Kurt Osiander not teaching at Ralph Gracie SF anymore

It’ll be interesting to see who stays loyal to Ralph and who follows Kurt to his new academy. And I wonder who Ralph will put in charge of the SF academy.

It’ll be interesting to see who stays loyal to Ralph and who follows Kurt to his new academy. And I wonder who Ralph will put in charge of the SF academy.

This is crazy.

At least Ralph is older now, had this been when he was younger, there would be punches thrown.

I wonder if Ralph is allowing Kurt to leave on friendly terms. Kurt was part of the original team with all the legends.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ralph is allowing Kurt to leave on friendly terms. Kurt was part of the original team with all the legends.

According to the podcast, Kurt said he was fired

According to the podcast, Kurt said he was fired

Yeah, that’s messed up. You don’t just fire your own black belt that you raised and have taught for over 20 years, that’s crazy. When Ralph owns a grudge he owns a grudge, Kurt having his own school only solidifies it.

Apparently Ralph sold the SF location. Kurt wouldn’t go along with the changes and thus was fired. So it doesn’t seem like Ralph was the one doing the firing.

Apparently Ralph sold the SF location. Kurt wouldn’t go along with the changes and thus was fired. So it doesn’t seem like Ralph was the one doing the firing.

From reddit there is rumor about it becoming a GB. But nothing constituting real evidence at this point.

Kurt is a reason to train at a place. Looks like the new school is in bendover city as well so I am sure most people will stay loyal to Kurt. Hopefully he makes more cheddar with his own school.

From reddit there is rumor about it becoming a GB. But nothing constituting real evidence at this point.

Kurt is a reason to train at a place. Looks like the new school is in bendover city as well so I am sure most people will stay loyal to Kurt. Hopefully he makes more cheddar with his own school.

For all the work Kurt has put into jiu jits, he should own his own school and no longer play the role of head instructor. He should be at a point in his life where he’s collecting some decent money, nobody can accuse him of being money hungry or a sell out.

Kurt worked hard for his success and this is a big next step for him. He deserves this.

What happens to RG SF will be revealed slowly, but some rumors posted are in the right ballpark.

Tattoo Parlor/BJJ school. Your rank and stripes get tattooed on your body.

A couple thoughts - seems like this is best for everybody. Kurt deserves to own his own gym and be himself when he teaches. I'm sure a lot of the consensus will be favoring Kurt, but I'm not so quick to shame Ralph and/or whoever the new instructor is there. The cussing, pot-smoking, metal-music blasting is cool to see from afar but probably (definitely) isn't the best experience for everyone. There are three sides to every story. I listened to the interview and Kurt said something like "they told me I was getting way too fucked up all the time". There's a whole other rabbit hole to go down.

Also, based on some things I've seen on social media there isn't the mass exodus following Kurt like I thought there would be. Seems like a lot of students are staying with RGSF.

More fuel to the fire...

Well, theres a lot to this story, it isn't as simple as its presented....which is why I don't think it should have been presented at all. The truth of the situation isn't for public consumption, a simple "we've parted ways" would have been better.

Posts like that will only fuel speculation, cause parts of the story that are flattering for the person telling it to come out, and the internet drama factory intensifies.

I'll definitely visit kurts new gym when I am in sf, that guy is awesome

Well it depends on how quickly he opens his new gym. Then we would have a better idea on whos story is true. It takes time to find a location, negotiate the contract, get all of your paperwork right, get the interior done, ect. If this school opens quickly ; I think we will have a better idea.

A couple thoughts - seems like this is best for everybody. Kurt deserves to own his own gym and be himself when he teaches. I'm sure a lot of the consensus will be favoring Kurt, but I'm not so quick to shame Ralph and/or whoever the new instructor is there. The cussing, pot-smoking, metal-music blasting is cool to see from afar but probably (definitely) isn't the best experience for everyone. There are three sides to every story. I listened to the interview and Kurt said something like "they told me I was getting way too fucked up all the time". There's a whole other rabbit hole to go down.

Also, based on some things I've seen on social media there isn't the mass exodus following Kurt like I thought there would be. Seems like a lot of students are staying with RGSF.

Kurt just posted a video about him finishing up his school this coming week so it is not even open for people to change to yet. Also there are probably contracts and paid months and etc.

maybe ralph wanted to introduce some f@ggot shit at the gym..

So is it true Ralph sold his school to Gracie Barra?

Fall outs happen all the time. It’s not the first time and it’s not the last. It’s sad that this happened but it might be best for everyone involved that it did.

Back