Shadowboxing video

Sano

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Sup guys, it's me again lol.

Shadowboxing from today, shitty camera and angsty music. I had to cut the first few minutes out because it was too long for anyones attention span.

Trying to work the knees more and flow with everything, but I need to practice the knees in isolation and on pads (@shincheckin). Been working a lot more on lateral movement, and it's starting to pay off. I feel like my movement is getting better.

As always, comments and critique welcomed.

Last edited:

Shadowboxing from today, shitty camera and angsty music. I had to cut the first few minutes out because it was too long for anyones attention span.

Trying to work the knees more and flow with everything, but I need to practice the knees in isolation and on pads (@shincheckin). Been working a lot more on lateral movement, and it's starting to pay off. I feel like my movement is getting better.

It's a bit long......the song

ahhh so much better!!! now theres power in those knees.

The knee you did at 5 seconds, a lead leg knee without switching, theres no power in it, generally speaking. That being said, it can be done and thrown with power, obviously not as much as with a switch. I have used the lead leg knee without switching in a fight. Not to jack your thread, well move further discussion on it to the knee thread. anyways good job dude, try and rip some on the bag next time you get a chance as well, Im interested to see if you can feel a difference.

ahhh so much better!!! now theres power in those knees.

The knee you did at 5 seconds, a lead leg knee without switching, theres no power in it, generally speaking. That being said, it can be done and thrown with power, obviously not as much as with a switch. I have used the lead leg knee without switching in a fight. Not to jack your thread, well move further discussion on it to the knee thread. anyways good job dude, try and rip some on the bag next time you get a chance as well, Im interested to see if you can feel a difference.
Thanks man. Yeah I'll throw up a video or two down the road when I get some padwork in with knees or on a bag. I am starting up working with a friend of mine again and teaching him, and at the same time I'll be visiting a gym and doing private lessons with another old friend of mine who's legit. Finally I will have gloves! ;)

Last edited:
I liked how you have picked on lateral movement and hitting. Great job!

I liked how you have picked on lateral movement and hitting. Great job!
Haha yep inspired by the Cuban thread and other things. Just working more on footwork drills, moving laterally, backwards and having different steps and angles. It's amazing how good it feels and how it opens up your options. I'll keep working and get better!

Haha yep inspired by the Cuban thread and other things. Just working more on footwork drills, moving laterally, backwards and having different steps and angles. It's amazing how good it feels and how it opens up your options. I'll keep working and get better!
It is very impressive. Me and my neibourgh have been discussing it for months and trying to get it correctly for awhile. I still do it conciously on spars and is not a.second nature of.mine. And here comes Sano with a few weeks of practice being very fluid on it. Bravo.

I feel your jabs are arm punch-ish you could definitely get more range in them if you extend fully. You're tall for your weight clsss, use the reach

Dont get any funny ideas, you're still a manlet here

Footwork and flow is fluid, that's good. Knee needs to have your weight more forward, you tend to be back leg heavy and you're not shifting on the knee so it has no sting. On the kick retract faster, you're retracting slower and kinda admiring your work, throe and recover asap.

It is very impressive. Me and my neibourgh have been discussing it for months and trying to get it correctly for awhile. I still do it conciously on spars and is not a.second nature of.mine. And here comes Sano with a few weeks of practice being very fluid on it. Bravo.
Thanks man, it's all about learning. The fun thing is that the longer you train for, the easier it gets to pick up new things. At least for me that is the case, as long as you keep your mind open to it.

I feel your jabs are arm punch-ish you could definitely get more range in them if you extend fully. You're tall for your weight clsss, use the reach

Dont get any funny ideas, you're still a manlet here

Footwork and flow is fluid, that's good. Knee needs to have your weight more forward, you tend to be back leg heavy and you're not shifting on the knee so it has no sting. On the kick retract faster, you're retracting slower and kinda admiring your work, throe and recover asap.
Thanks for the critique! I'll work on retracting the kicks faster and the weight shifting.

Last edited:
Too much on the front foot. Stance is too wide. Stance not squared enough on your 'opponent'. Because of this your ability to drive your hip in with your kicks and knees is impaired and it results in less power and less balance especially in your kicks and knees.

Last edited:
I know you're a busy man @Sinister , but any offhand comments?

Overall form looks good, most of what I'd say would sound nit-picky to most but if you were in front of me I'd say close your feet a bit, keep your right foot under your right hand in resting position (as opposed to back), and turn your knees and hips more with your punches. You won't notice a huge difference in shadowboxing, but if you retain the form when hitting something, you'll notice a big difference.

Overall form looks good, most of what I'd say would sound nit-picky to most but if you were in front of me I'd say close your feet a bit, keep your right foot under your right hand in resting position (as opposed to back), and turn your knees and hips more with your punches. You won't notice a huge difference in shadowboxing, but if you retain the form when hitting something, you'll notice a big difference.
Thanks man, much appreciated!

You are loose and graceful and I love it that you focus so much on your defences and positions in your shadow work. The only thing that I noticed was that when you stepped your lead foot across and in front of your lead foot, your balance and momentum gets stuck for a moment. I saw this 3 or 4 times. I wonder what you were trying to achieve with that movement? Is there some way to achieve this same purpose but without that "stuck" position?

You are loose and graceful and I love it that you focus so much on your defences and positions in your shadow work. The only thing that I noticed was that when you stepped your lead foot across and in front of your lead foot, your balance and momentum gets stuck for a moment. I saw this 3 or 4 times. I wonder what you were trying to achieve with that movement? Is there some way to achieve this same purpose but without that "stuck" position?
Not to bump this thread unnecessarily, I've gotten good responses, but do you mean at 1:31-1:36ish or? What I'm trying to do fake a switch kick and then use the right hand instead.

Not to bump this thread unnecessarily, I've gotten good responses, but do you mean at 1:31-1:36ish or? What I'm trying to do fake a switch kick and then use the right hand instead.
No but you did it once just before that at 1:27. Your front foot comes across in front of your rear foot and then your lead foot does this momentary twisting movement. It looked like you hurt your ankle for a moment which threw off your balance. You also did a lesser version at 1:00 and at 1:54 (though with extra watching I think you were just being not trip on the weights). I think initially I was probably too harsh in my assessment of these two but the one at 1:27 still jars me. What were you attempting to do at that one?

No but you did it once just before that at 1:27. Your front foot comes across in front of your rear foot and then your lead foot does this momentary twisting movement. It looked like you hurt your ankle for a moment which threw off your balance. You also did a lesser version at 1:00 and at 1:54 (though with extra watching I think you were just being not trip on the weights). I think initially I was probably too harsh in my assessment of these two but the one at 1:27 still jars me. What were you attempting to do at that one?
Oh yeah I'm just crossing my feet for no reason really. I think I'm just being lazy, I generally don't think crossing your feet is a good idea, at least you have to train to always have your stance under you (which helps you with your footwork anyway). Thanks!

Last edited:
Back