Wu-Tang just never had a good follow up

Bamboozled

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hear me out, Enter the Wu-Tang/36 Chambers was one of, if not the best Hip Hop Albums ever made. But everything they did after was a cheap imitation. Now I think the solo albums are generally better than anything they made after that first album. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Hear me out, Enter the Wu-Tang/36 Chambers was one of, if not the best Hip Hop Albums ever made. But everything they did after was a cheap imitation. Now I think the solo albums are generally better than anything they made after that first album. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Wu Tang Forever was good but it wasn't like their debut.
But generally, every album they make is worse than the one before. But for the most part, most of their debut albums were top notch.

I thought Wu-Tang Forever was excellent but obviously not as ground breaking as 36 Chambers. I also think it didn't need to be a double album. There are a few average tracks on there that they could have left out and kept the best tracks to make 1 really strong album. The W had a few decent tracks but yeah the rest of the Albums afterwards were pretty bad.

Wu Tang isn't a typical rap group tough. I believe the intention was always for members to do solo albums. 36 chambers, classic that it is, was intended to promote the collective and provide everyone a springboard to launch their own work.

If you look at their discography of solo albums it's packed with classics - Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx, Supreme Clientele, Uncontrolled Substance etc etc.

Last edited:
forever is not a bad album and is certainly better than a lot of their subsequent albums as a collective. did it need to be a double album? probably not. but given the greatness that is 36, any release they put out will pale in comparison.

their debut solo albums on the other hand are pieces of art, follow-ups have been hit or miss.

wu tang beetl cross over was great

Conversations about groups like Wu Tang are pointless....
Because you get a bunch of geese who can't say anything bad about the group "Oh it was a great album! but it wasn't greater than the greatest album they had... but great at any rate".

Wu Tang isn't a typical rap group tough. I believe the intention was always for members to do solo albums. 36 chambers, classic that it is, was intended to promote the collective and provide everyone a springboard to launch their own work.

If you look at their discography of solo albums it's packed with classics - Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx, Supreme Clientele, Uncontrolled Substance etc etc.

Back