Anybody else think Kobe was better than Johnson?

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of all-time lists online and in some forums that put Johnson above Kobe.

To me, Kobe was a much better player. He was right there with Jordan and LeBron. He was a much more clutch, more accurate, and more consistent scoring machine than Magic. Johnson may have been a better passer, but that’s about it. He’s part of the Bird, Isiah, Kareem group. A very good player, but not at the absolute top of the heap like a prime Kobe was.

Scoring is the only thing Kobe did better offensively and that was on chucker %s. Magic was far more efficient scorer and when it comes to ball handling, passing, vision and rebounding Magic has a clear edge.

If you wanna somehow rate Kobe over Magic you need to look at the defensive end.

What I know is people forgot about Kobe when he retired, for years it was Kobe vs Lebron, now its Lebron better than Jordan.

Lebron is a better technical and team player than Kobe, Kobe is just a chucker, and ball hog

This is what I disliked about Kobe, he even said I believe when criticized if you had to do it over again and you were triple teamed would you still shoot the ball or pass it to an open guy he said Id still shoot it every time and then he blames everyone else and got rid of all the guys on the Lakers

Kobe has the world record for MOST MISSED shots in the NBA I believe

Magic Johnson is way better, I grew up watching Magic and loved his style of play, fast break down the middle get the hoop to the big man, if Magic career wasn't cut short he would have had more numbers, he played like 10 years got the Aids and then retired.

MAgic was a 6 foot 8 point guard/SG, he was unique he could move so smooth and fast like a little man but he was big, just enjoyed watching him play as a kid fast down the middle always making guys confused.

1980 finals Magic played Center

Id take Jordan, over Kobe, Id take Lebron over Kobe, Id take Magic over Kobe

Last edited:
If I'm starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take Kobe because of his team-carrying ability and individual brilliance.

If I've already got good players on my team and need to turn a solid playoff side into a championship contender, I'll pick Magic because of his leadership and unselfish play.

I do think that Magic is above Kobe on the all-time GOAT rankings.

Tragic played against a bunch of unathletic white guys in boxers and then got aids. Kobe via hilarious ease.

Tragic played against a bunch of unathletic white guys in boxers and then got aids. Kobe via hilarious ease.

Magic played in a harder era, no flopping, just rough and fast team play, if you took the best players of the 80s and 90s and made a team today they would wipe the floor with these guys, the stamina, finesses, and skills were too much, the game has gotten soft.

Now you watch the game and guys basically just clear way anytime lebron drives to the basket and they just let him score.

Magic 3rd best player all time behind Wilt and Kareem.

Magic played in a harder era, no flopping, just rough and fast team play, if you took the best players of the 80s and 90s and made a team today they would wipe the floor with these guys, the stamina, finesses, and skills were too much, the game has gotten soft.

Now you watch the game and guys basically just clear way anytime lebron drives to the basket and they just let him score.

Rofl magic played in an era where you can have HIV and still be the most athletic guy on the court and a guy dunking from the free throw line with his tongue sticking out is some kind of athletic milestone. Kobe played against dudes who can windmill from the ft line and dunk over cars. The only reason magic could “guard all 5 positions” is because none of his competition was nearly as athletic. Lmfao at Tragic guarding Juice, snaq or dirk.

What I know is people forgot about Kobe when he retired, for years it was Kobe vs Lebron, now its Lebron better than Jordan.

Lebron is a better technical and team player than Kobe, Kobe is just a chucker, and ball hog

This is what I disliked about Kobe, he even said I believe when criticized if you had to do it over again and you were triple teamed would you still shoot the ball or pass it to an open guy he said Id still shoot it every time and then he blames everyone else and got rid of all the guys on the Lakers

Kobe has the world record for MOST MISSED shots in the NBA I believe

Magic Johnson is way better, I grew up watching Magic and loved his style of play, fast break down the middle get the hoop to the big man, if Magic career wasn't cut short he would have had more numbers, he played like 10 years got the Aids and then retired.

MAgic was a 6 foot 8 point guard/SG, he was unique he could move so smooth and fast like a little man but he was big, just enjoyed watching him play as a kid fast down the middle always making guys confused.

Id take Jordan, over Kobe, Id take Lebron over Kobe, Id take Magic over Kobe

Stopped reading after you said Juice is more technical.

Rofl magic played in an era where you can have HIV and still be the most athletic guy on the court and a guy dunking from the free throw line with his tongue sticking out is some kind of athletic milestone. Kobe played against dudes who can windmill from the ft line and dunk over cars. The only reason magic could “guard all 5 positions” is because none of his competition was nearly as athletic. Lmfao at Tragic guarding Juice, snaq or dirk.
giphy.gif

Magic just paved the way for rich people to beat aids

Look at that hotel chick Kobe raped in Colorado and tell me she didn't have at least a few diseases

Magic is easily the better player, both in relative and absolute terms.

Lmao this Tidwell goof is comedy. Thanks for the laughs.

Kobe is the second greatest player all time behind MJ imo. He played both sides of the ball, played through all kinds of injuries, and well he's a winner.

I love Kobe. He's one of my favorite players. But a point guard who fills in for Kareem Abdul Jabbar at center in the NBA finals and carries his team to victory, winning the finals MVP along the way AS A FREAKING ROOKIE????? Kobe has nothing to compete with that. Kobe couldn't even get on the court as a rookie. Even his 2nd year he was more of a role player.

Plus Magic made his teammates better than Kobe made his.

I’ve seen a lot of all-time lists online and in some forums that put Johnson above Kobe.

To me, Kobe was a much better player. He was right there with Jordan and LeBron. He was a much more clutch, more accurate, and more consistent scoring machine than Magic. Johnson may have been a better passer, but that’s about it. He’s part of the Bird, Isiah, Kareem group. A very good player, but not at the absolute top of the heap like a prime Kobe was.

The AIDSGOAT is so far ahead of Kobe it is unimaginable that you could even have those thoughts. Kobe is a scorer. Magic was able to play ALL FIVE positions. Magic made every teammate better. Kobe did not.

Magic was insanely good. Kobe was an insanely good scorer.

I would build around Magic 100% of the time.

Kobe was clutch...only in certain times. He was not as efficient as Bird or Magic when it came to scoring. Hell, Bird was way more clutch than Kobe.

The only thing Kobe had over Magic was a better post game. Kobe was a fucking chucker, and too tunnel visioned to see how much of his ball hog tendencies affected his team.

The guy couldn't win a ring without Shaq, and for years after he was a sub 30 winner by himself. Pau comes along, and he wins the title two more times. Please, he's one of the most overrated SG in NBA history. His accomplishments on paper speaks better of him than his actual skills.

Kobe was clutch...only in certain times. He was not as efficient as Bird or Magic when it came to scoring. Hell, Bird was way more clutch than Kobe.

The only thing Kobe had over Magic was a better post game. Kobe was a fucking chucker, and too tunnel visioned to see how much of his ball hog tendencies affected his team.

The guy couldn't win a ring without Shaq, and for years after he was a sub 30 winner by himself. Pau comes along, and he wins the title two more times. Please, he's one of the most overrated SG in NBA history. His accomplishments on paper speaks better of him than his actual skills.
AoLquIF.gif

cVKLo8s.gif

ngprqLZ.gif

1Vsg3SB.gif

Back