Can the 96 Bulls beat 19 Warriors in a 7-game series?

Ok first things first.

We don't know how the Warriors are in 2019.

Secondly, the Warriors have zero answer for Jordan who is the best on the court out of everyone with ease. Jordan would slow the game down and pick apart these mental midgets, but it wouldn't be easy, they are talented scorers.

Jordan would defensively body Ghey Thompson canceling him out, Pippen would make Durant work his ass off every possession and nearly cancelling him out, Rodman would slaughter Gheymon, Curry will be torching any of the Bulls PGs.

Matchup ratings
Jordan = 5 stars
Pippen = 3 stars
Rodman = 4 stars
Harper = 1 star

Curry = 4 stars
Durant = 3 stars
Gheymond = 2 stars
Thompson = 2 stars

The question is, how does Boogie fit in, how do the Bulls stop him and how much life does Iggy give the Warriors coming off the bench?

We don't know what Iggy is going to look like, the dude is a headcase and could comeback fat, out of shape and as entitled as ever. Or he comes back looking like the previous season and easily can dump 20/13 on Kukoc/Longley every game. Shit the Bulls may need to put Rodman on Boogie.

Overall the Bulls have the stronger, tougher core vs the better shooting but less physical and mentally weak Warriors. I say they are more mentally weak because Gheymond who is a spaz who'd let Rodman and Jordan destroy him and Durant who had to go to a already champion caliber team to become a winner.

The Warriors are however a deeper team and if Booger is in shape it's a real uphill battle for the Bulls. Iggy also alleviates a lot of pressure by giving a few players some rest with little opposition for him.

Series goes 7 games and in game 7 can the Warriors go head to head with a mental King who's pissed off he has to go to his first game 7?

s-l300.jpg

Psychology-wise, the Bulls are light years ahead of the Warriors. Imagine the mind games guys like MJ and Rodman would play with KD and Draymond.

Why does everyone act like Harper was a scrub? Dude averaged 20/5/5 the season prior to joining the Bulls. Of course his numbers will take a dip when he joins a team with Jordan, Pippen, Kuoc, and Kerr. His job was to set up the offense and play lockdown D; which he did.

I think it goes 7 - Jordan’s easily the best player in the series and the Warriors have never seen 3 defenders like MJ, Scottie, and the Worm. Unfortunately GS probably wins due to 3’s, it just boils down to math. If they played with no 3 point line the Bulls sweep

Defensive pressure makes Curry wilt. Take your pick, Curry has never played a defender on par with MJ/Pip.

Defensive pressure makes Curry wilt. Take your pick, Curry has never played a defender on par with MJ/Pip.

Rodman would also be able to get inside of KD's head enough, on most nights, to contain him. KD would still put up decent numbers, just not be an unstoppable force.

Rodman would also be able to get inside of KD's head enough, on most nights, to contain him. KD would still put up decent numbers, just not be an unstoppable force.

Rodman would make Donkey self-destruct and get ejected in 4 straight games lmao

Incredible how offen they dont wilt with how soft they supposedly are.

To be fair the 90s era teams defense is on another level compared to today.

The 90s Westbrook would never be allowed to drive the lane as easily as he does nowadays. Especially against a team like the 96 Bulls or the Bad Boys Detroit team were IT and Rodman straight up mugged dudes that charged the lane.

I played basketball as a kid and I can't stand watching it now... no one plays defense/the rules feel like they've changed/are interpreted in such a way that no one plays true defense anymore.

Rodman would get Draymond or KD to lose their mind and you put Jordan, a guy that could actually play perimeter D on Curry with Pippen out there too... ffffuuuuuu

To be fair the 90s era teams defense is on another level compared to today.

The 90s Westbrook would never be allowed to drive the lane as easily as he does nowadays. Especially against a team like the 96 Bulls or the Bad Boys Detroit team were IT and Rodman straight up mugged dudes that charged the lane.

I played basketball as a kid and I can't stand watching it now... no one plays defense/the rules feel like they've changed/are interpreted in such a way that no one plays true defense anymore.

Rodman would get Draymond or KD to lose their mind and you put Jordan, a guy that could actually play perimeter D on Curry with Pippen out there too... ffffuuuuuu
Thats all fine and dandy.

Theyre still being judged based on folks currently hating them lol.

I still havent seen anyone answer how they stop half court three pointers from three different players though.

Thats all fine and dandy.

Theyre still judged based on folks currently hating hem lol.
I realize that.

I could see Curry making Jordan look like a fool a couple times with how he can handle and how he can hit from almost the halfcourt line consistently but by the same token Kukoc, Rodman, Pippen, and the 96 Bulls bench I think could give KD, Draymond, and Thompson fits that Curry wouldn't be able to overcome no matter how good he is if he had to pull the majority of the weight in a situation like that.

Bulls in 6. GSW have never seen a defense like the bulls brought to the table in the 90s. They weren't scoring 100+ every game just because they had Jordan they won so many low scoring close games.

Why does everyone act like Harper was a scrub? Dude averaged 20/5/5 the season prior to joining the Bulls. Of course his numbers will take a dip when he joins a team with Jordan, Pippen, Kuoc, and Kerr. His job was to set up the offense and play lockdown D; which he did.

Harper's big contribution for the Bulls was his defense. And that is what newer fans don't really understand it seems. Harper was a 6'6 and playing the point guard position. The combination of 6'6 Harper, 6'6 Jordan, and 6'8 Pippen was a nightmare for back courts. Jordan and Pippen are all time great defensive players but Harper was also above average. The combined length, ability, and IQ would be a lot for Curry and Klay to deal with. Then you throw in 6'9 Dennis Rodman, another all time great defender, who is versatile enough to guard both wing players and big men and it's just tough night lol.

They almost wilted in 2015 playing an inferior team in the finals. They did wilt in 2016 although they showed heart coming back from 3-1 against OKC. And they very likely dodged a bullet this year with Chris Paul getting injured.

They almost wilted in 2015 playing an inferior team in the finals. They did wilt in 2016 although they showed heart coming back from 3-1 against OKC. And they very likely dodged a bullet this year with Chris Paul getting injured.
They “almost wilted” by going 4-2 against the second best player of all time along with Kyrie?

They wilted by taking that same player to game 7 and not losing until the very last moment?

They dodged a bullet by Chris Paul being out, but “they wilted” with Draymond missing time?

Maybe give them some credit for the caliber of opponents theyre racking up championships against? Or do you think the Bulls did it against similar competition every year?

They “almost wilted” by going 4-2 against the second best player of all time along with Kyrie?

Kyrie didn't play but one game tho. And no Kevin Love. And the Warriors looked shaky that whole series.

They wilted by taking that same player to game 7 and not losing until the very last moment?

Yes. You're talking about a team that went 73-9 and went up 3-1. And yet couldn't get the job done. Shouldn't have been a game 7 shouldn't have been a last moment.

They dodged a bullet by Chris Paul being out, but “they wilted” with Draymond missing time?

They lost 3 games in a row

Maybe give them some credit for the caliber of opponents theyre racking up championships against? Or do you think the Bulls did it against similar competition every year?

They are one of the greatest teams on one of the greatest runs in history. One of only 8 dynasties. I just think the Bulls are uniquely constructed to topple them.

And yes, the Bulls beat very good teams. Magic' s Lakers, Bad Boy Pistons, Barkleys Suns, Utah Jazz twice, Payton & Kemps Supersonics, Shaq & Penny Magic, the Knicks 2x, the Cavs, the Pacers, Mourning & Hardaway Heat, Drexlers Blazers...

'96 Bulls have the best athletes in world history. They would dominate.

I don't think bill cartwrite is quite quick enough to guard Durant lol. It would probably be pippen. An underrated defender, but everything would still be almost like an open jumpshot. Actually, it would be kukoc. *shrugs*

Back