Recent fights/results/news from China

Of course they won't fight each other. It does not make sense moneywise.

And Yodwicha continues fighting cans. Biggest waste of his prime.
I wouldn't say he's only fighting cans but hes definitely fighting guys that are no where near his level. In these EmLegend cards tho he fights under kickboxing rules so I think he is gradually working his way up to better competition. Like an amateur boxer with over 200 amateur fights and decides to turn pro. They start off by fighting cans for the first 15 fights or so before they jump up in competition.

So in kickboxing I get it but he has no business fighting in TopKing.

Yodsanklai and Yodwicha on the same card but let me guess. They're not fighting each other??

I think the only time we've seen high profile international Thai's fight each other was Sittichai vs Superbon. Only other fight I can think is Yod vs Khem but the fight took place in Thailand. In recent times at least.

Yuan Bing(that dude who gave buakaw a very hard fight in 2015) is on the card, i hope he fights against Yodwicha-Yod

I think the only time we've seen high profile international Thai's fight each other was Sittichai vs Superbon. Only other fight I can think is Yod vs Khem but the fight took place in Thailand. In recent times at least.
Yodsanklai vs Lamsongkram & Anuwat vs Sittichai & Kaew vs Jomthong

Of course they won't fight each other. It does not make sense moneywise.

Not saying you're wrong, but could you explain? Would both of them demand too much money to fight the other because of the risk?

Yodsanklai vs Lamsongkram & Anuwat vs Sittichai & Kaew vs Jomthong
Lam fight I guess but there wasn't any hype. Sittichai fought Anuwat while still being a stadium guy he wasn't an international star 8 years ago. Same thing with Kaew he hadn't gone full blown international yet when he fought Jomthong.

Once Thais dedicate to fighting foreigners they very rarely if ever fight other Thais doing the same.

Not saying you're wrong, but could you explain? Would both of them demand too much money to fight the other because of the risk?
If you are casual Chinese fans, would you watch Chinese vs Thai or Thai vs Thai?
It is all about TV ratings, and neither Yod nor Yodwicha is an established name in China.

So the Kunlun Final 16 should be on Aug 5. Means Grigorian isn't going to be there.

9 names who should be in:
Nagbe
Drai
Moiseev
Larsen
Tuinov
Toutouh
Feng Xingli
Zuev
Superbon

Pashporin is fighting on the event, could also be in a reserve fight or a superfight who knows. For a while it has seemed like they've had trouble locking down great final picks though so I'd assume Pashporin is getting a straight spot in the tournament.

Other names that have been rumoured Ristie, Yodwicha, RvR...
Yodwicha/RvR (+Yodsanklai) have fights elsewhere 1&2 weeks before the Kunlun date so those would seem risky and unlikely even before thinking about any contract issues :)

From past usuals even Jomthong is in that Wu Lin Feng tournament and definitely busy unless they somehow manage to snatch him away from it completely.

Interesting to see who they end up getting in there. The field so far isn't what they'd like it to be and prior years they have figured out some nice names when they've needed them.

Even Petrosyan and Allazov are fighting in 10 days, but after that at least they'd have 3 weeks to that Kunlun date so maybe if they're not too hurt afterwards one of them could be in? :D

Kiria I would think is in.
Maybe someone like Ozcan?

Not looking too bad of a tournament
IF Grigorian really gets there
and
Superbon, Moiseev, Larsen, Ben Moh, Drai, Nagbe

Then you'll probably also have:
Kiria, Zuev, Mezouari, Kuliaba, Manhoef, Kulebin, Toutouh, Ayman, Jomthong since he seems to be un-retiring?
Maybe Pashporin and Dzhaniev? Yod?

Last years quarterfinalist Cimesa already out by losing to Drai.

My current thoughts on what the Final 16 will look like.

Past champs who are in at least unless some contractual bs
Grigorian
Superbon
Zuev

Nagbe (qualified)
Drai (qualified)

In the next qualifier tournaments and likely to win
Moiseev/Ben Moh
Larsen/Noppakaw (?)
Tuinov/Baitar
Ayman/Toutouh

Perhaps likely kind of names in the remaining qualifier tournaments and who could be capable of winning them, 2 out of this pool
Kuliaba/Pashporin/Kulebin/Dzhaniev

Then 5 picked by Kunlun, likely kind of names
Kiria (basically a lock)
Ristie/Gogokhia/Buakaw/Petrosyan (these maybe not all so likely but a mystery pick who's somehow notable enough to be teased. My money on Ristie at this point)
Yod (unless he's in Wu Lin Feng?)
Jomthong (probably in if he wants to)
Mezouari/Manhoef (or maybe one/both of them still have to fight a qualifier tournament?)

So realistically even a Final 16 of:
Grigorian
Superbon
Zuev
Nagbe
Drai
Moiseev
Larsen
Tuinov
Ayman/Toutouh
Kulebin
Kuliaba
Kiria
Ristie
Yod
Jomthong
Mezouari/Manhoef

Some of my thinking from earlier in the year gone to shit for various reasons :p
Hope they still manage to make it a nice Final 16 but definitely not gone exactly how they or I thought earlier on :|

Last edited:
9 names who should be in:
Nagbe
Drai
Moiseev
Larsen
Tuinov
Toutouh
Feng Xingli
Zuev
Superbon
Would like to see how Tuinov does against superbon. Maybe a thai lesson would be good for him at this point of his career.

Other names that have been rumoured Ristie, Yodwicha, RvR...
Yodwicha/RvR (+Yodsanklai) have fights elsewhere 1&2 weeks before the Kunlun date so those would seem risky and unlikely even before thinking about any contract issues :)
Might be too soon for Yodwicha but not gonna act like im not excited if hes in. Some good opponents for him and we can see how good of a kickboxer he really is. He might get a reality check tho. Risite has been MIA for ages so meh. I'd be surprised if RvR is in unless Glory judges are judging. I think Yod is done with tournaments. Too old and warn out like my current muaythai shorts.

From past usuals even Jomthong is in that Wu Lin Feng tournament and definitely busy unless they somehow manage to snatch him away from it completely.
Jomthong needs to go on a PED cycle. Maybe extra testosterone running through his veins will motivate him a little.

Even Petrosyan and Allazov are fighting in 10 days, but after that at least they'd have 3 weeks to that Kunlun date so maybe if they're not too hurt afterwards one of them could be in? :D
Looking forward to this one. Petro looks PED ready. Jomthong should take notes.

And ain't no way in hell is Petro fighting in that tournament. Not even sure Allazov will. They've been cherry picking which promotions to fight under but they have my respect for taking this fight against each other. Almost makes up for it.

DhboiskW0AAn40s.jpg:large

And ain't no way in hell is Petro fighting in that tournament. Not even sure Allazov will. They've been cherry picking which promotions to fight under but they have my respect for taking this fight against each other. Almost makes up for it.
hahah yeah maybe so

Kunlun would want that kind of fighters though and at this point might be pushed enough to pay for even Petro to come? :D

They'd need 6 more guys on top of these:

Nagbe
Drai
Moiseev
Larsen
Tuinov
Toutouh
Feng Xingli
Zuev
Superbon
Ristie

Kiria should be in...but 5 more guys when Sitti/Marat/Jom aren't coming...
and since they're getting straight spots they should be pretty good/have some angle to justify them being there. Could put Ozcan, Risco, Semeleer based on ranking I guess even when none of them are really the kind of known in China Kunlun would want. Still need 2 more and if they're "randoms" instead of Petro/Allazov types...

I think Semeleer too big for 155. He might as well move up to 170.

Damn Ristie is now 36 years old with 3 years layoff. This is either comeback of the year or getting brutally knocked out of the year.

I think Ristie has good chances of getting an early KO against superbon. If he gets tired Superbon will fuck him up

Back