Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for this. I wish they would make a RE4 remaster/remake though. RE4 was the goat of goats for me.

Didn't realize this was going to be a real remake. Can't wait for this one.

I can't wait for this. I wish they would make a RE4 remaster/remake though. RE4 was the goat of goats for me.
RE4 still looks and plays fine. Would seem pretty unnecessary imo.

3 and CV would be my choices.

I'm surprised they haven't ported RE4 to Switch yet.

Man, I remember when RE2 was THE game everyone was talking about and wanting to play. I recall playing the shit out of the demo and couldn’t wait for the full game to be out. A game that totally lived up to the hype and then some.

HD version works just fine, in all honesty.

I want a 3 and CV remake. I know many hate remakes, but I would love a complete old-school RE series overhaul.

HD version works just fine, in all honesty.

I want a 3 and CV remake. I know many hate remakes, but I would love a complete old-school RE series overhaul.
RE4 still looks and plays fine. Would seem pretty unnecessary imo.

3 and CV would be my choices.
I didn't even realize that a HD remaster was released.. well, there goes another 20 dollars..

Bro 4/5/6 pack is on sale on ps4 or individually, hd remasters. RE4 is so amazing. Like its so good.

I know people clown on 6, but its a great action game.

I remember when I first started playing RE2 on N64. Literally right at the beginning of the game, I couldn't figure out the tank controls, so I was treated to footage of flaming moaning zombies munching ma brainz from behind. I was so traumatized that I turned it off and buried my face in the pillow for a few minutes. I didn't try to play again until a few weeks later.

I'm not as excited as I thought I would be because I thought this was getting more of an RE Remake treatment instead of 3rd person RE7. I'll still pay full price though.

I'm replaying the original in HD using the Dolphin emulator (GC version) with a UI and Background texture mod. It looks really, really good. It makes me wish they would have kept the old style of the game. I can help setting this up to anyone interested.

Screenshots...

GQbj6rF.png

RKHLsDn.png

8Sy6paz.png

oeaTYPT.png

jDNSB8Q.png

pQUWGzi.png

xGCqdYR.png

OpAbVYY.png

da9Gy99.png

Bro 4/5/6 pack is on sale on ps4 or individually, hd remasters. RE4 is so amazing. Like its so good.

I know people clown on 6, but its a great action game.

I actually think RE5 is the most underrated in the series. RE6 was ok but imo was actually a step backward in many regards.

RE5 had the best inventory management, a single shared weapons cache, insane graphics (better than 6 imo), and Wesker. I've actually logged more hours on 5 than I have on 4 and 6 combined.

I didn't even realize that a HD remaster was released.. well, there goes another 20 dollars..
It's been out since 2013. There's also an HD texture pack mod for the PC version.

Edit: The PC version is on sale for $5 right now through July 5:

I'm not as excited as I thought I would be because I thought this was getting more of an RE Remake treatment instead of 3rd person RE7. I'll still pay full price though.

I'm replaying the original in HD using the Dolphin emulator (GC version) with a UI and Background texture mod. It looks really, really good. It makes me wish they would have kept the old style of the game. I can help setting this up to anyone interested.

Screenshots...

GQbj6rF.png

RKHLsDn.png

8Sy6paz.png

oeaTYPT.png

jDNSB8Q.png

pQUWGzi.png

xGCqdYR.png

OpAbVYY.png

da9Gy99.png
What does it change exactly? I've been playing it on Dolphin for years with AA and AF cranked up.
Those are a lot of saves too. :eek:

What does it change exactly? I've been playing it on Dolphin for years with AA and AF cranked up.
Those are a lot of saves too. :eek:

One mod improves the UI, as you see in the first screen. So mainly better fonts, menus, and character avatars. Another one scales up the backgrounds 2x making them much clearer. It's about 3GB in size.

If your screens look as clear as mine than I wouldn't change anything.

I actually think RE5 is the most underrated in the series. RE6 was ok but imo was actually a step backward in many regards.

RE5 had the best inventory management, a single shared weapons cache, insane graphics (better than 6 imo), and Wesker. I've actually logged more hours on 5 than I have on 4 and 6 combined.

I think RE4 gets all the praise and its still underrated, thats how good it is.

One mod improves the UI, as you see in the first screen. So mainly better fonts, menus, and character avatars. Another one scales up the backgrounds 2x making them much clearer. It's about 3GB in size.

If your screens look as clear as mine than I wouldn't change anything.
How much RAM do you have?

FYI, if you are a huge RE4 fan, another big release for the graphics overhaul is set for July 13th. I followed these guy are almost 4 years now and it's damn impressive that they kept up with these texture updates. The first release was literally over 3 years ago and I made a thread about it then.

This latest release updates the Undergound Labs and Island levels but also improves things across the board like lighting, cutscenes, and also mercs and Ada's chapters. As of now, you can download the Village and Castle releases.

FYI, if you are a huge RE4 fan, another big release for the graphics overhaul is set for July 13th. I followed these guy are almost 4 years now and it's damn impressive that they kept up with these texture updates. The first release was literally over 3 years ago and I made a thread about it then.

This latest release updates the Undergound Labs and Island levels but also improves things across the board like lighting, cutscenes, and also mercs and Ada's chapters. As of now, you can download the Village and Castle releases.

That looks gorgeous, is Capcom onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back