Bellator 201 Does 466k

Viacom did not air Bellator livein other time zones because they did not deem Bellator important enough to mess up their schedulre for.

Spike knew UFC was carrying the platform.

No matter what Coker BS, Viacom sees Bellator as inexpensive programming on the two lowest rated TV nights.

Yeah with Bjorn there was no international vision with Coker it opened up the globe a bit plus he helped garner even more broadcasting rights in more countries.Weve seen a dedication to the UK,ireland,and a few other fringe areas but I've been hearing Canada,Russia,and even a possible Japanese Rizin/bellator copromotee show in saitama super arena.

The growth of bellator hasn't been flawless with such a smaller crew they've stumbled along the way but seems like digitally they are getting their shit together.

With even more emphasis being focused on international markets moving forward it will be interesting to see how things play out.Bellator is inexpensive programming for them but they definitely have more prominence then when Bjorn was in house and since this DAZN deal we won't be dealing with tape delays so it opens up the possibilities.

Now that they have some financial stability it seems they have a good plan set in moving forward it will be fun watching it come to fruition.

Higher than I expected since there weren’t any big names on the card, and it was headlined by a WMMA event. Either way, Paramount can’t sustain Bellator on its own anymore.

It depends what sports they can eventually get on it, golf, soccer, tennis, basketball, baseball, boxing, e sports etc, they all hit different demographs, it will cost billions probably but Amazon & Netflix pay millions for shows people aren't interested in. I watch the odd thing on Netflix and feel it's worth the money, 90% of the stuff I'm not interested in and Netflix pays shit load for all that content but they cater for nearly everyone.

So Far Dazn has only been able to sign sports that no other real networks want. Eddie hearns boxing, super series, bellator.

None of the boxing networks even bothered with the super series, nobody was looking to by all of eddie hearns events and if the owner of bellator is selling the programming outside of its own networks that shows their level of interest.

but if the 33m figure is even close to true thats a huge amount of money. if they're paying 33m/yr You'd have to believe they're getting equity in bellator as well.

LOL . WTF? Its another sub 500k show and Meltzer thinks she's might be some sort of draw? If she did 600 or 700k compared to everyone else then yeah you might be on to something but she did basically what everyone else has done except for the Fedor show and the Chandler show which was an anomaly.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/...ima-lei-macfarlane-could-be-draw-for-bellator

Actually he is correct:
In a follow-up of my MMA Fighting article on Tuesday and notes in the new Observer, the Ilima-Lei Macfarlane vs. Alejandra Lara main event hit 800,000 viewers at its peak including DVR +3 viewing and was up 17 percent in Males 18-49 compared to the prior non-major show.

Last edited:
Yeah with Bjorn there was no international vision with Coker it opened up the globe a bit plus he helped garner even more broadcasting rights in more countries.Weve seen a dedication to the UK,ireland,and a few other fringe areas but I've been hearing Canada,Russia,and even a possible Japanese Rizin/bellator copromotee show in saitama super arena.

The growth of bellator hasn't been flawless with such a smaller crew they've stumbled along the way but seems like digitally they are getting their shit together.

With even more emphasis being focused on international markets moving forward it will be interesting to see how things play out.Bellator is inexpensive programming for them but they definitely have more prominence then when Bjorn was in house and since this DAZN deal we won't be dealing with tape delays so it opens up the possibilities.

Now that they have some financial stability it seems they have a good plan set in moving forward it will be fun watching it come to fruition.

Agree with all you wrote

Actually he is correct:
In a follow-up of my MMA Fighting article on Tuesday and notes in the new Observer, the Ilima-Lei Macfarlane vs. Alejandra Lara main event hit 800,000 viewers at its peak including DVR +3 viewing and was up 17 percent in Males 18-49 compared to the prior non-major show.

Yeah she very well could be a draw to an extent.

My question is.......did woman tune in and watch?

Paramount higher viewers are related to more demographics being targeted then when it was a male oriented channel like spike. Rumor had it the reason they did this wmma heavy card with little to no name power was to see if they could garner more female viewers.

Personally I thought it was going to bomb something like 300k or 250k but the numbers weren't actually bad considering the card quality.

Yeah she very well could be a draw to an extent.

My question is.......did woman tune in and watch?

Paramount higher viewers are related to more demographics being targeted then when it was a male oriented channel like spike. Rumor had it the reason they did this wmma heavy card with little to no name power was to see if they could garner more female viewers.

Personally I thought it was going to bomb something like 300k or 250k but the numbers weren't actually bad considering the card quality.

Well, the rest of the card had to be in the 250-300k range if that fight did 800k

Viacom did not air Bellator livein other time zones because they did not deem Bellator important enough to mess up their schedulre for.

Spike knew UFC was carrying the platform.

No matter what Coker BS, Viacom sees Bellator as inexpensive programming on the two lowest rated TV nights.

bbbut Viacome money?! Bigger than the UFC?!

I never liked when companies like WME and Viacom bought into MMA.
They are not fans, have no interest in the sports (btw does anybody from Viacom or WME attend the fights regularly?) its just a way to make money / content for them.

bbbut Viacome money?! Bigger than the UFC?!

I never liked when companies like WME and Viacom bought into MMA.
They are not fans, have no interest in the sports (btw does anybody from Viacom or WME attend the fights regularly?) its just a way to make money / content for them.

100%

You know I said that for years about Bellator & at the time of the sale about WME.

only difference is, one made a shitload & the other lost monery

To be honest, I skipped this card. I’m happy it did well.

Good numbers for this card

Bellator 201 first posted ratings were 466,000 live viewers, then with adjusted numbers came back at 710,000 viewers. I, for one, do not like how Scott Coker's Bellator regime has basically pushed everything ex-UFC past their prime fighters to the forefront and basically any fighter of the previous Bellator regime to the background having to keep climbing their way up. And I hate the constant squash matches Scott Coker's Bellator regime keeps putting together for the fighters they are trying to build up. I just don't see people paying DAZN to watch Bellator.

Bellator 201 first posted ratings were 466,000 live viewers, then with adjusted numbers came back at 710,000 viewers.

That is not true

The main event did 700k ave
Not the show

this number isnt that bad considering The Ultimate Fighter Finale on Friday did 499K.

Ilima-Lei is very charismatic. Amazing how a many doubt her drawing power. Then again, se me hose propels doubt the drawing power of women fighters in general, which is dumb, considering how well they do on network/cable tv.

Ilima-Lei is very charismatic. Amazing how a many doubt her drawing power. Then again, se me hose propels doubt the drawing power of women fighters in general, which is dumb, considering how well they do on network/cable tv.

There may be other factors in her popularity

Ilima-Lei-MacFarlane-700x400.jpg

its also the faithful Hawaiian crowd, reminds me of when tavares said they would support a Hawaiian paint dryer if there was a paint drying competition or something like that. would love to see them have an event in Hawaii with her but they'd need to sign more Hawaiian fighters i think to add to the card

Back