Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

I think I shall take a break from this part of the forum for a while. lol.

Thanks for the kind words @Mike Hagger. Had a bad weekend? Things are a little stressful at work? You have always been a little bi-polar in your posts, from nice to a total dick. The 'hot shit' SF Ranger with all the answers. At the end of the day you are just another soldier in the U.S. Army my friend.

Nice to know your opinions about an extended AIT, mine are different. I loved the M-60 and would like to see it back.

Indeed, 7 years in the Infantry is a short time. Would 14 years be OK with you?

That's right, I've never been to RASP I was in a light Infantry unit. When exactly did I say soldiers today were shitty? Putting words in my mouth? I think @Sir GymTanLaundry was referring to the eternal discussion of the value of the Ranger tab between Regimental Rangers and Infantry soldiers. No, I don't know it all, wish I did. Not sure what gave you that idea. Not sure why you feel so insulted. Maybe you should go back to your medication.

I'm not allowed to talk about the SF program? Do I have to be SF qualified to do that? How many times have I asked you questions about the SF program? You still have not answered my question about how long selection takes, so, I guess I don't know it all.

Suppose I was abrasive, I was actually trying to be constructive. I think you bitterly hold on to an argument, when it's easier to agree to disagree. I'm not going to dig up every quote, I enjoy reading your opinions but you do comment on things that I believe you're misinformed on, or at a minimum are out dated on. Take it for what it's worth, wasn't trying to make a new enemy.

Bullshit. That was constructive criticism? Why don't you let me know how you really feel? Man, I would hate to be a soldier in you team. No, that was straight up 'asshole' behavior. If you can't tell the difference maybe your friends should help you with it. Let me guess, few friends and no girlfriend. I don't bitterly hold on to shit, I just voice my opinion. It is called 'an open forum'. You seem to be the one with the problem. Maybe @sub_thug can help you with your issues. Fuck my opinions, just don't read or comment on them...

There you go get personal insults in there. I'm a bad leader and team mate, you gained that from 2 posts. I'm sure your respect meter is climbing in here rapidly.

And bring @sub_thug to this, I said literally nothing to you that would not have been said in a team room. Thought you could handle it. Looks like I misjudged.

Last edited:
@Phr3121 You do seem like one of those "Well back in MY day..." guys.

@Phr3121 You do seem like one of those "Well back in MY day..." guys.

Yeap. I guess age has caught up with me. With a few exceptions, most of you are much younger than me. I retired from the U.S. Army in 2008 - 20 years of service. So yes, 'back in my day' will always mean great memories to me. Sometimes I wonder how many of the guys I met over those 20 years died in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yeap. I guess age has caught up with me. With a few exceptions, most of you are much younger than me. I retired from the U.S. Army in 2008 - 20 years of service. So yes, 'back in my day' will always mean great memories to me. Sometimes I wonder how many of the guys I met over those 20 years died in Iraq and Afghanistan.
You can always look them up.

https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/

I can handle it just fine 'hero'. You are the one who is whining and insulting. What happened? Don't like taking some of your own medicine? Looks like your feelings were hurt. Don't like what others have to say, ignore them. Well, it only takes one bad post to figure out who the 'asshole' is. Could not give 'two-shits' about what kind of soldier you are. This is not a team room now is it? Got a personal issue, you could have sent me a PM. Yeah, you seem to do a lot of misjudging, and yes, the bi-polar is definitely there. One 'nasty' post followed by one 'nice' post. Also, I never understood why you were a 'follower' a while back when you had the John Wayne avatar. I recommend staying on the medication.

Buddy you're the only one russled around here.

@Phr3121 mike hagger has been patient and polite with you so I am not sure why you are going off at him. You are the only person I see whom is being insulting in here. This isn't the team room as you pointed out, but this IS a sub forum with ex military from various specializations and perhaps you should carry yourself as if you were in a room with the people here.

You're the first person I've ever read/heard who posts relentlessly about units which you were never apart of: SF or Ranger Battalion. I am sorry you decided that you did not want to continue being infantry or any other forward operating unit, perhaps then you would have managed to break in a pair of combat boots in the last 20 years instead of concerning yourself with the clerical duties of the military and commenting on training and standards of which you have no part.

Whether you like it or not, undergoing a selection brings with it a respect within military circles, as does deploying regularly throughout your career (I am not referring to a year deployment in Iraq/Afghan where Pizza Hut, Burger King and Mr Whippy Ice Cream are in one's backyard and the nearest contact situation is sporadic indirect fire). You seem to have put your foot in your mouth with a few people in here, so perhaps it would be wiser to make amends.

@BillytheFish I know you are a fan of @Mike Hagger. No, Mike has not been polite, and this is not the first time either. You have not been on this forum long enough to see other insults. I post about all sorts of units, U.S. and foreign. Since when do I have to be part of a unit to ask questions about it? No, Civil Affairs is not clerical duties my friend, they are actually part of SOF. I'm not allowed to comment or give my views on what I think of U.S. Army training? Maybe you shouldn't either since you are British. See, you are being just as insulting as 'little' Mike with your stupid comments. No, I have not put my foot in my mouth and I'm not running a popularity contest either. It is hard to make amends with idiots. Thanks for the advise...

Last edited:
@BillytheFish I know you are a fan of @Mike Hagger. No, Mike has not been polite, and this is not the first time either. You have not been on this forum long enough to see other insults. I post about all sorts of units, U.S. and Foreign. Since when do I have to be part of a unit to ask questions about it? No, Civil Affairs is not clerical duties my friend, they are actually part of SOF. I'm not allowed to comment or give my views on what I think of U.S. Army training? Maybe you shouldn't either since you are British. See, you are being just as insulting as 'little' Mike with your stupid comments. No, I have not put my foot in my mouth and I'm not running a popularity contest either. It is hard to make amends with idiots. Thanks for the advise...
@BillytheFish I know you are a fan of @Mike Hagger. No, Mike has not been polite, and this is not the first time either. You have not been on this forum long enough to see other insults. I post about all sorts of units, U.S. and Foreign. Since when do I have to be part of a unit to ask questions about it? No, Civil Affairs is not clerical duties my friend, they are actually part of SOF. I'm not allowed to comment or give my views on what I think of U.S. Army training? Maybe you shouldn't either since you are British. See, you are being just as insulting as 'little' Mike with your stupid comments. No, I have not put my foot in my mouth and I'm not running a popularity contest either. It is hard to make amends with idiots. Thanks for the advise...

Youre entitled to say what you want, but the actual sf community wouldnt concern themselves with the opinion of someone who hasnt been there or done that- that would be you.

Plus youre making a cunt of yourself in front of your own countrymen. Bit embarassing really...

Youre entitled to say what you want, but the actual sf community wouldnt concern themselves with the opinion of someone who hasnt been there or done that- that would be you. Plus youre making a cunt of yourself in front of your own countrymen. Bit embarassing really...

A 'cunt'? Yeah, that is really mature 'little' Billy. I can see you just joined the ranks of 'little' Mike. That is your idea of 'patient and polite'? Now you see how this got started? SF community is entitled to their opinion like any other MOS in the U.S. Army. That would exclude 99% of the folks in this forum, including you. Nothing embarrassing about my behavior 'little' Billy. I hate little 'pussy' bullies like you and 'little' Mike. My countrymen would be proud of someone who exposes them for what they are. I think this would be a good time for an ex-British soldier to shut up. Americans are celebrating their independence tomorrow from the likes of you.

A 'cunt'? Yeah, that is really mature 'little' Billy. I can see you just joined the ranks of 'little' Mike. That is your idea of 'patient and polite'? Now you see how this got started? SF community is entitled to their opinion like any other MOS in the U.S. Army. That would exclude 99% of the folks in this forum, including you. Nothing embarrassing about my behavior 'little' Billy. I hate little 'pussy' bullies like you and 'little' Mike. My countrymen would be proud of someone who exposes them for what they are. I think this would be a good time for an ex-British soldier to shut up. Americans are celebrating their independence tomorrow from the likes of you.

Exposes them for what they are....infinitely better trained and more experienced than you could ever have hoped to have been?

Exposes them for what they are....infinitely better trained and more experienced than you could ever have hoped to have been?

Yeah, how is that? You don't know shit about my military career. See, if you can find some British soldiers to talk to, you are whining just like 'little' Mike. I'll be celebrating the British getting their asses kicked tomorrow. ;)

Yeah, how is that? You don't know shit about my military career. See, if you can find some British soldiers to talk to, you are whining just like 'little' Mike. I'll be celebrating the British getting their asses kicked tomorrow. ;)

In my experience people who have had busy and interesting careers dont spend their time talking about SF standards when they were never even in lol...but hey, whatever makes you feel more important. Enjoy your coin collection princess lol.

In my experience people who have had busy and interesting careers dont spend their time talking about SF standards when they were never even in lol...but hey, whatever makes you feel more important. Enjoy your coin collection princess lol.

Well, your experience doesn't count for shit 'little' Billy. You and 'little' Mike are really a special kind of stupid. Not just SF standards, but training and selection. SEALs, SAS, French Foreign Legion, etc. We talk about the U.S. Army, U.S. Marines, U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force. That is what we do in this forum, we talk about military things that we did and that others do. Can that little British brain of yours understand this simple fact. So, by your logic, anyone who posts in here was never in the military. Yeah, we just make this stuff up.

Back