EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Any tips for defending subs?

I've only had the game a couple weeks and I've bumped up the difficulty a couple times, I'm fighting on pro now and I win probably 90% of my matches.

I fought Kamaru Usman and I was beating him silly on the feet but he would take me down and submit me in like the third round every time ( I would stuff about 16 of his 20ish takedowns ) and in the last match he had me in a crucifix for 3 and a half minutes lol his ground game is just smothering.. and even if my stamina is full he would still tap me out first try easily.

I have played every UFC game, and was quite good on the ground in them all, i don't even think im bad on this one he is just unbearable on the mat.

Help please lol

TBH against the computer, sometimes there isn't much you can do lol. It can feel pretty cheap but it's not like fighting a person, once in a while the game just decides it's going to hold you down and submit you and your only chance is never letting the sub attempt happen...easier said than done. I can escape 99% of subs against a real opponent but sometimes against the computer it's hard to even come close.

TBH against the computer, sometimes there isn't much you can do lol. It can feel pretty cheap but it's not like fighting a person, once in a while the game just decides it's going to hold you down and submit you and your only chance is never letting the sub attempt happen...easier said than done. I can escape 99% of subs against a real opponent but sometimes against the computer it's hard to even come close.

I'm glad you feel the same way lol because that's exactly how it is for me too.

Earlier I was fighting joe soto with duqeusnoy and I was piecing him up on the feet and stuffing every takedown, but he would get one takedown ( where I absolutely stuffed it but it didn't let me even try ) and he gogo'd me.. three times in a row lol and I couldn't escape any of them even tho I had full stamina.

I do have a problem defending transitions on the ground tho, they pass my guard at will and that is something I need to work on for sure.

They have added Kimbo Slice Matt Sera Cro cop and Tito Ortiz and Wanderlei Silva. They all have prime stats, some still look 50 years old though. But it is a nice surprise. It's not related to the announcement coming today though.

They have added Kimbo Slice Matt Sera Cro cop and Tito Ortiz and Wanderlei Silva. They all have prime stats, some still look 50 years old though. But it is a nice surprise. It's not related to the announcement coming today though.
Wow that was unexpected! Would have never thought that Tito and Wand would ever be in another UFC game because of their burned bridges; are we gonna see Randy next?

Also, frees up a couple CaF slots for me now
<Oku03>

I LOOOOVE the new fighters, but honestly Crocop and (especially, since the meta favors him) Wand seem overpowered. Tito too, looking at his stats, but got destroyed by a Wand with the quickness in my one fight as Tito.

Don’t get me wrong, I want them in their primes, but some downgrading is warranted.

I LOOOOVE the new fighters, but honestly Crocop and (especially, since the meta favors him) Wand seem overpowered. Tito too, looking at his stats, but got destroyed by a Wand with the quickness in my one fight as Tito.

Don’t get me wrong, I want them in their primes, but some downgrading is warranted.

Im OK with it, good to have more usable fighters online. Especially at HW and LHW there was slim pickins. JDS and DC all day long.

This is the first UFC since Undisputed 1 that I have not purchased yet. I’m not interested in online (too much rage from undisputed 1 and 2) and would mostly play for career and fighting CPU for the lols. I downloaded the game through EA Access a few months ago and it seemed like the pick up and play aspect of the series has gone to shit due to the new combo system. Last time I tried it I could not find an in game combo list during a quick play. Did they ever change that or are you suppose to just know the combos per level of striking iirc the combos are based on their striking levels? That was the deciding factor for me to not purchase because it felt so slow trying to create combos even if they were basic (jab, jab, cross or jab, cross, headkick etc)

I fought a wanderlei as KG and got floored by one head kick. Checked his stats and he has a fucking 98 speed and 96 power. Fuck you EA<codychoke>

The new additions are great!

It is criminal to have Tito with better striking than the iceman tho lol I get that it's his prime version but still.

I fought a wanderlei as KG and got floored by one head kick. Checked his stats and he has a fucking 98 speed and 96 power. Fuck you EA<codychoke>

Tito has better striking than chuck and grapples like DC lol, absurd.

The ankle pick also sucks.. Nerfing outside fighting yet again, it's basically undeniable.

Tito has better striking than chuck and grapples like DC lol, absurd.

The ankle pick also sucks.. Nerfing outside fighting yet again, it's basically undeniable.

I haven’t paid too much attention to this patch. Ankle picks? So now everyone looks like Romero? Why don’t they just fucking buff the speed of singles?

I haven’t paid too much attention to this patch. Ankle picks? So now everyone looks like Romero? Why don’t they just fucking buff the speed of singles?

It's basically the ankle pick Khabib did to al, but it's from very far away and hard to deny.

Doubles and singles are easier now too though, doubles if they are coming forward singles if they are moving away

I really can’t with this game

This guy just launching overhand after overhand. Stamina gone. Can’t even counter cause his third or fourth shot Still rocking me.

This guy just launching overhand after overhand. Stamina gone. Can’t even counter cause his third or fourth shot Still rocking me.

Wanderlei is OP and really fits the meta, but the player looks super predictable. Clearly intercepting knees didn't work out, but you had some success. A few stiff 1-2's might help in that matchup.

That said, they need to nerf the Icon fighters, particularly Wand

Spam jab + overhand is difficult to deal with. Constantly breaks your block and when you try to counter the jab interrupts your strike then you get blasted with an overhand.

The overhand needs to be nerfed it counters literally every strike you throw perfectly and never misses.

Spam jab + overhand is difficult to deal with. Constantly breaks your block and when you try to counter the jab interrupts your strike then you get blasted with an overhand.

The overhand needs to be nerfed it counters literally every strike you throw perfectly and never misses.

Yep it's crazy, supposedly they are aware and working on fixing it, but they said that a while ago so who knows what they will come up with.

This is the first UFC since Undisputed 1 that I have not purchased yet. I’m not interested in online (too much rage from undisputed 1 and 2) and would mostly play for career and fighting CPU for the lols. I downloaded the game through EA Access a few months ago and it seemed like the pick up and play aspect of the series has gone to shit due to the new combo system. Last time I tried it I could not find an in game combo list during a quick play. Did they ever change that or are you suppose to just know the combos per level of striking iirc the combos are based on their striking levels? That was the deciding factor for me to not purchase because it felt so slow trying to create combos even if they were basic (jab, jab, cross or jab, cross, headkick etc)

Every fighter has their combos listed in the pause menu I believe. And you don't need combos to be successful really, I rarely throw more than 2 strikes at a time. There is no combo multiplier like UFC 2, though strikes do come out super fast if you input a quick combo. That aspect is improved over UFC 2 IMO though.

You guys aren't very good if you can't even defend an overhand. Lmao I never get KO'd by overhands and people that try spamming on me I KO easy. The dev's need to stop bending everytime there's a problem a few people don't wanna take the time to learn to solve.

Like the jab straight before the last patch, I literally never lost a single time to a jab straight spammer, it was a non issue because they were easy to beat. Also @WalkenWouldOwn, if you add a third punch to your combos you will fuck shit up. I went from decisionator to KO machine in the first round when I started adding a 3rd punch to my combos.

HOLY FUCK DUCK MAN JESUS CHRIST LMAO

You have to meet assholes like that in the middle and get them moving backwards changes there whole gameplan

HOLY FUCK DUCK MAN JESUS CHRIST LMAO

You have to meet assholes like that in the middle and get them moving backwards changes there whole gameplan

Did you not see the uppercuts he was throwing, including the one that finished me? I can’t get the timing of overhands so I don’t bother doing anything other then blocking. They seem to track you whether you lunge backwards or to the opposite side and they take priority over any strike you throw. And I’m not about to stand and bang with wanderlei with uriah hall. If that guy had any other fighter I would have finished him but since Silva is OP he could just still rock me with 75% stamina gone

Back