EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

You guys aren't very good if you can't even defend an overhand. Lmao I never get KO'd by overhands and people that try spamming on me I KO easy. The dev's need to stop bending everytime there's a problem a few people don't wanna take the time to learn to solve.

Like the jab straight before the last patch, I literally never lost a single time to a jab straight spammer, it was a non issue because they were easy to beat. Also @WalkenWouldOwn, if you add a third punch to your combos you will fuck shit up. I went from decisionator to KO machine in the first round when I started adding a 3rd punch to my combos.

Aren’t you the guy who doesn’t even play ranked? How can you speak on issues you don’t even encounter?

Aren’t you the guy who doesn’t even play ranked? How can you speak on issues you don’t even encounter?

No I've just beaten some of the best players and youtubers in this game. I'm really really good, only reason I don't play ranked is because I always seem to be fighting the same 3 guys all day. Gets boring really fucking fast.

If you knew how to use head movement, sways timing and footwork you wouldn't have encountered that problem. Spammers are non issue for any player with a semblance of skill imo.

No I've just beaten some of the best players and youtubers in this game. I'm really really good, only reason I don't play ranked is because I always seem to be fighting the same 3 guys all day. Gets boring really fucking fast.

If you knew how to use head movement, sways timing and footwork you wouldn't have encountered that problem. Spammers are non issue for any player with a semblance of skill imo.

This is me using one of the worst fighters in the game vs a Ronda player with the exact same bezerker style. Easily smoked him.

So miss me with that footwork, head movement, etc. It’s less to do with that and more to do with some of these wildly inflated stats, especially with these icon fighters

And your first paragraph doesn’t make sense. You don’t play ranked but you always seem to be matched with the top players. You good but you’ve ducked everyone whos called you out. What’s your PSN? Let’s see if you are in the top 50 from past seasons

My PSN is Yougotsonnend. I've beaten IMUHBOXER and Striking Only, Rugarod just off the top of my head, not to mention a bunch of other guys. You think I don't play with good players? I have fucking Martial Mind on my friends list we have thrown down quite a few times.. lol.

Although I do agree Wanderlei is retarded, he can take combo after combo and when most guys would've fallen he's right in your grill throwing. It is what it is though, I don't mind taking the Wand challenge. I'm not trying to be a dick either @U O E N O we can have a match if you want!!

<22>

My PSN is Yougotsonnend. I've beaten IMUHBOXER and Striking Only, Rugarod just off the top of my head, not to mention a bunch of other guys. You think I don't play with good players? I have fucking Martial Mind on my friends list we have thrown down quite a few times.. lol.

Although I do agree Wanderlei is retarded, he can take combo after combo and when most guys would've fallen he's right in your grill throwing. It is what it is though, I don't mind taking the Wand challenge. I'm not trying to be a dick either @U O E N O we can have a match if you want!!

<22>

Ok I’m on right now and haven’t seen your name pop up on any seasons. Let me know when you ready to go

That new legend update is a nice surprise, but the stats are wack...Kimbo with like 94 striking, when Cain is like 89? Really? I've had fun having playing as him, but his stats must be from the YouTube days, bum fighting in boatyards and back alleys.

I really can’t with this game

This guy just launching overhand after overhand. Stamina gone. Can’t even counter cause his third or fourth shot Still rocking me.

Try to drag those players into the later rounds. Don't do any of the fancy stuff (flying knee, superman punch, spin kicks). Just avoid getting hit, or block. When you can, hit the body. By R2 you would have been able to do anything to him. You sometimes have to wait until the last half of a round, those players will gas.

Lol I must be like 2000-4 in unranked, and like 40-35 in ranked. The level is crazy different.

Me and @BjPenn2017 played yest. Only saved one of the fights and my settings is only for 10 mins so it’s incomplete. I went 2-1. Good fights again. Maybe I’ll stream to avoid those problems

Every fighter has their combos listed in the pause menu I believe. And you don't need combos to be successful really, I rarely throw more than 2 strikes at a time. There is no combo multiplier like UFC 2, though strikes do come out super fast if you input a quick combo. That aspect is improved over UFC 2 IMO though.

Hmm I really do not recall seeing the combo list when I tried it out. I also recall googling it and reading you couldn't see it outside of the practice modes. I could be wrong. And yeah I was never one to do really ridiculous combos but it's weird to me that simple combos would come out real slow for some fighters. But then again I also did think it was weird to see non-kickers throwing spinning and flying kicks too so I'm glad they are trying to make it more "realistic" in terms of figher's striking capablities. I may try the game out again i get the itch to play it every once in a while

Wish they would add openweight to online they have it in single player would be so much fun I think that's something we can all agree on here lol

It’s amazing how people are wizards striking. Mastering all the slick combos like pre loaded jab upper hook. That low,kick body kick. Etc. But they have absolutely no clue how to defend a TD or compose themselves on the bottom

I played for the first time in a few weeks yesterday. The ground seems more responsive.

I still seem to have the best luck just standing there swinging for the fences. Use a little footwork to get them walking forward and rip off combos. I wish it was more about landing 1-2 shots and using movement and evasion, something about the combos just doesn't feel like MMA to me. MMA striking is supposed to be sloppy and is all about setting up the big shot, these constant clean combos just look and feel wrong. It makes the game play like movie fights.

I played for the first time in a few weeks yesterday. The ground seems more responsive.

I still seem to have the best luck just standing there swinging for the fences. Use a little footwork to get them walking forward and rip off combos. I wish it was more about landing 1-2 shots and using movement and evasion, something about the combos just doesn't feel like MMA to me. MMA striking is supposed to be sloppy and is all about setting up the big shot, these constant clean combos just look and feel wrong. It makes the game play like movie fights.
Yeah when you land 10 critical his roundhouse kicks to someone's face and they are only a little bruised it's weird

So I'm thinking about picking this up used. Are the fights against the computer still the same brawls that reward you for volume more than precision and timing? Do big clean shots matter, or is it still about filling up a a gauge to get a finish? Does strategy play a role or do they all still fight the same?

I tried playing 2 about a week ago and it was unplayable. Every fight feels exactly the same.

Back