Who saw Miocic vs Ngannou coming?

wickedd

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
As I'm watching the new ufc countdown promo, I saw the commentators mention "all expert analysts are on ngannous side". Since what happened in that fight was unlikely but not THAT unlikely, because ngannou has no wrestling background and miocic is multiple times NCAA division and this is MMA after all.

Who saw it coming and bet on miocic? Especially the decision prop, and does anyone remember how high it was on fight night?

No smart bettor wouldve bet decision. Because if u thought ngannou was gonna win, he have to ko stipe early. If u thought stipe wins, no way u can predict ngannou chin gonna be so good. Most ppl wouldve been finished after how much dmg he took

No smart bettor wouldve bet decision. Because if u thought ngannou was gonna win, he have to ko stipe early. If u thought stipe wins, no way u can predict ngannou chin gonna be so good. Most ppl wouldve been finished after how much dmg he took

The bettor who made a fortune betting the decision prop because he saw value in it, probably says otherwise

As I'm watching the new ufc countdown promo, I saw the commentators mention "all expert analysts are on ngannous side". Since what happened in that fight was unlikely but not THAT unlikely, because ngannou has no wrestling background and miocic is multiple times NCAA division and this is MMA after all.

Who saw it coming and bet on miocic? Especially the decision prop, and does anyone remember how high it was on fight night?
You don't have to remember, BestFightOdds.com archive shows that fight goes distance closed at +620 and Miocic wins by 5 round decision closed at +966.

You don't have to remember, BestFightOdds.com archive shows that fight goes distance closed at +620 and Miocic wins by 5 round decision closed at +966.

Thx wow that was insane.. whoever bet that made crazy money

I had a 5u bet on Stipe ml at +150 before the fight. But then went yolo and placed a 15u bet on Stipe ITD after the first round so that didn't work out that well... Really didn't see Ngannou being able to survive after being so gassed 4 minutes into the first round, did not consider that first round taking as much energy out of Stipe aswell to make him unable to both control Ngannou on the ground and land enough strikes to make the ref step in and end it

We live and we learn

one of my least favorite fights ever.

C5F0BD21-A7C2-4233-9F34-0C980DF4F64D.png

I had a 5u bet on Stipe ml at +150 before the fight. But then went yolo and placed a 15u bet on Stipe ITD after the first round so that didn't work out that well... Really didn't see Ngannou being able to survive after being so gassed 4 minutes into the first round, did not consider that first round taking as much energy out of Stipe aswell to make him unable to both control Ngannou on the ground and land enough strikes to make the ref step in and end it

We live and we learn
Wasn't a bad bet. Stipe could have ended it anytime after the second by punching Francis in the head a couple of times. I got the impression he was prolonging it. Smart money was not on a decision

Back