Everlast Recommendations

smittywerben_box

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am going to a fitness convention and Everlast will be there. Just wondering what be my best option on what to get if I were to make a purchase.

Pro Fight Gloves:
MX
Powerlock
Elite

Training Gloves:
Powerlock
MX

I'm thinking about getting 10's or 12's.

Last edited:
The fact that there are zero replies (discounting this one) is the answer to your question.

I am going to a fitness convention and Everlast will be there. Just wondering what be my best option on what to get if I were to make a purchase.

Pro Fight Gloves:
MX
Powerlock
Elite

Training Gloves:
Powerlock
MX

I'm thinking about getting 10's or 12's.

The whole MX line is their best stuff, IMO.

I have 16 oz and 14 oz for the MX trainers and also the red MX 10oz fight gloves for mitts and light bag work.

I would say get the 16 oz MX trainers. But I would wait for a sale unless they are offering them at a really good price.

Lots of ppl like the Prolock trainers but say they wear kind of fast. I wouldn't know. I have several pair of WINNING trainers so I haven't had the need to really try them out. I tried on some from another guy at the gym. Seemed pretty good but def not WINNING level, but what is??

<Fedor23> .

The fact that there are zero replies (discounting this one) is the answer to your question.

If I don't reply, useually there is none or very few replies.

Are you going to pretend like Everlast's high end stuff isn't good ?? I really want to try their new boxing shoes but they are out of my size.

Black-Elite-High-Top-Boxing-Shoes-by-Everlast.jpg

<{1-11}> .

Are you going to pretend like Everlast's high end stuff isn't good ??
No, I am not. What I am going to do, however, is suggest that there are better gloves for the same or lower price than Everlast's high end ones.

No, I am not. What I am going to do, however, is suggest that there are better gloves for the same or lower price than Everlast's high end ones.

Well, NOW you have finally said something. Except you have failed to mention or actually suggest any of these " other gloves ".

So me and TS would like to thank you for your unsubstantiated opinion.

<{hughesimpress}> .

Didn't end up getting thing at the expo.

That's because they were showcasing products only.

They are coming out with a new "winning clone" line. I was able to try it and it is no where like the real thing. Good effort though.

If I don't reply, useually there is none or very few replies.

Are you going to pretend like Everlast's high end stuff isn't good ?? I really want to try their new boxing shoes but they are out of my size.

Black-Elite-High-Top-Boxing-Shoes-by-Everlast.jpg

<{1-11}> .
I have used those shoes, and they are actually really nice. I ended up selling them because they didn’t have my size either, so I ordered a size up hoping they would fit, as some people said they ran small. They were too big but were really light and comfortable. I’m just not sure how durable they would be. I’ve heard good things though about Everlast shoes that use the Michelin soles, which these and the PIVTs do.

Didn't end up getting thing at the expo.

That's because they were showcasing products only.

They are coming out with a new "winning clone" line. I was able to try it and it is no where like the real thing. Good effort though.

That's cool. Did they have a nice long ergonomic thumb like Winning or was it just another layered padding thing ?

I used my Protex3 fight gloves for a Mitt sesh today. Some ppl don't like them but I think they feel like a 10oz training glove. I like them. Not better than winning however. Similar hand position to a Grant glove. But narrower wrists.

Everlast-Protex3-Professional-Fight-Gloves-300x300.jpg

<{titihmm}> .

Well, NOW you have finally said something. Except you have failed to mention or actually suggest any of these " other gloves ".

So me and TS would like to thank you for your unsubstantiated opinion.

<{hughesimpress}> .

The MX and Powerlock gloves are expensive in Australia at their full retail prices.

So, taking the very expensive MX gloves, I'd pretty confidently say that the following companies produce better overall gloves for the same or lower price than Everlast: Cleto Reyes, Rival, Casanova , Topboxer, possibly also Fairtex, R2C, and Sabas.

If, however, you can get the MX or Powerlock gloves at a massive discount of 40% or more, the situation obviously changes a lot.

Last edited:
The MX and Powerlock gloves are expensive in Australia.

So, taking the very expensive MX gloves, I'd say that the following companies produce better overall gloves for the same or lower price than Everlast: Cleto Reyes, Rival, Casanova , Topboxer, possibly R2C and Sabas.

I like my Everlast 16oz MX better than my older Cleto's. The leather on the Cleto's is slightly better quality than the Everlast. But the MX glove is more comfortable IMO. The Ring to Cage C17 is a good glove if you can get a decent pair. Casanova is not better than Everlast MX IMO nor Sabas. Topboxer has made me some gloves. Pretty good with the customization.

Ring to cage C17 is the contender of the gloves you mentioned at maybe being better for a lower price. Although you didn't mention the C17, I did. And it's a Winning clone not a latex padded glove like the Everlast MX gloves. Also the MX glove actually goes on sale once in a while. Cleto trainers rarely are sold at a discount anymore.

While we are on the subject, I have a pair of 10 oz Everlast MX pro fight gloves in black if anyone is interested. They’ve never been used, just removed from their original packaging. I have another pair of these gloves in red, which I prefer over the black color, so I don’t need them. I will sell for $80 plus shipping if anyone is interested. I’ll ship USPS Priority, so anywhere within the U.S. shouldn’t be more than about $12 max.

Last edited:
I like my Everlast 16oz MX better than my older Cleto's. The leather on the Cleto's is slightly better quality than the Everlast. But the MX glove is more comfortable IMO. The Ring to Cage C17 is a good glove if you can get a decent pair. Casanova is not better than Everlast MX IMO nor Sabas. Topboxer has made me some gloves. Pretty good with the customization.

Ring to cage C17 is the contender of the gloves you mentioned at maybe being better for a lower price. Although you didn't mention the C17, I did. And it's a Winning clone not a latex padded glove like the Everlast MX gloves. Also the MX glove actually goes on sale once in a while. Cleto trainers rarely are sold at a discount anymore.
Good post. I am higher on Casanova than you though; they are one of my favorite gloves. But everyone’s tastes are different; the Casanovas just seem to fit my hands really well, and I love the feel of the padding.

While we are on the subject, I have a pair of 10 oz Everlast MX pro fight gloves in black if anyone is interested. They’ve never been used, just removed from their original packaging. I have another pair of these gloves in red, which I prefer over the black color, so I don’t need them. I will sell for $80 plus shipping if anyone is interested. I’ll ship USPS Priority, so anywhere within the U.S. shouldn’t be more than about $12 max.

Hmm I might be interested would you be able to send some pics?

That's cool. Did they have a nice long ergonomic thumb like Winning or was it just another layered padding thing ?

I used my Protex3 fight gloves for a Mitt sesh today. Some ppl don't like them but I think they feel like a 10oz training glove. I like them. Not better than winning however. Similar hand position to a Grant glove. But narrower wrists.

Everlast-Protex3-Professional-Fight-Gloves-300x300.jpg

<{titihmm}> .

It was weird. It was shaped like a boxing glove, thumb was like a powerlock, and it had no grip bar. It also had mesh on the palm side.

what was the name of the line that was the winning clone?

Back