MUST own PS4 games?

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Rebought the PS4 Pro GOW edition in hopes that the PS4 library got better or more worthy titles.
I have:
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (horrible)
God of War
The Last Of Us
Tekken 7
UFC 3
CoD: BO3

So far, the experience is a tad better than when the PS4 Pro first launched, but nothing has been able to take me away from my PC. What are the best games for co-op and local multiplayer?

I can't really speak to multiplayer or co-op, but if you're looking for a badass single player experience, pick up Alien Isolation. It's a fantastic game, even better if you love the first two movies.

Problem I'm having is buying a game that's already on PC. It's just so much better on PC, graphics, controls, voice chat, refresh rate, resolution, 100+ framerate.
Even with that aside, the load times on PS4 are unbelievable. Tekken 7 takes almost a minute to load in between fights. PC is almost instant.I bought 3 games from Gamestop the other day and spent almost an hour downloading, installing, and updating.

none? gta5, if you consider it a ps4 game?

basically, none.

couch co-op is more or less dead, unfortunately.

I got GTA 5 on PC. The load times on that are pretty bad, so the PS4 I'd assume would be even worse. Not even going to talk about the difference in graphics and controls.
That's unfortunately to hear. I was hoping there's like a smash bros type of game people can jump in and play without much skill requirements.

basically, none.

couch co-op is more or less dead, unfortunately.

Dont listen to this joker. He loves to make generalities without playing games.

There are plenty of PS4 exclusives that are worth an instabuy.

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games of all time, if you like difficult games with challenge and addictive gameplay loop, this is the one.
If its your first foray to a souls like game, then it may take a bit to get over the first hurdle but once you do, yoll be in with one of the most rewarding gameplay experiences ever.

Resident evil 7 is a multiplatform game however the best way to experience it is with PSVR. One of the best gaming experiences ever. If you have PSVR, this is the first game and last game you try.

Uncharted 4. What can I say, the finale to one of the best franchises in gaming history. Set pieces and fast paced gameplay, with some of the best graphics on the PS4 and a heartwarming adult story.

Horizon Zero Dawn. Fixes whats wrong with a majority of ubisoft open world type games. Great game.

Nier Automata. A game where multiple playthroughs are required, one of the more unique experiences on the console, amazing action game to boot and its made by platinum so you know its good. One of the best soundtracks ever, (if you love Ghost in the shell, Akira type soundtracks, you'll love this).Its multplat this year though. Need to go back and finish the other playthroughs, but I loved every minute of this.

Yakuza 0, just get this and enjoy.

God of War and TLOU Remastered you already have on your list.

I havent played Detroit become human etc but there are plenty of good exclusives that are up and coming too. Like Ghosts of Tushima, TLOU 2, Days Gone, Spiderman etc. Death Strading also looks amazingly intriguing.

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games of all time, if you like difficult games with challenge and addictive gameplay loop, this is the one.
If its your first foray to a souls like game, then it may take a bit to get over the first hurdle but once you do, yoll be in with one of the most rewarding gameplay experiences ever.

Resident evil 7 is a multiplatform game however the best way to experience it is with PSVR. One of the best gaming experiences ever. If you have PSVR, this is the first game and last game you try.

Uncharted 4. What can I say, the finale to one of the best franchises in gaming history. Set pieces and fast paced gameplay, with some of the best graphics on the PS4 and a heartwarming adult story.

Horizon Zero Dawn. Fixes whats wrong with a majority of ubisoft open world type games. Great game.

Nier Automata. A game where multiple playthroughs are required, one of the more unique experiences on the console, amazing action game to boot and its made by platinum so you know its good. One of the best soundtracks ever, (if you love Ghost in the shell, Akira type soundtracks, you'll love this).Its multplat this year though. Need to go back and finish the other playthroughs, but I loved every minute of this.

I havent played Detroit become human etc but there are plenty of good exclusives that are up and coming too. Like Ghosts of Tushima, TLOU 2, Days Gone, Spiderman etc. Death Strading also looks amazingly intriguing.
This.

Would also add many indie titles too. Anything by HouseMarque for instance. Pretty godly when it comes to twin-stick shooters imho.

oh, right. "must buy" = maybe think about buying if you're a strong fan of the genre...

lolz @ psvr.

edit: it's as if he mentioned being a pc gamer and was looking for couch co-op or something.

way to mention a bunch of not couch co-op games.

I recommend Bloodborne. But it isn't for everyone; try and get a demo of it, or get a cheap pre-owned copy.

I got Dark Souls on PC, while it's challenging and all, I find it a bit tedious and repetitive.

Over the VR, have an oculus rift + touch that I never even touch.

I found this game to be clunky and extremely linear. Felt like the game didn't even need me to play, just to press something every now and then, run and shoot sometimes, then watch cutscenes.

Might check this out, but I'm not positive I'll care for it, TBH.

Looks a little too anime fanboy for myself.

Is this actually good? I've heard some people mention it, I honestly don't know anything about it. Will consider it since it is an exclusive and looks pretty cool.

Detroit looked interesting, but looks like a shit load of QTE and cutscenes.
All the E3 stuff looked great, but E3 demo's always look amazing. Looking forward to that Ghost of Sushi though.

I got Dark Souls on PC, while it's challenging and all, I find it a bit tedious and repetitive.

Over the VR, have an oculus rift + touch that I never even touch.

I found this game to be clunky and extremely linear. Felt like the game didn't even need me to play, just to press something every now and then, run and shoot sometimes, then watch cutscenes.

Might check this out, but I'm not positive I'll care for it, TBH.

Looks a little too anime fanboy for myself.

Is this actually good? I've heard some people mention it, I honestly don't know anything about it. Will consider it since it is an exclusive and looks pretty cool.

Detroit looked interesting, but looks like a shit load of QTE and cutscenes.
All the E3 stuff looked great, but E3 demo's always look amazing. Looking forward to that Ghost of Sushi though.

I guet about some guys finding challenging games tedious, but reptitive? Thats one thing I havent ever heard about DS. Strange that you think that, maybe expain a bit?

Well UC games have been extremely linear, its why thy can pace the games as they do with the narrative beats etc. Some people feel like you do though so a valid point there with the games being too linear and feeling like you arent in control. I feel like tats too reductive and you could say that about 80+% of games but oh well. For me its my favorite franchise, and the MP for UC2 is one of my most played MPs ever, pure gameplay and pure fun.

Resident evil 7 is the best VR game Ive ever played. That game is truly atmospheric, frightening etc. Its a fantastic experience, and a majority of VR games are utter shit so people already think RE7 VR is gonna be shit, its not. Its mindbogglingly good.

I guess RE games, DMC games, Yakuza, Nier are all anime like etc and over the top but thats just the japanese culture infused into the games. They make them unique etc.

I forgot to add Persona 5, but if the anime aesthetic puts you off, itll put you off this one too.

I honestly dont know if you like games with pure gameplay or games that are more narrative focused, so its hard to know what you like, maybe mention some and I can recommend something else?

oh, right. "must buy" = maybe think about buying if you're a strong fan of the genre...

lolz @ psvr.

edit: it's as if he mentioned being a pc gamer and was looking for couch co-op or something.

way to mention a bunch of not couch co-op games.

Lol this nerd ducks under "TS was asking something else".

I answered he same question you answered about must own PS4 games. You mentioned GTA 5. But move the goalposts and only focus on his second question.

"lolz @ PSVR" says the guy too broke to afford it and guranteed hasnt played many VR games.

Have the balls to quote, before posting.

@MUSTKILL try CS go VR since you have oculus.

I guet about some guys finding challenging games tedious, but reptitive? Thats one thing I havent ever heard about DS. Strange that you think that, maybe expain a bit?
This is probably because I've spent maybe 3-5 hours playing Dark Souls, but the gameplay to me, seems to revolve around dying a ton until you figure out the enemies patterns, then rolling a fuckton until you can get your hits in. Rinse and repeat.
I'd like to hear more the intricacies of what makes it so good, because it does have a huge following.

Well UC games have been extremely linear, its why thy can pace the games as they do with the narrative beats etc. Some people feel like you do though so a valid point there with the games being too linear and feeling like you arent in control. I feel like tats too reductive and you could say that about 80+% of games but oh well. For me its my favorite franchise, and the MP for UC2 is one of my most played MPs ever, pure gameplay and pure fun.
The controls are really rough for me, aiming with joysticks just seems so clunky and gimped.

Resident evil 7 is the best VR game Ive ever played. That game is truly atmospheric, frightening etc. Its a fantastic experience, and a majority of VR games are utter shit so people already think RE7 VR is gonna be shit, its not. Its mindbogglingly good.
I can see how that can be entertaining, but VR is so cumbersome and has such crappy graphics due to the low resolution screens of the PSVR.

I guess RE games, DMC games, Yakuza, Nier are all anime like etc and over the top but thats just the japanese culture infused into the games. They make them unique etc.
I don't mind Japanese style games, just hate the ones where it's all cutesy and cartoon like. I dig DMC and Yakuza seems cool. But is it just another GTA clone with a Japanese skin or is there something else more to it?

I forgot to add Persona 5, but if the anime aesthetic puts you off, itll put you off this one too.

I honestly dont know if you like games with pure gameplay or games that are more narrative focused, so its hard to know what you like, maybe mention some and I can recommend something else?[/QUOTE]
My favorite games are usually fighting, RPG, action RPG, or anything with co-op.

List of favorites:
Star Wars: KOTOR
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast/Academy
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Bushido Blade
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Shenmue
Rust
ARMA 3
ESO

Edit: FPS in VR give me a HUGE headache, from what I've read its common since movement while your sitting still feels odd. That's why teleporting seems to be the only option in VR

Lol this nerd ducks under "TS was asking something else".

I answered he same question you answered about must own PS4 games. You mentioned GTA 5. But move the goalposts and only focus on his second question.

"lolz @ PSVR" says the guy too broke to afford it and guranteed hasnt played many VR games.

Have the balls to quote, before posting.

@MUSTKILL try CS go VR since you have oculus.

yeah, i backpedaled so hard that i made my first post about it (couch co-op).

i guess i'm a time traveler. but i quoted you this time, because that somehow takes balls. derp.

Yakuza is very different than GTA. For one it's not open world. The map is based around a city district much smaller than the GTA world. You travel around mostly by walking. Driving is not the primary feature, instead it's more of a beat em up.

I'll add Persona 5! I love that game!

Nier isn't an exclusive though, and Yakuza games are coming to PC. I have Yakuza 6 on PS4, not a fan of the framerate and load times.

I definitely want to play Horizon, but I'm worried about the framerate and load times as well. I'm really sensitive to sub 30 FPS, how did you find it? I'll prob just wait for the inevitable PS5 remaster. I loved the TLOU remaster on PS4, one of the best games I've ever played. I had it on PS3, but I found it too choppy

I love VR, and my Rift. There are so many PSVR games I want to play, namely Wipeout and Res 7, but I'll hold off until it gets upgraded for the PS5. I can't wait to see how Sony upgrades. Sony, Oculus and Steam are doing great things for the VR market.

I'll add Persona 5! I love that game!

Nier isn't an exclusive though, and Yakuza games are coming to PC. I have Yakuza 6 on PS4, not a fan of the framerate and load times.

I definitely want to play Horizon, but I'm worried about the framerate and load times as well. I'm really sensitive to sub 30 FPS, how did you find it? I'll prob just wait for the inevitable PS5 remaster. I loved the TLOU remaster on PS4, one of the best games I've ever played. I had it on PS3, but I found it too choppy

I love VR, and my Rift. There are so many PSVR games I want to play, namely Wipeout and Res 7, but I'll hold off until it gets upgraded for the PS5. I can't wait to see how Sony upgrades. Sony, Oculus and Steam are doing great things for the VR market.
I mentioned it in another post as I forgot to mention it but its another masterpiece. P4G is amazing on the vita.

This is probably because I've spent maybe 3-5 hours playing Dark Souls, but the gameplay to me, seems to revolve around dying a ton until you figure out the enemies patterns, then rolling a fuckton until you can get your hits in. Rinse and repeat.
I'd like to hear more the intricacies of what makes it so good, because it does have a huge following.

The controls are really rough for me, aiming with joysticks just seems so clunky and gimped.

I can see how that can be entertaining, but VR is so cumbersome and has such crappy graphics due to the low resolution screens of the PSVR.

I don't mind Japanese style games, just hate the ones where it's all cutesy and cartoon like. I dig DMC and Yakuza seems cool. But is it just another GTA clone with a Japanese skin or is there something else more to it?

I honestly dont know if you like games with pure gameplay or games that are more narrative focused, so its hard to know what you like, maybe mention some and I can recommend something else?
My favorite games are usually fighting, RPG, action RPG, or anything with co-op.

List of favorites:
Star Wars: KOTOR
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast/Academy
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Bushido Blade
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Shenmue
Rust
ARMA 3
ESO

Edit: FPS in VR give me a HUGE headache, from what I've read its common since movement while your sitting still feels odd. That's why teleporting seems to be the only option in VR
[/QUOTE]

Jedi outcast and academy are the only games on that list i liked and never played most of them.

But I like to just turn a game on and get to killing normally.

Back