EA says that Mass Effect: Andromeda was deeply flawed, but still didn't get a fair shake.

Not trying to convince you to replay it (I've never played any ME games actually) but 3-4 hours is hardly enough gaming time to properly evaluate any RPGs. I think you should give it another shot. you might like it. You already own and it's a waste not to give it another proper shot at it. just sayin'...
For me the first few hours decides if i will continue playing the game or not. If the game doesnt pull me in from the beginning then what is the point. I understand a game could probably get better as you get deeper in but if im not having fun getting to it i don't see the point especially on a game meant to be replayed more than once. Once i realized i wasnt having fun playing it i just dropped it. With a bunch of other games out there id rather be playing and my already busy adult schedule i find it hard to convince myself to go back a play it.

The story and characters were just too bland for me to get invested in, and I was a huge fan of the original trilogy.

For me the first few hours decides if i will continue playing the game or not. If the game doesnt pull me in from the beginning then what is the point. I understand a game could probably get better as you get deeper in but if im not having fun getting to it i don't see the point especially on a game meant to be replayed more than once. Once i realized i wasnt having fun playing it i just dropped it. With a bunch of other games out there id rather be playing and my already busy adult schedule i find it hard to convince myself to go back a play it.

hey your choice.

I didn't like The Last of Us the first time I played it. I was about 10 hours into it and wasnt' impressed.. stopped playing. then I picked it back up again when I got a PS4 and bought the remastered version. went thru the first sections and still thought that it was the same shit. went past that point and suddenly the story took a turn and it clicked for me story wise and gameplay wise. one of the best games I've ever played and I am glad I gave it another shot.

not saying Andromeda is the same but 3-4 hours is nothing. there tons of great games in the horizon though...

This is exactly it. It’s not like it was a bad game. It was just so mediocre that I didn’t want to play after a couple hours. I would still go back and play all the previous Mass Effects again if my XBox worked. But I just could not keep playing Andromeda.

I replayed the series and could barely get through 1. The gameplay has not aged well. And the characters are shit compared to what they develop into during the sequels.

'i didn't like the game, so i bought it twice.'

my god. no wonder garbage gets pumped out. haha (not that i'm calling tlou garbage)

I tried to start playing MEA again the other day and it took about 10 minutes before I stopped. It was worse than I remembered.

Games like every other consumer product should be quality assured, tested, and ready to go from day one. None of this releasing while buggy cause we'll patch it later shit. Can you imagine if other industries were to run with this type of business model? Hey, enjoy this brand new car you bought, but watch out, it tends to disintegrate when it hits 85mph. Bring it by the shop in a month when we figure out how to fix it. Garbage.

Also, creating products that are of quality should not be a social experiment. The project was given to inexperienced staff all for the sake of virtue signaling and receiving kudos from the nerdsphere. No surprises they cranked out a shitty product.

hey your choice.

I didn't like The Last of Us the first time I played it. I was about 10 hours into it and wasnt' impressed.. stopped playing. then I picked it back up again when I got a PS4 and bought the remastered version. went thru the first sections and still thought that it was the same shit. went past that point and suddenly the story took a turn and it clicked for me story wise and gameplay wise. one of the best games I've ever played and I am glad I gave it another shot.

not saying Andromeda is the same but 3-4 hours is nothing. there tons of great games in the horizon though...
I felt the same way initially about The Last of Us; I'd say the big difference between the two games in terms of playing more to get a feel for them is that TLOU has nearly universal acclaim for the strength of its last act. Most people agree you need to see it through to really appreciate it. For Andromeda, the experience actually started to wear on me as the game progressed. Without the story effectively pulling me along to get excited for the climax, even the game play was starting to get stale.

Last edited:
I felt the same way initially about The Last of Us; I'd say the big difference between the two games in terms of playing more to get a feel for them is that TLOU has nearly universal acclaim for the strength of its last act. Most people agree you need to see it through to really appreciate it. For Andromeda, the experience actually started to wear on me as the game progressed. Without the story effectively pulling me along to get excited for the climax even the game play was starting to get stale.

yeah its a fair point. Again I don't think more or less of Andromeda. Never played any of the ME games (and it's one of my regrets).

I simply think 3-4 hours of gameplay is hardly enough to personally judge a game...

Still gotten to that we never got a single player DLC to finish out where the Quarian ark was.

I replayed the series and could barely get through 1. The gameplay has not aged well. And the characters are shit compared to what they develop into during the sequels.

The gameplay in ME1 is kind of shitty. But I really loved experience loving the planets, being able to set up outside the enemy’s range with a sniper rifle and pick them off, and just the whole atmosphere.

Still, 2 was my favorite. It was almost the perfect game. If I could, I would erase my memory and play all 3 over again.

As a huge fan of ME1&2 (2 being my GOAT game), I wasn't excited for ME Andromeda after ME3's ending shit the bed.

But if it was any good, I would have picked it up eventually, although I hated the premise.
*No Shepard
*No Reapers
*No Paragon/Renegade system.

Then, prior to the game's release, it came out that some of the development personel were were of questionable morality - racist tweets about whites, SJW bullshit, 'My GTA5 avatar was raped!'

I'm not in the habit of knowingly giving my money to racists.

Add to that, the character models were obviously ugly - actually made to look far less atractive than the character's voice actors, and were hideous when compared to the character models of the prior 3 games.

And, just like EA would, when the game didn't sell the amount of units they expected, they stopped updating the game and cancelled the DLC.

Sorry, but those of you who are encouraging us to play the game have a huge uphill climb on that one.

I work hard for my money, and have already spent too much money on better games I haven't played yet.

The gameplay in ME1 is kind of shitty. But I really loved experience loving the planets, being able to set up outside the enemy’s range with a sniper rifle and pick them off, and just the whole atmosphere.

Still, 2 was my favorite. It was almost the perfect game. If I could, I would erase my memory and play all 3 over again.

Fuck that ending though. I wish I could erase my memory of that.

I never got it and ME was one of my favorite all time franchises.

Bad press before the release and no Shepard caused me to cancel my pre-order

Game was hot garbage. Period.

I played the original trilogy 4 times, and couldn't get past the first 10 hours og andromeda, and I tried twice. One of my biggest disappointments of the decade.

I can't recall a single game that I've heard more people say "I bought it, but never finished it."

I can't recall a single game that I've heard more people say "I bought it, but never finished it."

which further illustrates why it's generally best to wait a while before buying a game. or not buying, more specifically.

which further illustrates why it's generally best to wait a while before buying a game. or not buying, more specifically.

Yup.

I remember the ME Andromeda thread throughout the months prior to its release.

So many were saying 'I think Ill probably skip this one.'

Then a gameplay trailer dropped and many said 'Wow, this looks pretty good! I think I'll preorder it!'

Then all the gifs of the fucked up facial animations hit twitter, and those in the thread said 'Well, I already preordered it, might as well pick it up although the facial animations are fucked up.'

I'm like - "Wow, you guys aren't self-aware enough to see how you're being bait-and-switched?'

Finally played this and finished it recently. Visually it was great for a sci fi game... i just didn't give a fuck about any character and skipped dialogue more as game went on. Gameplay was pretty good though

Yep. The characters were boring, and the writing seemed boring too. I didn't care for anyone and didn't get attached to anyone at all. I skipped a lot of dialogue because it was pointless, and your choices didn't seem to matter much.

However, the gameplay mechanics were great. I'd say 7/10 for that alone.

Back