International US/Israel v. Iran

Will we go to war with Iran this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...late comer to the party.

I do not see Iran as a threat in the Middle East. Iran is Persian, not Arab. Even with a nuclear bomb, which I'm sure they have by now, I don't see them starting any trouble in that part of the world. What would they have to gain? Yeah, they talk a lot of shit, but in the end they are all bark and no bite. Just like North Korea. Both countries know they would be 'vaporized' off the map if they launched one single nuke at anyone.

If extremely backwards and 'dumb' countries like North Korea and Pakistan can achieve the know how for an atom bomb (not a thermonuclear weapon), so can Iran. They've had years now to turn Uranium-238 into Uranium-235 in their centrifugates for an atom bomb. Small and rudimentary, maybe 5 kilotons of explosive power. The Hiroshima bomb was about 15 kilotons.

"These people never learn..."

there are some benefits for Russia and china if Iran is regime changed. Russia gets to rebuild the new secular iran as iranians some will be thankful to US but most would probably prefer to deal with EU and russia since those parties have been more helpful to Iranians even when most iranians did not like their elected government while the US has been destabilizing. Russia also would have strong case against US in world stage because people would know that the US cannot be trusted on it word. meaning Russia can rebuild the soviet sphere of stability and expand Eurasian union and include Iran in it along with all other soviet states except ukraine and baltics but ukraine may eventually join since they not likely to join EU anytime soon or UK will fracture along lingustic lines. China would be in better position. Kurdistan would likely get created, Israel would be safer from taking out its biggest threats and maybe more territory. The US would have harmed its image globally in terms of diplomacy but given how powerful the US is you guys will still have strong power and ability i think to bounce back.

Basically the biggest winners would be china and russia i think and israel if it means they can defeat hezbollah and get the whole west bank. the world become more multipolar which i think is inevitable. That why i dont see the Iran thing as end of world scenario. It has potential to really benefit China and Russia and even India. I think for the foreseeable future though the US will have latin america on lock.

If we see aggressive regime change in Iran its going to be via US invasion and surely in that position absolutely all possible effort will be put forth to limit any Russian or Chinese influence potentially drawing the former and maybe the latter into the conflict either directly or indirectly.

Iraq had the benefit that it was somewhat more neutral ground having previously been US allied in the cold war which limited the potential for Russian intervention.

If we see aggressive regime change in Iran its going to be via US invasion and surely in that position absolutely all possible effort will be put forth to limit any Russian or Chinese influence potentially drawing the former and maybe the latter into the conflict either directly or indirectly.

Iraq had the benefit that it was somewhat more neutral ground having previously been US allied in the cold war which limited the potential for Russian intervention.

you never know deals can be made. If the US wants to start ww3 and attack Russia and china then by all means go ahead but that not good. It possible in return for recognize crimea, and sanction relief Russia could give the okay in secret and give high value information to US and let US regime change Iran and bomb it and destroy it military. Doing that then weakens syria and lebanon and yemen meaning Israel is safe for now, yemen will fall to saudis, syria will be partioned to kurds, maybe some parts near golan to israel. Turkey will get some territory and Russia will likely carve out an alawite state and keep it port.

I just cannot see the US doing another iraq that war was so globaly disliked and it seems most americans now dont ever want to nation build again. Even if you guys rig presidential election to key pro war presidents in power i dont think you can stop all other areas of the society against it.

Depends on what Israel wants. Americans are their dogs so they will do what they say.

This goes on all over the Western world

Aren't you so glad you fought the Germans for freedom? LOL

President Donald Trump has asked Saudi Arabia's king to increase oil production to make up for a shortfall from Iran and Venezuela.
In a tweet on Saturday, Trump said King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud had agreed to his request to boost production by "maybe up to 2,000,000 barrels."

"Just spoke to King Salman of Saudi Arabia and explained to him that, because of the turmoil & disfunction in Iran and Venezuela, I am asking that Saudi Arabia increase oil production, maybe up to 2,000,000 barrels, to make up the difference...Prices to high! He has agreed!" the tweet read.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/30/news/trump-saudi-oil/index.html

VILLEPINTE, France (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will suffocate Iran’s “dictatorial ayatollahs”, his close ally Rudy Giuliani said on Saturday, suggesting his move to re-impose sanctions was aimed squarely at regime change.

The former New York mayor who is now Trump’s personal lawyer, was addressing a conference of the Paris-based National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), an umbrella bloc of opposition groups in exile that seek an end to Shi’ite Muslim clerical rule in Iran.

“I can’t speak for the president, but it sure sounds like he doesn’t think there is much of a chance of a change in behavior unless there is a change in people and philosophy,” Giuliani told Reuters in an interview.

“We are the strongest economy in the world ... and if we cut you off then you collapse,” he said, pointing to protests in Iran. In May, Trump withdrew the United States from a 2015 international deal to curb Tehran’s nuclear program in exchange for lifting some sanctions.

Trump supporters have spoken at NCRI events in the past, including national security adviser John Bolton, who, before taking his post at the same conference last July, told the group’s members they would be ruling Iran before 2019 and their goal should be regime change.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...d-is-near-for-irans-rulers-idUSKBN1JQ0PA?il=0

WASHINGTON/ANKARA (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump told Iran it risked dire consequences “the like of which few throughout history have suffered before” if the Islamic Republic made more threats against the United States.

His words, spelled out in capital letters in a late night Twitter message, came hours after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani told Trump that hostile policies toward Tehran could lead to “the mother of all wars.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...aten-u-s-or-suffer-consequences-idUSKBN1KD0GK

(Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo launched a rhetorical assault on Iran’s leaders on Sunday, comparing them to a “mafia” and promising unspecified backing for Iranians unhappy with their government.

Pompeo, in a California speech to a largely Iranian-American audience, dismissed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, who negotiated a nuclear deal with the United States and five other countries, as “merely polished front men for the ayatollahs’ international con artistry.”

U.S. President Donald Trump withdrew in May from the 2015 nuclear accord designed to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Tehran has said its nuclear work is just for electricity generation and other peaceful projects.

Iran “is run by something that resembles the mafia more than a government,” Pompeo said, citing what he called Iranian leaders’ vast wealth and corruption.

Pompeo’s speech was the latest step in a communications offensive launched by the Trump administration that is meant to foment unrest in Iran and help pressure its government to end its nuclear program and support of militant groups, U.S. officials familiar with the matter said.

The offensive is meant to work in concert with severe economic sanctions that Washington plans to reimpose in the coming months, including on Tehran’s oil exports, its principal revenue generator.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-leaders-compares-them-to-mafia-idUSKBN1KD049

IRan is the Meca of financing and aiding Global Terrorism, and they are going full steam on the bomb.
Israel is monitoring them closely and now with Trump ,in charge ,action will be occur.
I dont know when. It wont be this year but most likely 2019 or 2020.

Odemon gave Iran the best deal in history and Trump knows the danger of Iran. Israel and Saudis are close friends behind the scenes on this. IRan is going to feel thunder soon and I just hope no innocent people are killed but it must happen for the sake of the World.

The persian are good people and they need to be FREE of the Mullahs.
Israel and IRAN were good friends before the Mullahs took over

IRan is the Meca of financing and aiding Global Terrorism, and they are going full steam on the bomb.
Israel is monitoring them closely and now with Trump ,in charge ,action will be occur.

Odemon gave Iran the best deal in history and Trump knows the danger of Iran. Israel and Saudis are close friends behind the scenes on this. IRan is going to feel thunder soon and I just hope no innocent people are killed but it must happen for the sake of the World.

Whatever JIDF.

Holy stupid

Facts are facts and you are not talking to one of your friends at Starbucks while you both sip on your Vanilla Lattes !!!
Iran leaders are as dangerous as any on the planet and they cannot ever have the bomb

I am not anti this or anti that.

Just stating my observations

If USA is the dog of ISRAEL then why has Iranian nuclear sites not be hit , yet.

Your argument is flawed and based on "knee Jerk reaction "

Back