Glory 55 New York Thread

WTF! Just strip RvR of his title

Robin van Roosmalen has a hard time describing the emotions which hit him when he was told he would have to withdraw from his GLORY 55 NEW YORK title defense against Petchpanomrung.

The featherweight champion was announced today as being out of the July 20 fight due to a shoulder injury. Petchpanomrung remains on the card and will face Kevin VanNostrand in an interim title bout.

“I was arguing with the doctors, with the physio, I didn’t want to pull out of the fight,” says Van Roosmalen. “I was pissed. But I knew they were right.

“I tried to work through it but it became too difficult. I’m on some pretty strong medication right now and I’ve been told not to work my shoulder at all for two weeks, basically keep it immobile if I can.

Then if it goes well I can return to light training for four or five weeks and see how that goes. Then we can attempt to return to full training.

“I'm really disappointed to have to pull out of the fight. I'm sorry to let my fans down but I think they know that I would only pull out for something serious.

“Health is the most important thing so I need to get back to 100% and then I will be back to remind people who the 65kg boss is."

The fight would have been Van Roosmalen’s third defense of the featherweight belt and his fifth featherweight title fight overall. He is 4-0 in featherweight title fights in GLORY.

Well, if he is okay by then...stick RvR vs. Pet on the Amsterdam card and stack that fucker.

I think Kevin is potentially a more dangerous opponent than RvR, for Petchpanomrung. Not better, just more unorthodox. I believe he will get beaten up like Petpanomrungs other opponents though.

I'm just frustrated Pet doesn't get a chance to fight for the title. Of course he won the first fight, but even if he had lost he should have gotten the rematch sooner, instead of Adamchuk and Kevin! Ugh

When you realize how much attention Pets last KO got and decide to bring in another lamb to the slaughter in hopes to gain another viral head kick KO in NewYork thus building the rematch with some cat & mouse action...

Or when you realize how dangerous Pets been looking and pull out like a smart self promoter who don't wanna end up a viral KO which is like 7 times worse than a regular KO even if there was a slight chance of it happening....

All conspiracy theories a side maybe Roosmalen is injured but why haven't they given a reason?

Sha
When you realize how much attention Pets last KO got and decide to bring in another lamb to the slaughter in hopes to gain another viral head kick KO in NewYork thus building the rematch with some cat & mouse action...

Or when you realize how dangerous Pets been looking and pull out like a smart self promoter who don't wanna end up a viral KO which is like 7 times worse than a regular KO even if there was a slight chance of it happening....

All conspiracy theories a side maybe Roosmalen is injured but why haven't they given a reason? (at present I haven't seen a reason given so don't reply later on tryna correct me)
Shadess just posted the reason. Shoulder injury

i like RvR but i think he dodget a bullet in this one

Van Nnosrtand, is really, really, but really fucked...

Hopefully Pet can score another ESPN highlight and build up some hype for the title unification with RVR, looking on the bright side.

Or Kevin scores some awkward miraculous KO and our dreams are shattered.

Hopefully Pet can score another ESPN highlight and build up some hype for the title unification with RVR, looking on the bright side.

Or Kevin scores some awkward miraculous KO and our dreams are shattered.

Kevin was running around after the start of the 3rd round because of the RVR boody hooks

imagine with the pet mid kicks hahahahah

Kevin was running around after the start of the 3rd round because of the RVR boody hooks

imagine with the pet mid kicks hahahahah
I think Kevin will be able to land some unorthodox strikes in the first round. Then he will start to gas and Petpanomrung will punish him really bad. I'm a bit worried for Kevin's health to be honest

Glad I held out on buying the tickets until now lol KvN is gonna get rekt.

Anybody watch the Gokhan Saki fight in the UFC?

Wont post spoilers but man

KvN is gonna get rekt.
It depends. He could end up being a more difficult opponent because of his height and reach. Some of the more taller guys Pet fought before Roosmalen seemed a lot harder for him.

It depends. He could end up being a more difficult opponent because of his height and reach. Some of the more taller guys Pet fought before Roosmalen seemed a lot harder for him.
I think this is an intriguing matchup. I am a KvN fan so will be rooting for him again.

My wife surprised me with amazing tickets (and flight to NYC + hotel) to this event. First time seeing a Glory event live.

Pretty excited!

Back