Takanori Gomi vs Melvin Guillard added to Rizin 11

That's my fault, I made a screenshot at this moment. This is from video on facebook, I can't share it.
Try to search the name of the event.
You'll clearly see that Guillard is way bigger.
I took the above GIF trying to be objective. From my perspective, on fight night Melvin had a bit of height. Jackson a bit more muscle.

Regardless of how those two size up, I still feel that overall Guillard is too small to be fighting at middleweight.

Last edited:
I took the above GIF trying to be objective. From my perspective, on fight night Melvin had a bit of height. Jackson a bit more muscle.

Regardless of how those two size up, I still feel that overall Guillard is too small to be fighting at middleweight.

Here, maybe this one will work:

Here, maybe this one will work:

Yeah I don't see anything. I see the facebook ID when I quote it but can't get it to play. Regardless I watched the fight yesterday. What is it of?

Acoording to Tapology Guillard is 176cm to Jacksons 173cm.
They are basically both Welterweights at this point I guess. Adesanya could probably make WW as well.

The differnece is that Guillard has been fighting 10 years longer and imo it doesn't really make a difference anymore at which weight he fightsin regard to his career, although he might get a few more KOs at 155 or 170

Yeah I don't see anything. I see the facebook ID when I quote it but can't get it to play. Regardless I watched the fight yesterday. What is it of?

their weigh ins. Oh well , never mind.

I guess we can both agree here that this time , Guillard was not slain by a giant :)

It’s pretty sad that people are saying this is a good match up. I understand that people miss Pride but Rizin is 100% dogshit.

The more of their recent fights I see, the more I think Gomi is the one in trouble.

Brandon Girtz is a stud??

Tough guy but not a fighter I would consider a stud
More fair to say that Guillard has overall been facing solid competition.
Definitely a few tough challenges in there.

Last edited:
I think the matchup is fairly even, it would be best for Rizin to get a Gomi win out of this.
Despite Guillard's record, he's had a few decent moments, and tried toughing out a few beatdowns for longer than most probably recall.

giphy.gif

Gomi on the other hand hasn't lasted more than 2:37 in any of his last 6 regardless of opponent. He's very vulnerable to knockdowns, and I think Guillard is still skilled enough to take advantage of that.

Despite Guillard's record, he's had a few decent moments, and tried toughing out a few beatdowns for longer than most probably recall.

giphy.gif

Gomi on the other hand hasn't lasted more than 2:37 in any of his last 6 regardless of opponent. He's very vulnerable to knockdowns, and I think Guillard is still skilled enough to take advantage of that.

God that would be so depressing.

Gillard too big. MG by KO, unless yakuza involvement.

Back