Touring a Stadium where you are not a fan of?

icemanliddell

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am going to England late this month and sadly, I won't be able to go to Anfield. But I am thinking of going to Stamford Bridge to take a tour since we are staying an hour away by foot. I have a particular interest in Chelsea Academy because the best player in our National Team is a graduate from there.

I still have not forgotten about Torres but life goes on.

Has anyone taken a tour there before? Can I just go solo or do I need to book a tour guide?

I am going to England late this month and sadly, I won't be able to go to Anfield. But I am thinking of going to Stamford Bridge to take a tour since we are staying an hour away by foot. I have a particular interest in Chelsea Academy because the best player in our National Team is a graduate from there.

I still have not forgotten about Torres but life goes on.

Has anyone taken a tour there before? Can I just go solo or do I need to book a tour guide?
I don't really know too much about it, and for whatever reason there doesn't seem to be too many Chelsea fans around here.

After a quick Google though found this. It sort of implies that you need a guide for the stadium tour, but doesn't specify. The last paragraph says that you can do the museum tour without one if you wish.https://strawberrytours.com/london/attractions/chelsea-stadium-tours

We only stay in the UK for a few days. Then we board a cruise to Norway. I checked the train tickets and I found out that it's not worth a day's trip just to see Anfield.

I know. So close yet so far.

Looked around the Boca Jnr's stadium when I was in Buenos Aires, a bit dumpy I spose but had character to it, couldn't really see the point of touring all but the most impressive(would probably see the Birds Nest in Beijing if I ever visited again) modern stadia.

This truly is the definition of a glory hunter, he loves 'his' team from afar, and even when he visits the coutry they reside in, decides it isnt worth his while and would rtather visit a club that most of thier fans call 'plastic'

Pretty much the type of fan you are.

This truly is the definition of a glory hunter, he loves 'his' team from afar, and even when he visits the coutry they reside in, decides it isnt worth his while and would rtather visit a club that most of thier fans call 'plastic'

Pretty much the type of fan you are.

Liverpool is top four in the EPL last season (and in Champion's League Finals) and Chelsea finished sixth. What "glory" will I exactly gain from the latter?

Ive done the barca and madrid stadium tours. They were good and you could walk round solo. Going to do the juve one this year but you have to do it with a guide.

I'd tour Jerry World or the new Falcons stadiums.

Nothing wrong with appreciate great architecture.

Liverpool is top four in the EPL last season (and in Champion's League Finals) and Chelsea finished sixth. What "glory" will I exactly gain from the latter?
they're the most successful team in England over the last 10 years.

I'd tour Jerry World or the new Falcons stadiums.

Nothing wrong with appreciate great architecture.
This. The more popular stadiums have so much money/time/emotion invested into it that it's basically piece of art. If they allow tours and it's a fair price then I don't see why not

Absolute wool as the boys on RAWK would say.

Back