Israel Adesanya

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who here is a fan of his?

I am pretty high on him, especially if he defeats Brad Tavares. He actually has a lot of good kickboxing experience, having faced guys like: Simon Marcus (better in Muay Thai, than Glory, but still), Alex Pereira (whom he lost to twice), Yousri Belgaroui (who honestly, I am not familiar with. But he has faced some guys in his fresh career), Bogdan Stoica (good fighter) and has got a win vs Felip Verlinden - who has faced a bit of a bad streak, but has very solid experience against the top guys. Adesanya already has a more valuable experience in striking than Michael Page and Darren Till, for his opponents are actually quite known and have been somewhat successful (more-so in the latter part of his kickboxing career). Some people on sherdog have compared Adesanya to Michael Page, which I think is quite amusing...

How far do you think Adesanya can go?

Also, what do you think he needs to change?

I think Adesanya should focus on developing a crisp jab, he hit Vettori with it a few times, but not enough. I think he clearly won rounds 1&2 in his fight with Vettori, but never managed to stop him engaging or coming forward. Maybe become a bit bigger too, because compared to some of the other guys, he doesn't appear to cut much weight, or he doesn't have the same mass, which can hurt his punching a little bit imo.

Here is the good fight vs Jason Wilnis (which some believed Adesanya to have won):

Brad Tavares is a good test for him, but I believe this fight to be very winnable for Adesanya. I look forward to see him evolve in his career.

Really enjoy watching Adesanya fight, whether it's Kickboxing, MMA, Boxing, whatever. I'm very interested to see how he evolves and I think he can become a title contender one day if he stays consistent and keeps adding more to his arsenal.

I like him. I've used him before as an example when bringing up Yodwicha in mma.

I like his style having seen him fight in Melbourne a few yrs back, he is a good self promoter too. Im not a massive mma guy but its obvious he will struggle against elite wrestlers. Being taking down a few times in the 2 ufc fights of his. Too his credit bounces straight back up.

I lile him, he is talented and entertaining but i hope he can back up his cockiness in the cage.

So.. who watched his fight last night?

So.. who watched his fight last night?

decent, but he keeps posturing sometimes only moving his head and not feet. I'd like to see him against an pressure fighter.

decent, but he keeps posturing sometimes only moving his head and not feet. I'd like to see him against an pressure fighter.
I would like to see him against Brunson/Paulo Costa (if he wins tonight). Or, vs Uriah Hall just for the lols.

i like him a lot but i cant deny that was so good to jump out of the chair with the crowd when he got KTFO against Pereira in GOH São Paulo

Never Call Brazil a Favela,it is highly disrespectful(nothhing against people from favela,obviosly like almost all of the people who live in there are poor but most of them are good hard working people) but the foreign stereotypal this

Good striking and should keep having an advantage in MMA. Big test will come when he faces a world class grappler. Not long before you see Kickboxers that beat him start bringing that up. Believe Alex Pereira has already. Good for Adesanya though, he is on fire right now.

I just realized he is 6'4". He can probably move up to HW. He has the frame.

He was robbed against Wilnis, fuck Glory for this! We are too small sometimes. I wish he will be a champion somewhere else where he will be a lot more famous and better paid!

Marcus got older, so only Pereira was better than him. But Israel was there. While Levin didn"t want to fight at the highest level, just another Samedov lately.

Back