Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks gorgeous, is Capcom onboard?

Lol, no way. This project is completely amateur, in fact it is only 2 guys, and they have been at it for almost 4 years. I applaud them for the hundreds if not thousands of hours spent.

But, Capcom isn't getting in their way. This project is mostly just texture updates and game publishers rarely ever go after those types of mods.

If you have a PC and haven't played RE4 in while, this is definitely worth it. The changes are subtle but you will find yourself stopping to look at random structures a lot more than you would have in the past because the textures are so sharp and detailed. Especially in the castle.

<LikeReally5>

Fn1bln.gif

I'm replaying on steam and bro, this game is good. The controls are perfect and everything has weight to it, from movement to when you shoot enemies. RE 6 feels so floaty and arcade like in comparison. I love how all your treasure and guns are shared across games. The graphics are also better but you have to remove the green filter with the enb mod first.

Does anyone else like to do no damage/no save runs?

Lol, no way. This project is completely amateur, in fact it is only 2 guys, and they have been at it for almost 4 years. I applaud them for the hundreds if not thousands of hours spent.

But, Capcom isn't getting in their way. This project is mostly just texture updates and game publishers rarely ever go after those types of mods.

If you have a PC and haven't played RE4 in while, this is definitely worth it. The changes are subtle but you will find yourself stopping to look at random structures a lot more than you would have in the past because the textures are so sharp and detailed. Especially in the castle.
Dope.

I'm replaying on steam and bro, this game is good. The controls are perfect and everything has weight to it, from movement to when you shoot enemies. RE 6 feels so floaty and arcade like in comparison. I love how all your treasure and guns are shared across games. The graphics are also better but you have to remove the green filter with the enb mod first.
I didnt finish 5 first time, recently replayed re4, and everything about that game is pure magic, some bits are still just as annoying but re4 feels so much faster than 5, so much better paced and the gameplay loop is s fun. Some things like the inventory management shows its age now, and the switching between guns on the fly like in 5 would be a much suted change.

I bought the RE pack in the sale for the PS4, re5 feels more zoomed out than it did on the ps3 maybe im trippin.
Hell the knife is garbage in 5, everything feels more tanky than I remember, no wonder I havent finished it. Imma give the game a chance because RE gameplay is always fun to me.
You would think RE4 would look worse artistically, but RE5 looks ugly as hell. RE4 looks as great as I remember.

Dope.

I didnt finish 5 first time, recently replayed re4, and everything about that game is pure magic, some bits are still just as annoying but re4 feels so much faster than 5, so much better paced and the gameplay loop is s fun. Some things like the inventory management shows its age now, and the switching between guns on the fly like in 5 would be a much suted change.

I bought the RE pack in the sale for the PS4, re5 feels more zoomed out than it did on the ps3 maybe im trippin.
Hell the knife is garbage in 5, everything feels more tanky than I remember, no wonder I havent finished it. Imma give the game a chance because RE gameplay is always fun to me.
You would think RE4 would look worse artistically, but RE5 looks ugly as hell. RE4 looks as great as I remember.

Weird. I feel exactly the opposite. 4 has an amazing setting with woods, a castle, mines, labs, etc, but RE 5 movement and realtime inventory is as good as it gets for me though. It's still perfect 8 years later. The memorable levels in 5 are actually the first few. I still remember when the original demo first released. I had to burn it on a single layer DVD and load it on my Xbox 360.

And also weird that you think the graphics suck. What platform are playing on? The character models alone are way better. In fact, Chris looks more detailed in 5 than he does in 6.

Weird. I feel exactly the opposite. 4 has an amazing setting with woods, a castle, mines, labs, etc, but RE 5 movement and realtime inventory is as good as it gets for me though. It's still perfect 8 years later. The memorable levels in 5 are actually the first few. I still remember when the original demo first released. I had to burn it on a single layer DVD and load it on my Xbox 360.

And also weird that you think the graphics suck. What platform are playing on? The character models alone are way better. In fact, Chris looks more detailed in 5 than he does in 6.
Im playing on the PS4.

I never said the inventory syste was worse, I just think the RE4 inventory system shouldve been updated with the remaster by allowing us to add healing, guns to the directional buttons like RE5. Then allow us to mix when we actually go into full inventory.

I forgot you could change speed in the settings, but without changing its a lot slower than RE4, now that Ive played RE4 before RE5.

Im think its just the more realistic graphics look ok, but I think the art style is a bit meh, the bloom etc and colour palette looks drab. I remember thinking it looked great back in 2009, but then again PS3 games all look boring, brown-y and drab now. Resistance looks terrible, but I used to think it looked amazing.

Does anyone else like to do no damage/no save runs?
I’ve actually started watching a few on YouTube. Pretty interesting stuff.

Best I’ve done was a knife only run in REmaster.

I still believe that resident evil as a whole lost a lot of momentum vs dead space 1.

Movement and atmosphere were on a totally different level than resident evil, I haven't played the last 2 of them, but I played the demo of the 7th i believe, but i didn't felt compelled to play the full game.

Dead space was the resident evil we were waiting for, and we received RE5. I'm still salty about that one.

And I'm also salty about DS2 and 3.

I still believe that resident evil as a whole lost a lot of momentum vs dead space 1.

Movement and atmosphere were on a totally different level than resident evil, I haven't played the last 2 of them, but I played the demo of the 7th i believe, but i didn't felt compelled to play the full game.

Dead space was the resident evil we were waiting for, and we received RE5. I'm still salty about that one.

And I'm also salty about DS2 and 3.

Dead Space 1 and 2 were amazing. It's really terrible how EA fired the entire development team like that. RE5 still rules though.

RE5 was a great coop game. On its own though? Meh.

RE5 was a great coop game. On its own though? Meh.

As great as RE4 is, I've only played through completely 3 times. I 've beaten RE5 at least 6 times if not more, and played mostly as single player.

RE4 may be a bit scarier and the setting is great but it's still an action game and to me RE5 does it better with better controls, inventory, and Wesker and Jill. If RE4 had Claire in it, maybe I'd give it the edge but Leon on his own is not good enough.

RE5 gets so much better if you play it with a friend. I bought it right when it came out, and that entire summer I was over at my buddies house playing it with him and his roommates. We put some serious hours in, some of the most fun I've ever had in a coop game. The controls and inventory sharing were tight and everything felt very polished and high quality. Last RE game I enjoyed.

I put about 2 hours into RE6 before I just said fuck it and played Xcom instead. I forced myself to finish RE7, but goddamn that game was no fun at all. Shit story, shit enemies, boring combat. The first hour or two was ok, then it just falls off a cliff. Still want my money and time back for that one.

Hot garbage.

Man, I remember when RE2 was THE game everyone was talking about and wanting to play. I recall playing the shit out of the demo and couldn’t wait for the full game to be out. A game that totally lived up to the hype and then some.

I remember my first time seeing it on a demo console at a game store as a kid and being fascinated by it. Also I remember that I couldn't understand why the game cover art featured some angry looking dude with a gun when the whole game was about zombies. Completely a groundbreaking and influential game in my video game journey. Still have it on my Ps1 and its still just as much fun as it was years back when it came out. Classic.

I finished my replay of RE4 in short burst over a couple of days, I just kept looking forward to playing it and every minute was a joy.

Its the 6th day and Im on only 3-1 of RE5, ffs this game never grips me.

I finished my replay of RE4 in short burst over a couple of days, I just kept looking forward to playing it and every minute was a joy.

Its the 6th day and Im on only 3-1 of RE5, ffs this game never grips me.
You gotta play it with a friend. It's seriously great as a coop action game. One of the best ever.

Resident Evil Dead Aim is one of my favorite games. Never met anyone else that enjoyed it.

You gotta play it with a friend. It's seriously great as a coop action game. One of the best ever.
Ehh, RE5's coop days are over. No one does coop nowadays.

RE4>>>>>>>>RE5
I forced myself to finish RE7, but goddamn that game was no fun at all. Shit story, shit enemies, boring combat. The first hour or two was ok, then it just falls off a cliff. Still want my money and time back for that one.
This is blasphemous.

RE7>>>>>RE5.

Ehh, RE5's coop days are over. No one does coop nowadays.

RE4>>>>>>>>RE5

This is blasphemous.

RE7>>>>>RE5.
Well it's subjective but I absolutely hated RE7. Put it slightly above six because I couldn't even force myself to play that, but I really didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back