre making it sound?

I am not sure why the ref stood them up. Letourneau definitely won the first and third rounds.

Meh. There was really no question about rds 1 and 3. All the judges gave Williams rd 2, but that was the only close round of the fight. Val pretty clearly won.

I don't consider two dominant rounds for Valerie where she also dropped her and a close round is a significantly close fight. There was zero way to score it for Williams.

Definitely not an easy win for Letourneau. She took the fight down in R3 and didn't do shit on top, but knew how to stay on top long enough to win the round.

All three judges scored it 29-28 for Letourneau.

Too bad Williams couldn't stop the take downs in R1 and R3, which decided the fight.

Edit: Williams couldn't stop the take down, and wasn't able to get up once taken down, is what I meant.

I don't consider two dominant rounds for Valerie where she also dropped her and a close round is a significantly close fight. There was zero way to score it for Williams.
I'd say it was a competitive fight, but not very close the way it played out since Williams had a chance to win until getting taken down in the 3rd. It definitely wasn't a close matchup to the extent that you could see 2 rounds go to Williams. She clearly lost.

late to post but i'm on valerie and an Awad/Archuleta/MacFarlane parlay

Williams probably wins if Letournau doesn't take her down in the third. She also had a triange right in front of her in the last 15 seconds but didn't realize it. She locks that in and she might even win the round even if Letournau barely survives

If that was caged muay thai rules fight Kristina would have had a much better chance to catch Valerie and hurt her or win a decision on volume. But it wasn't, it was an MMA fight, so she had very little chance with no takedown defense and no ability to get up or assert any offense off her back against someone with Valerie's experience. I will bet Williams again in the right matchups however.

Baby Couture needs to hang up his gloves.

I get that he wants to follow in his dad's footsteps, but he just isn't good in any one area of MMA.

awad -145 itd was a gift... should have put more on it.

now i just need balart to hit.

Back