Nanchaku and its uses

Billy02

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is nanchaku actually made for? what type of fight is it used for?

It was originally a farming tool.

What sort of fight is it used for ? None anymore that I know of but it looks cool being whipped around.

When used as a weapon it is very effective in choking people from behind.

There aren't nearly enough reports about nunchakus being used in street violence. What a boring and unimaginative bunch of criminals we have.

Back in the 1970s with the upside in kung fu films they found a kid apparently attacked and left for dead by someone with a pair of nunchuks that were left by his unconscious body. When the police interviewed him he sheepishly admitted they were his weapon and that he'd cold cocked himself...

There aren't nearly enough reports about nunchakus being used in street violence. What a boring and unimaginative bunch of criminals we have.
it was a fairly common street weapon in the 80's. Fell out of favor in recent years, but here is an incident from 2013:

A collapsible baton is the superior tool, hence why cops use it.

The main use is to do sth cool and maybe improve coordination. I was once pretty good with them and had some fun, but if u think it's an effective weapons you're mad.

Last edited:
The correct spelling is numbchucks.

if anyone knows the answer to this question. its bruce lee
Not sure where I heard this, but I think Dan Inosanto invented nunchuks or was the widely recognized expert. I think that's why he was put in the nunchuk role in Game of Death.

Not sure where I heard this, but I think Dan Inosanto invented nunchuks or was the widely recognized expert. I think that's why he was put in the nunchuk role in Game of Death.

I truly hope you dont believe what you heard.

Back