PotWR- The Power of the Pardon

Should I have used my Presidential Pardon Powers to unban Trotsky?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about, or at least so I thought, being sexually attracted to Trump. I would be surprised if even Milo Y wanted to hop on that dried apricot-looking bag of skin.

It's that his fan boys are all so fearful, immature, and insecure (and, yes, intellectually lazy) that they fawn over a dopey man child with zero redeeming adult qualities because he's confident, puts on the facade of a grade school bully, and allows them to reduce complicated and important discussions into tribalism. They don't care about policy at all: they just need a powerful man to whom they can subordinate themselves. And they'll gladly doom the future of the country or species just so they can feel like they're "winning" without having to do any actual work. It's really pathetic. And referring to their idiot strong man as "Daddy" is such a profound encapsulation of all of that.

<mma4>

Our lemon skinned, so-called President is lying yet again.

Only the highest order of the Supreme Sherdog Moderation Council has the power of pardon, which was not even needed in this case. The commie's ban was always temporary, as was stated by the council when it was handed down.
FortunateAjarBlackfish-size_restricted.gif

I don't buy that RS is Johnny Mac. JM is a lot more mean-spirited and not nearly as funny. RS was more clearly an act.
You think rip was funny? What the fuck?

Seriously though, I'd wager the JM persona is just the same loser getting tired of his gimmick. Must've been exhausting to post the same vitriol he posts now with that "I'm a nice person" filter.

You think rip was funny? What the fuck?

Seriously though, I'd wager the JM persona is just the same loser getting tired of his gimmick. Must've been exhausting to post the same vitriol he posts now with that "I'm a nice person" filter.

If you (I believe correctly) understood Rip as a liberal's gimmick, there were some genuine laughs. Not necessarily a high hit rate, but some good stuff.

Our lemon skinned, so-called President is lying yet again.

Only the highest order of the Supreme Sherdog Moderation Council has the power of pardon, which was not even needed in this case. The commie's ban was always temporary, as was stated by the council when it was handed down.
I agree. I think Homer has high influence with the mods, but he himself can't unban posters.

If you (I believe correctly) understood Rip as a liberal's gimmick, there were some genuine laughs. Not necessarily a high hit rate, but some good stuff.
giphy.gif

I think you're reeeeeally giving him too much credit. As much as I like the idea of a liberal creating a persona as some sort of elaborate joke and managing to get the rightwingers to not only believe him but also fall in line and embrace him, Occam's razor tells me it was just another blowhard hiding hate speech behind a façade.

A liberal creating a gimmick would look more like @JosephDredd when he went on that bad acid trip a few months ago and started praising Trump.

giphy.gif

I think you're reeeeeally giving him too much credit. As much as I like the idea of a liberal creating a persona as some sort of elaborate joke and managing to get the rightwingers to not only believe him but also fall in line and embrace him, Occam's razor tells me it was just another blowhard hiding hate speech behind a façade.

A liberal creating a gimmick would look more like @JosephDredd when he went on that bad acid trip a few months ago and started praising Trump.

Maybe a more apolitical guy? I hear you, but it really came through at times that he was making fun of the character he was playing.

Hey President @HomerThompson, can I get some kind of executive order that addresses my new neighbor, who has decided that it's appropriate to fire off his handguns in the suburbs under cover of neighborhood fireworks? Or am I supposed to shut up and taste all of the freedom? Please guidance for this thanks.

I agree. I think Homer has high influence with the mods, but he himself can't unban posters.

He's been here since 2005, so I should hope he's made a few friends here. It's probably got something to do with that Platinum membership too.

Maybe a more apolitical guy? I hear you, but it really came through at times that he was making fun of the character he was playing.
You could say the same thing about a lot of people in the War Room until you came to the realization that those are actual people who actually believe what they're typing. It's kinda horrifying bu I've made my peace with it.

On topic though, I'm happy to see that @Trostky is unbanned but really bro, you're fucking stupid (tehehe) if you got outright banned with no dubs in the first place. It really takes an effort to do that. Most regrettable bans that happen around these parts are when someone pushes their luck while on dubs. Getting sent off with no warning would've put you in the prestigious category populated by the likes of Conan Memories. Think about that for a second

giphy.gif

"Hate speech"
<Lmaoo>

He's been here since 2005, so I should hope he's made a few friends here. It's probably got something to do with that Platinum membership too.
The plat is how he got rid of the yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back