Karate combat organization oppinions

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I recently watched an event called karate combat inception, and it is basically the big leagues for karate. After 6 centuries i believe they finally created a big stage for karate. All styles of karate. And it looks like it has the potential to be as good, if not better then mma.

They got takedowns in it, they have a whole fight area called the pit, your allowed to ground and pound (but only for 5 secs) your allowed to knock a motherfucker out. And you can leg kick, throw uppercuts and hooks, a long with spinning back fist.

Now this new found combat sport looks really fun to fight in but it is still coming a long, what does everybody think of it? Do you guys think it could be more popular then mma or as popular as mma? Theirs, only 2 events right now on YouTube, so it's still in it's beta stage. And I believe their still changing and making new rules to the sport.

Edit: for anybody that's not familiar with the event here is the link:

Their was like I believe 2 knock outs in this event.

Last edited:
Wait why did they post a thread on karate combat in the ufc discussion? I feel like it would be more appropriate in the muay thai and kickboxing forum.

will fail.
Why do you say that? I think they could (potentially) be successful if they manage to make a ruleset that fosters a striking style not usually seen in Kickboxing or MMA. It probably won't be crazy and flashy like American Kickboxing, but I think it could work. Not a ton of people will watch, but at least I will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've heard from 2 different French fighters who are in Karate Combat that the WKF has had a serious meeting about Karate Combat at the last French championships and have decided that they would boycott Karate Combat and that athletes who participate in Karate Combat would be banned from WKF competitions. Quite harsh but not surprising...

Why do you say that? I think they could (potentially) be successful if they manage to make a ruleset that fosters a striking style not usually seen in Kickboxing or MMA. It probably won't be crazy and flashy like American Kickboxing, but I think it could work. Not a ton of people will watch, but at least I will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

because the market is already saturated with enough rulesets, covering most bases. I don't think anyone except a couple few will get excited about sloppy kickboxing with ground and pound.

aside from that, the production itself looks unpolished and super cheesy. I think the people running it, don't know where to go with it.

Last edited:
I've heard from 2 different French fighters who are in Karate Combat that the WKF has had a serious meeting about Karate Combat at the last French championships and have decided that they would boycott Karate Combat and that athletes who participate in Karate Combat would be banned from WKF competitions. Quite harsh but not surprising...

That's cold as hell, and very petty.

because the market is already saturated with enough rulesets, covering most bases. I don't think anyone except a couple few will get excited about sloppy kickboxing with ground and pound.

aside from that, the production itself looks unpolished and super cheesy. I think the people running it, don't know where to go with it.

Pretty fair points there, can't really disagree with you haha. Admittedly, I have a soft spot for Karate so I kinda want it to grow, but you're right.

Pretty fair points there, can't really disagree with you haha. Admittedly, I have a soft spot for Karate so I kinda want it to grow, but you're right.

It will grow, the reason why karate isn't as popular as kickboxing and mma, is because karate has mostly light contact competition and practically way less violent then a combat sport. Karate combat will make karate more popular then either kickboxing or mma, because once it starts evolving more their will be more moves they can do and will be more tactics and strategies to make the fights more entertaining and possibly more brutal.

It will grow, the reason why karate isn't as popular as kickboxing and mma, is because karate has mostly light contact competition and practically way less violent then a combat sport. Karate combat will make karate more popular then either kickboxing or mma, because once it starts evolving more their will be more moves they can do and will be more tactics and strategies to make the fights more entertaining and possibly more brutal.

<{Joewithit}>

I'd rather watch Karate based guys fight in modern Kickboxing rules, which they are already doing. All these people that seem to love Karate don't even realize that.

I'd rather watch Karate based guys fight in modern Kickboxing rules, which they are already doing. All these people that seem to love Karate don't even realize that.

Well it's not that they don't want to watch karate fighters fight in kickboxing it's that it's a stage for all styles of karate that resembles mma, it's basically mixed karate arts. It should blow up in the next 2 years though, if they get more knock outs.

So basically MMA with long pants. And i like the limo entrance it reminds me of the movie Lionheart and that whole underground fight club for rich people.

I think it's pretty cool. The rules should encourage fights to look a bit like martial arts films I loved as a teenager.

Back