Where do you buy/listen to your music?

I have two external drives full of music and concert videos.

So mostly my personal library; I get new material from my buddy, in mp3 form. There are some artists we get all new releases on disc and we take turns paying for it.

I can't make myself steal music by ripping it.

I don’t feel good about it, but Apple will give me access to pretty much the entire history of recorded music for the price of one CD a month...

I don’t feel good about it, but Apple will give me access to pretty much the entire history of recorded music for the price of one CD a month...
Apple might have a song, but you might not be able to find it via search even if you spelled everything correctly. Their search sucks.

For years I've just downloaded shit but over the last couple months I've really gotten into buying cds again. I'm a Velvets nut so they were first on the list. I bought all the deluxe editions, then started in on the live stuff but most of what's out there either has terrible sound quality or it's just a repackage of what's already available. If you're looking for their live stuff get the 1969 albums or The Matrix Tapes. The Matrix Tapes are fuckin great but they're expensive, so get the 1969 albums if you just want to hear the Velvets live as they're basically compilations of the MTs.

I still like the original cd's and albums. The only good thing about Wallyworld is the 5 dollar bins. I just bought the entire Black Sabbath with Ozzy catalog for 40 bucks. Cheaper than downloading certain songs if you're paying for anything. They usually have decent stuff in there because the kids of today suck and that's great.

I bought all the Metallica records again too up till Reload. I've had these albums countless times over the years but when I see a Ride the Lightning or a Sabotage costing less than a cheap pack of smokes I can't say no. I cant regardless if I own it. I just won't open them for months.

I just got done buying a Metallica pit ticket for 350 and they've been on sale since almost Feb and the concert is in October and it's not sold out. Over half of the setlist is 80's material. I know they arent what they once were but I remember the days that it would sell out in a week or even a few hours. Fuck Ticketmaster. They never have good seating. I use the more expensive Stubhub and they never let me down. Wow this was long lol.

I prefer to buy music directly from the band, either at shows, or through their websites.

Listen? Youtube or my phone mostly.

When I do, Amazon Music or Google Play.

Back