One pair of gloves for everything

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My gearbag is already huge. Shinguards, shoes, mouthpiece, headgear, cup, jumprope, wraps, gloves.

Is it really that bad to use one pair of gloves? Somehow I lost one of my gloves recently. It must have fallen out and I didn't notice.

I'd rather just get one nice pair of gloves like winning (what I have for my headgear and cup) than two cheaper ones.

Am I going to ruin my winning gloves if I use them on the heavybag?

Also, is Velcro ok? I got laces for my last gloves and used a velcro converter. Wwyd

Last edited:
I decided to just accept that I'll need 2 pairs of gloves and ordered bgv9s for bag. Will visit kazumichi for sparring gloves when my wallet is ready.

Since I still have my left glove for sparring, I'm thinking about getting a cheap, right glove only. My left is a custom order from top boxer, 16oz, lace up that I use a velcro converter with.

Is this 14oz right side glove a bad idea?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172384721820

Lol .For bag/mitts only? Sure.

But with such a low quality right glove like that, I would definitely use a high quality knuckle guard such as Winning NG2 or Skulltec green model.

I actually use a combination of the 2 knuckle guards by stripping away the nylon band of the NG2s, then taping the remains (dual layer sheets) onto a single layer of the Skulltec greens.

Phenomenal protection, but I primarily use them with pro fight gloves.

On another note... I have a right hand 16oz velcro Cleto Reyes extra padding glove in near new condition... saw it on ebay last year and snatched it for $55 .

Let me know if interested lol.

Nah mitts might fuck your wrists up forever...

I actually use a combination of the 2 knuckle guards by stripping away the nylon band of the NG2s, then taping the remains (dual layer sheets) onto a single layer of the Skulltec greens.

Phenomenal protection, but I primarily use them with pro fight gloves.

Out of curiosity, which pro fight gloves do you use that allow you to fit so many knuckle guards? Does this combination of pro fight gloves + knuckle guards offer enough protection for bag work?

Out of curiosity, which pro fight gloves do you use that allow you to fit so many knuckle guards? Does this combination of pro fight gloves + knuckle guards offer enough protection for bag work?

I have seen people at my gym use the Skulltecs with MX Gloves pro fight gloves, Powerlock pro fight gloves, and Grant pro fight gloves. They were 10oz.

Nah mitts might fuck your wrists up forever...

Wrong. You need to build up your strength and work on technique if you are worried about your wrists. Sand bucket exercises and knuckle pushups will help.

Also water bags are very forgiving but you can still jack something up if you're limp wristed or are not using proper technique.

I have seen a person break their forearm on the heavy bag working with a wrap and 16's.

<mma4> .

Imo, Everlast MX 10 oz pro fight gloves have the most room for an oversized training wrap, then Grant and lastly Cleto's are tight, at least that is my opinion.

The Everlast MX pro fight gloves have plenty of room for that.

And it's not like the knuckle guard combination I'm using is much bigger than a standalone NG2 or Skulltec alone. That's because I'm simply discarding the blue elastic band of the NG2's, and only using 1 layer of the Skulltec green model. This way, it's only thicker than either product by a very slim margin.

Yes I get more than enough protection for full power on the heavybags.

But then again, my primary glove is Winning 10oz pro fight gloves, which I've used on and off since 2014. Very broken in by this point, worn out and still offer good protection for a fight glove.

Hi guys, girls, since I have insufficient privileges to post here I hope I can ask my question here.

The other day I was walking in Amsterdam, looking for new boxing gloves. A dude told me he had not seen anything like the new Hayabusa. So, I did my research, came across another shop in the Netherlands, and there too they told me to get Hayabusa.

All reviews on the internet are all super excited about this brand.. Until I reached sherdog. Bad quality control is what I read. Even worse then Venum. etc.

Now, I have windy's and feel like buying some new gloves. I can't get boons, I can't get winning (probably to much for me anyway, I am a recreational boxer), .. So I am a bit stuck with brands like Fairtex, Twins, Hayabusa, Venum...

I was on the bridge of buying the Haya's eventhough the price was a bit high. Are they really that terrible? And what brand should I be looking at? I do western boxing, with sometimes a bit muay thai.

Hi guys, girls, since I have insufficient privileges to post here I hope I can ask my question here.

The other day I was walking in Amsterdam, looking for new boxing gloves. A dude told me he had not seen anything like the new Hayabusa. So, I did my research, came across another shop in the Netherlands, and there too they told me to get Hayabusa.

All reviews on the internet are all super excited about this brand.. Until I reached sherdog. Bad quality control is what I read. Even worse then Venum. etc.

Now, I have windy's and feel like buying some new gloves. I can't get boons, I can't get winning (probably to much for me anyway, I am a recreational boxer), .. So I am a bit stuck with brands like Fairtex, Twins, Hayabusa, Venum...

I was on the bridge of buying the Haya's eventhough the price was a bit high. Are they really that terrible? And what brand should I be looking at? I do western boxing, with sometimes a bit muay thai.

Hayabusa are far from being terrible. The T3 are pretty good. Sure there is some bad stiching sometime, but nothing that could compromise the longevity on the gloves. Personally I find the wrist support to be too good. I know it sounds weird, but I prefer a bit of flexibility.

Venum Giant 3.0 are really good gloves. A bit wide inside, but really good overall.

Hayabusa are far from being terrible. The T3 are pretty good. Sure there is some bad stiching sometime, but nothing that could compromise the longevity on the gloves. Personally I find the wrist support to be too good. I know it sounds weird, but I prefer a bit of flexibility.

Venum Giant 3.0 are really good gloves. A bit wide inside, but really good overall.

Perhaps just a matter of luck finding a couple of posts calling the Hayabusa's not great. Venum would be a lot cheaper with their 70 euro versus 130 euro for the T3's. The only venum's I can find are the Venum elite's

Perhaps just a matter of luck finding a couple of posts calling the Hayabusa's not great. Venum would be a lot cheaper with their 70 euro versus 130 euro for the T3's. The only venum's I can find are the Venum elite's

I think the main problem with Hayabusa is the price tag. Charging that amount for sometime botch stiching is pissing of people.

I don't have experience with the Elite, but from a past review by @iFossil, the only negative was they did not breath and were hot as hell inside. But at the same time some Pros are using them, so why not us regular guys lol

Back