How far would prime Roy Jones. Jr have come in this era?

I guess we don't even need a "peak" Roy then. Prime will do.

"Peak" RJJ probably unifies the HW division...

Not sure AJ or Wilder could lay a glove on him---before getting their eyes closed up.

Conor destroys every one of them. He is the best fighter of all time. He is coming back stronger.
I wish I could believe that. I really am a McGregor fan. But the generational difference is really going to be too much. I mean, within five years they're going to allow cyborg parts and blaster cannons. How is McGregor going to compete with that?

The interesting fight is Jones-Ward. Prime Jones dominates the rest of the field between 160 and 175.

I think it'd be a lot like the first Hopkins fight. In that Ward would do better than most at the time but still lose clearly.

I think Roy would win belts from Middleweight to Cruiserweight. IDK about Heavy, AJ is really stiff and still very green and not very fast but obviously has a lot of power.

I said it earlier, Prime RJJ over any 160-175 that ever lived. People saying he’d win all the way up to HW are crazy, no way in hell he’d beat Joshua, Wilder or Fury. They would all have 6-10 inches on him and 20-50lbs. Realistically, even Joseph Parker would beat him.
It would be like asking Lomachenko to beat Hurd or Crawford to beat Gassiev.... eventually size does matter.

RJJ would be successful in any time period his athletic gifts and boxing skills are amazing. there are a few guys out there that would test him but i have a hard time picking many of our current champs to be a favorite over Jones. HW RJJ over Bellew

I find it hard to pick against him against any similarly sized man to ever lace up the gloves, to be honest. He wasn't the most skilled fighter you'd see, but his natural gifts made him a fucking monster. It can be damn hard to overcome athleticism on that level even with all the skills in the world.

Go back to the heavys, we don’t need this kind of shit here.
thats a scientific fact

watch joshua vs vadimir
81b5ae73-9b7e-4f3b-b58e-a11de932fb40.gif

original.gif

Sometimes I wonder what Sherdog would have been like if brain damaged and mentally retarded people were not allowed to post here.

You old school guys just cant handle the truth. Training camps these days are much better.

Lomachenko is already much better than Floyd Mayweather.

Do you think suga ray robinson son has a chance against canelo?
Boxing has evolved.

Watch Fedor ... he would have lost so badly to the top 10.

You old school guys just cant handle the truth. Training camps these days are much better.

Boxing has evolved.

This is what I've been saying. Listen to the man!

In 5 years, Loma, Canelo, AJ, Conor will all look like trash compared to this new combination of cyborg mutants allowed in boxing and MMA. You just can't compete with the evolution of the sport.

I mean let's be real here: megaman vs pacman. Who the fuck you got?

Boxing has evolved.

I'm sad I missed making fun of you before the ban came.

"Peak" RJJ probably unifies the HW division...

Not sure AJ or Wilder could lay a glove on him---before getting their eyes closed up.
Thats a pretty interesting post tbh. Those guys are so big...But so rudimentary when it comes to boxing skills, yet they're considered the best in the HW game...Prime 198 lbs heavyweight Roy, just might piece them up and never get touched.

Thats a pretty interesting post tbh. Those guys are so big...But so rudimentary when it comes to boxing skills, yet they're considered the best in the HW game...Prime 198 lbs heavyweight Roy, just might piece them up and never get touched.

I know they are relative giants, but ...

The skill gap (and raw athleticism) between prime/peak RJJ and most anyone who has ever laced them up matters, too. (In addition to size)
He was special.

Kovalev has a puncher's chance

Other than that Roy clowns everyone.
Kovalev probably gets clowned too. More power than Kova has ever faced and more speed than most guys that size in history.

EDIT: Scratch that, Kovalev gets destroyed. some of you guys just don't understand. Even Ward gets rolled. Watch the whole video on the next page.

Last edited:
Back