Is this kind of kick an actual thing that's used?

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
I know they make up a lot of wild moves for film that aren't practical or something anyone would actually do in a fight, but this one always struck me as kinda brutal. They sold it pretty well, and it looks realistic.

would this be legal in mma?

Looks like a tobi kansetsu geri - (jumping) dislocation kick. Sure, why not? Who would have thought the showtime kick would ever be pulled off in a real fight?

I know they make up a lot of wild moves for film that aren't practical or something anyone would actually do in a fight, but this one always struck me as kinda brutal. They sold it pretty well, and it looks realistic.

It wouldn't work, more than once, if you faced another opponent they would just get a little Japanese guy to rub it better between rounds.........

It's a flying sidekick aimed low.

/thread

The funny thing about the Karate Kid is that the crane kick he does at the end is actually a illegal move in sports karate. Danialson should have been DQed.

But the kick in your video would be legal in MMA. but probably wouldnt be a super reliable move.

Why do it to the leg when you can do it to the face?

Tyg2bo5.gif

Jon Jones did this in a fight. Flying side kick to the leg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back