Who's the best soccer player in the world ?

Zidane is nowhere near Messi. People just remember 98 and 06 when it comes to Zidane ignoring his club career. At Juve he wasn't even their main guy Del Piero was and when he joined Real Valeron was the best midfielder in the league at Depor. Heck Rui Costa had more memorial moments in serie a when they both played there. Michael Laudrup was better then Zidane.

<{monica}>

Always good to see other people that notice Zidane's outrageous overrated-ness. A lot of people have him top 10, all-time. Top 5 even. WTF

He's top 20, at best. In 98 he was France's 3rd or 4th best player. In 2006 he was a beast, no doubt. That elimination of Brazil is legendary. But a couple of great games isn't enough to garner all-time status.

Doesnt Ronaldo wear make up? That eliminates him from GOAT..

Arent Messi and Maradonna basically the same player?

Zidane is nowhere near Messi. People just remember 98 and 06 when it comes to Zidane ignoring his club career. At Juve he wasn't even their main guy Del Piero was and when he joined Real Valeron was the best midfielder in the league at Depor. Heck Rui Costa had more memorial moments in serie a when they both played there. Michael Laudrup was better then Zidane.

Thats almost as bad a flat earth revisionist

Zidane in Real Madrid was by far the best player in the league, Rui Costa was always on and off and not consistent. Laudrup was a great midifielder but he never had as good off national team as Zidane.

PSV-Barcelona Romário was the goat

romario.jpg

Always good to see other people that notice Zidane's outrageous overrated-ness. A lot of people have him top 10, all-time. Top 5 even. WTF

He's top 20, at best. In 98 he was France's 3rd or 4th best player. In 2006 he was a beast, no doubt. That elimination of Brazil is legendary. But a couple of great games isn't enough to garner all-time status.
notsureifserious.gif

I'm french and I don't like Zidane that much. New french generations who didn't see Platini playing think Zidane is the new coming of god.

BUT... comparing Zidane to Laudrup... Bale... Rui Costa?!? That's retarded! There are not in the same league.
There is Messi and Maradona,
then in no particular order Messi, Ronaldo (both), Platini, Zidane, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, maybe Van Basten (I don't think so, but it could be argued), a few others
then the rest.

@Possum Jenkins : could you please name 19 soccer players better than Zidane?

I wonder how many pounds he is. He can probably be UFC champ with minimal training, and I just trying to imagine what weight class, seriously no romo.

Even McGoat knows the answer to this

Look at and read what it says on the underwear:

Ca3nCwtXIAACIE9.jpg:large

images

Ronaldo weighs 185lbs so I guess he'd be a smallish welterweight.

He might struggle with USADA testing though, drug testing is pretty weak in football.

images

Ronaldo weighs 185lbs so I guess he'd be a smallish welterweight.

He might struggle with USADA testing though, drug testing is pretty weak in football.

At 6'1" why not just stay at middleweight or higher?

I'll say Gareth Bale. To pull off two world class goals in a champions league final. Simply sublime. As a Liverpool fan I could just watch and gasp.

Real-Madrid-Liverpool-3-1-Champions-League-2018-Final-6.gif

Real-Madrid-Liverpool-3-1-Champions-League-2018-Final-3.gif
You don't watch the league he plays in. God i hate people like you

Most of the people saying Zidane over Messi clearly didn't watch Serie A in the 90's nothing Zidane did at Juve who were probably the best team in Europe for a period (they won champ league just before he arrived) is close to what Messi has done over the past 10 or so yrs with Barce. People only remember Zidane time with France which granted is better the Messi international career but Zidane isn't even the best French player Platini is. When it comes to consistency at club and taking over big games Xavi and Iniesta are far ahead of Zidane.

Zidane in Real Madrid was by far the best player in the league, Rui Costa was always on and off and not consistent. Laudrup was a great midifielder but he never had as good off national team as Zidane.

No he wasn't domestically they started to slip when he joined despite all their talent Zidane only won one league with Madrid. His last two seasons he was far eclipsed by Ronaldiho who was easily the best player in league at the time.

lol

notsureifserious.gif

I'm french and I don't like Zidane that much. New french generations who didn't see Platini playing think Zidane is the new coming of god.

BUT... comparing Zidane to Laudrup... Bale... Rui Costa?!? That's retarded! There are not in the same league.
There is Messi and Maradona,
then in no particular order Messi, Ronaldo (both), Platini, Zidane, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, maybe Van Basten (I don't think so, but it could be argued), a few others
then the rest.

@Possum Jenkins : could you please name 19 soccer players better than Zidane?

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Messi
4. Cruyff
5. Di Stefano
6. Beckenbauer
7. Garrincha
8. Puskas
9. Ronaldo
10. Zico
11. Cristiano Ronaldo
12. Platini
13. Eusebio
14. Best
15. Charlton
16. Ronaldinho
17. Romario
18. Van Basten
19. Baresi

Zizou can fight it out with those last 3. He ain't touching anyone else.

It's not just about the overall goals and assists although if that's how you want to measure then that's fine. The reason Zidane was hailed as one of the greatest was how he controlled the tempo and pace of the entire team (and the game) regardless of whether he had the ball or not. players around him were just better when zizou was on the team. And when he had the ball it was magical. He just creates space when there is none and would confuses the shit out of defenders.

There's no right or wrong answer in who the best is when we are evaluating players. But I know personally if I was a manager and I had the first pick of a fantasy draft and every single player in their prime was available to me, I'd pick Zidane. I am controlling that midfield and the overall tempo of the game.

I always felt like zidane was the best when he played. He could just control the entire game and make magical moves passes etc regularly like it was nothing
Even after ending his career as a player he kills it in the CL.

What a divine talent this man has.

Chinaglia probably
Or zungul

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Messi
4. Cruyff
5. Di Stefano
6. Beckenbauer
7. Garrincha
8. Puskas
9. Ronaldo
10. Zico
11. Cristiano Ronaldo
12. Platini
13. Eusebio
14. Best
15. Charlton
16. Ronaldinho
17. Romario
18. Van Basten
19. Baresi

Zizou can fight it out with those last 3. He ain't touching anyone else.

Good list, Brazilian Ronaldo is indeed better than Portugese Ronaldo.
Nice to see you give the Dutch their place in your rankings.

Good list, Brazilian Ronaldo is indeed better than Portugese Ronaldo.
Nice to see you give the Dutch their place in your rankings.

Yeah, I'm not a huge Cristiano fan but his staggering goalscoring can't be ignored either. Honestly, he could beat out Brazilian Ronaldo in the next couple of years and move into the top 10.

In raw talent of course it's not close, fat Ronaldo is clearly ahead.

Zidane’s peak tournament was Euro 2000, not 98 or 06. And during his time at Juve with Del Boy, he was simply magisterial.

Back